Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

^

The election task force has worked to shield election infrastructure from foreign efforts to change vote counts. And the foreign influence task force is working to publicly reveal efforts by foreign actors to shape American political discourse on social media—in the hopes of significantly expanding Americans’ understanding of the threat. It was also designed to improve DHS’s coordination with foreign allies who face the same threat, and to help DHS better alert the private sector about threats.

The changes to the task forces may make it harder for them to realize those goals, current and former officials say.

“It won’t be 2016 all over again—the threat is changing,” said a former DHS official. “A thinly staffed task force working on that is not going to be equipped to keep up with the adversary.”

A few weeks before President Donald Trump’s inauguration, then-DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson determined that DHS was responsible for helping protect election infrastructure—meaning polling places, voting machines, voter databases, and all the other components that make elections happen. The new, complex undertaking involved scores of state and local governments. A few years in, the department is still getting its footing. So the changes detailed here have people close to the department deeply concerned.  

“Because it’s a very difficult task and because DHS has never done it before, there’s a lot of catching up to do,” said the former DHS official. “Even with a fully resourced effort, that would be an extremely tall task. But having it be deprioritized and lacking access to senior leadership, it’s virtually impossible.”

That said, these changes appear to reflect the White House’s disinterest in beefing up election security, according to Paul Rosenzweig, formerly deputy assistant secretary for policy at DHS.

4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

“Newt thinks he’s a great man but in fact he’s a piece of dogshit who did great harm to his country. When he finally dies we should bury him with Trump in a trash can in an unmarked grave somewhere in some trash dump.”

-fin

This makes no sense to me....how will I be able to shit on their graves?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Bill Shine’s wife is happy measles are coming back.  Apparently Baby Boomers are able to fight cancer because they had measles as kids  

https://boingboing.net/2019/02/13/wife-of-top-trump-official-che.html

Yeah, because the boomers never get cancer.

I hope this bitch gets polio.

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Bill Shine’s wife is happy measles are coming back.  Apparently Baby Boomers are able to fight cancer because they had measles as kids  

https://boingboing.net/2019/02/13/wife-of-top-trump-official-che.html

The internet has had the unfortunate side effect of making dumb dumbs think their opinion is equally valid to that of PhD scientists. 

JFC, maybe it's because I'm a CPA and I've lived and breathed this shit for so long, but the number of people who think withholding and refunds are all just things that go into a meat grinder and magically come out as some random numbers at the end of the year never ceases to astound me.

Pay attention here:

The IRS tax tables ARE NOT SET UP TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A REFUND WHEN YOU FILE YOUR TAXES.  They are an estimate, based on the information that YOU are supposed to provide on your W-4 based on the calculations YOU are supposed to do on the backside of the W-4, of how much tax YOU are supposed to be assessed for the year.  If you do it correctly, you should have virtually no refund or no tax due.  That might not be the case if your income fluctuates during the year, if you get a bonus, if you work two jobs, etc., because the tax tables don't "know" this - they are based on the predication that you are going to earn x amount every week, two weeks, whatever your pay cycle is, and your taxes will be withheld accordingly.
Want a bigger refund?  Here's how:  increase your withholding by $20 per paycheck.  Or $50.  Or $100.  Or $10.  It doesn't matter.  At the end of the year, if you had more of YOUR money withheld from your paychecks than the amount of tax assessed on your tax return, you'll get a refund.  If you did not have enough of YOUR money withheld from your paycheck then you have to make up the difference.
So essentially, if you're getting a refund, you're giving the government a bunch of YOUR money out of each one of your paychecks so they can give it back to you when you file your taxes.  If you're happy about that then you're kind of stupid.  OK let me rephrase that...if you're happy about it once you understand what's happening, THEN you're stupid.  
Any questions?

For many of my family members they need the refund cause they cannot save shit on their own, the refund gets to help pay off the credit cards they rang up over the holidays.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’ve said it a million times.  The right would rather the country burn than cede to the progressives.  And they sure as hell sympathize with Russians over trannies/browns.  

Thats why the extreme measure of hanging many of these treasonous assholes is necessary.  

Because Russians are white (at least the ones they see on the tee vee) and hate the mooslams, too! 

On 2/13/2019 at 7:26 AM, Bama Chick said:

Men who feel strongly pro-life - enough to freak out about it on the internet - creep me out.

Controlling motherfuckers. Dead giveaway.

The one nice thing about the emboldened right — they pretty much filter themselves out of your life with no real effort on your part.

Reading the Atlantic article now.  It's incredible.

Job number one of the next is to spend 4 years repairing and restoring decency and the customs that keep us civilized.

Job two is stop disinformation.

Job three is to fight corruption.

Job four is to actually govern.

Jesus we are so far from where we were not that long ago.

5 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Reading the Atlantic article now.  It's incredible.

Meh.  I’m numb to it.  There’s nothing said there that I didn’t know.  And I’m no genius.  It’s about time we stop with ‘oh wow’ and mobilize to support their opposition.  Like the father of the parkland victim who started the fund to support that shitstain rep’s opponent.  Let’s roll.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Meh.  I’m numb to it.  There’s nothing said there that I didn’t know.  And I’m no genius.  It’s about time we stop with ‘oh wow’ and mobilize to support their opposition.  Like the father of the parkland victim who started the fund to support that shitstain rep’s opponent.  Let’s roll.  

Vote.

Vote.

Vote those dumbshits out.

None of this matters if you don't vote (them out).

31 minutes ago, troph said:

Job number one of the next is to spend 4 years repairing and restoring decency and the customs that keep us civilized.

Job two is stop disinformation.

Job three is to fight corruption.

Job four is to actually govern.

Jesus we are so far from where we were not that long ago.

I'd add put in institutional controls to try to prevent this from happening again. 

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Fucking.  This.

Sounding the alarm has been necessary.  Getting people to pay attention to this is necessary.  But now.....spit on your hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats.  All of em.  Vote every single one of them out - take action.  And if you don't vote them out this election, stay on them.  The next one, and the next one.  Until the purge is done.  No prisoners. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fucking.  This.

Sounding the alarm has been necessary.  Getting people to pay attention to this is necessary.  But now.....spit on your hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats.  All of em.  Vote every single one of them out - take action.  And if you don't vote them out this election, stay on them.  The next one, and the next one.  Until the purge is done.  No prisoners. 

This has gone from being an urge to being a patriotic duty.

1 hour ago, tucker said:

I'd add put in institutional controls to try to prevent this from happening again. 

And it needs to start at home.  Local, county and state levels.  Outlaw gerrymandering to start with.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

MAGA!

Well it might raise the wages for the workers who don't get cut, who get to manage the machines.