Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I still think the possibility of Trump not running or finishing his term is being undervalued.  I’ve always been in the minority on this opinion.  

Way back in the beginning of this nightmare, I also wrote that I thought Trump would find a way to leave office so as not to be defeated in 2020. He'd come up with health reasons or something.

Since then, I'm persuaded that's he's way more unstable. He sees the reality he wants. That reality is that he is wildly loved and the best president ever. That reality is that anything that contradicts his view is the product of evil-doers looking to thwart dear Donald Trump.

He goes to rallies of loving deplorables to reinforce this delusion.

I didn't see anything this extreme coming back in 2016. 

I think there are two avenues for him. One, he finds a way out of the re-election campaign to avoid defeat and continue to be able to claim all the shit that he claims.

Two, he runs and declares a national emergency when he loses to allow for a thorough investigation of the election. He will likely be supported by a substantial majority of GOPs in Congress and maybe on the courts. They have much to lose.

I don't want to risk avenue #2. I want to begin impeachment very soon. Abuse of powers should include the Executive pronouncing enemies of the state and constant lying. It should also include the running of so many executive departments by unconfirmed appointees.

Unless Trump resigns, which seems totally contra to his nature, this is going to get ugly beyond our imaginations of just a few short years ago. There will be a lot of blood. We've already been transformed into a different type of republic. 

rotten-banana.jpg

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

The good news is I think the military hates him. Not that I think it will devolve into him trying to start a coup, but who knows. 

The few I served and still keep in touch with who are still on active duty (not many because I got out 20 years ago) support him.  Of those I remain in touch with who are now out, I'd say roughly 75% of them are Always Trumpers.

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I don’t think he’ll pull a Branch Davidian stand-off or anything.

But I could absolutely see him ignoring all past protocol and history and refusing to participate in the usual Inauguration Day pomp and circumstance.

He will totally skip the unity breakfast and greeting the new first family at the White House and probably skip the swearing in of the new president and hold a rally in some holler in West Virginia at the same time as a fuck you.

It will be worse than that. He blew off the attempts by the outgoing administration to advise and help with the transition. There is no way he would ever act like a responsible statesman and offer the incoming administration any help in any way. If anything, he'll leave land mines. 

There's literally nothing happening in this administration except mean tweets every morning about crowd sizes and unfair news coverage. 

You all act like this administration actually has some wisdom or insight to share with the next administration. 

They don't. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Can you imagine how much shit will turn up missing after he's gone? Paintings, silverware, furniture, etc? 

Melania is definitely running off with the silverware and the China. Donald won't take anything that doesn't have his picture or his name on it. 

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

There's literally nothing happening in this administration except mean tweets every morning about crowd sizes and unfair news coverage. 

You all act like this administration actually has some wisdom or insight to share with the next administration. 

They don't. 

What about these great ideas-

The Trump administration reportedly spent months trying to make sure unauthorized immigrants couldn't go to school

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-administration-undocumented-immigrants-school-stephen-miller-2019-8

5 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

This.  There will be much spouting of empty words.  There is a better than fair chance the Proud Boys or some similar, racist wannabe-soldier dress up group comes out to burn some couches, but that'll be about it.

Exactly. Dotard has no army of supporters waiting at the ready for his orders to attack the evil libtards. His most ardent supporters have handicap placards hanging from the rearview mirror in their 98 Oldsmobile.

If you are fearing a revolt from a regiment of guys on power scooters you might be just a bit paranoid. You are more likely to be overrun by the soldiers manning the Maginot line than this collection of clownshow morons. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Imagine Bush Gore 2000 turned up to eleven. That's what it will be like. 

Better hope the economy is in good shape and the various factions all believe they have something left to believe in. Cuz I can see a country in a recession and lots more volatility on what will actually keep people in check.

To say 2020 is going to be up to 11 is an understatement. Two sides, with two truths, with two news outlets, I mean what could go wrong? Who believes what.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Is he looking for credit?

Is that a riddle?  “This dope was unknown until he met me.  His nickname means ‘taking for free.’  11 days lasted he.  Dope hired by a dope - who could it be?”  

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 2

When trump loses in early nov 2020, I hope the President elect makes a statement to the govt workers and military to push back on any trump lame duck orders and be prepared to reverse all of them on Inauguration Day.  It might be impossible to stop trump from some truly crazy orders in those 2.5 months but he can be slowed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When trump loses in early nov 2020, I hope the President elect makes a statement to the govt workers and military to push back on any trump lame duck orders and be prepared to reverse all of them on Inauguration Day.  It might be impossible to stop trump from some truly crazy orders in those 2.5 months but he can be slowed.

Nobody pays attention to his “orders” now.