Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

23 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Beto would kill it...but I doubt the mainstream Dem party would want to elevate him like that. 

He's not an office holder. There's no way they'd let him give the rebuttal. To do so would be seen as a campaign event. Maybe scratch "seen as." 

22 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Ginning up a fake emergency to own the libs.

There must be something big about to drop elsewhere.  I've never seen this administration go all out this much to suck up ALL the media oxygen, and that's saying something.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

WTF about the comment that the networks are making money by showing Trump?  The ratings produce $0 in ad revenue.  The networks do nothing but lose money by showing presidential tv appearances.   Most people turn away from these speeches.   And people that are really into the speeches are most likely watching it via their favorite cable news channel.

12 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

This is the new taking point they are using now that their 4,000 terrorists claim was thoroughly debunked. Here is VP Pence making the same claim but offering numbers. I expect these will be shown to be misleading as well.

Pretty telling when the VP is asked whether people should trust the President to tell the truth, the main response is that the American people are not worried about hearing the truth.

34 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

There should be a MST3000 response.

That is a brilliant idea.  Mockery is the only fair way to respond to Trump at this point.  And it is the only effective way to undermine his support.  Expose him as a fool and treat him as the schmuck he is.  Fuck all this ceremonial respect for the office bullshit.  All that does is give Trump credibility with the rubes.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bolverk said:

Address the data in the chart.

16 hours ago, achooloco said:

Narrator..  he’s not

15 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Chrispy troll! You are dishonoring your heritage and your grandfather with such salty sailor language and foul talk. Try to be better old chap. Bless your heart. 

15 hours ago, achooloco said:

Hahaha. Negged by crispy for accurately  calling him full of shit. But I’ll try to be civil; in order to have a discussion with him one needs to dumb it down since he can be so sensitive.

So unless you back it up, your belief in a liar is proof enough anything you say is a lie. Come on, @Crispy let’s see that genealogical Paystub...

13 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I can't ignore him -- I read and neg. I am sick of his stupid posts and that stupid avatar of a nerd who was also a rapist. 

There you have it. 

8 hours ago, Atx71 said:

I have been "away" for a couple of years so sorry for being so behind on shit and this is the first thread I clicked on......but are you like the new Swam but richer?  

Sorry for the negs fellas, but you quoted the troll.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Sorry for the negs fellas, but you quoted the troll.

Yeah, I hadn't seen your threat until after I quoted him. Hence my edit to delete the actual quoted text, but whatevs. No biggie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This is a mistake IMO.  Both may understand how business gets done in Washington but neither are great public speakers.

i don't necessarily agree or disagree with your take here. i think a response will be warranted. and pelosi and schumer showing a united front (especially given their baiting trump into voluntarily owning the shutdown), but they lack a killer instinct. they'll just slap trump about the face a little bit instead of giving him the necessary right cross/upper cut combo.

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

This is a mistake IMO.  Both may understand how business gets done in Washington but neither are great public speakers.

Pelosi by herself would be fine. They should know better than to ever put Schumer in front of a camera.

23 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Pelosi by herself would be fine. They should know better than to ever put Schumer in front of a camera.

What, you mean a condescending grandpa with his glasses on the end of his nose ISN'T going to resonate with the american people??

• Like 2

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
7 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Then call me crazy, but it's not an emergency if you can't decide if it's an emergency or not. 
The best people. 

Wait, i thought he was doing this address at the border?

so did i, but i guess he's doing it from the oval office.

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
10 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Then call me crazy, but it's not an emergency if you can't decide if it's an emergency or not. 
The best people. 

Wait, i thought he was doing this address at the border?

Seems like he's traveling to McAllen on Thursday, so it looks like the address tonight will be from the Oval. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

They don’t have much of a choice. The rebuttal must be given by a Democratic LEADER in Congress.The rebuttal cannot be someone about to run for POTUS.  Nancy and Chuck are not great at public speaking but putting Joe Kennedy out there wouldn’t cut it.  

Personally I’d love to see AOC do it but that’s the troll in me talking.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They don’t have much of a choice. The rebuttal must be given by a Democratic LEADER in Congress.The rebuttal cannot be someone about to run for POTUS.  Nancy and Chuck are not great at public speaking but putting Joe Kennedy out there wouldn’t cut it.  

AOC would be a trainwreck.  Steny would be preferable to both and that's scary or even Durbin.  Swalwell would be very good but he announced a run for 2020. which was foolish, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yep.  Pelosi and Schumer don't want to turn tonight into an unofficial endorsement of a 2020 Dem Prez candidate.    Whether they are liked or hated, they are both the current Dem leaders until we get closer to the 2020 election.

6 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Nielsen kinda gets lost in the shuffle, but she's up there with Miller in the pure-fucking-evil category.

I used to think she was swinging well above her weight class, and she knew it and was gonna ride the gravy train as long as she could.  

But she’s shown that she’s just as bad, if not worse, than the others.  She’s had ample opportunity to bail, and she knows what’s going on more than most.