Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

So, he really didn't want to give an address tonight, and he doesn't want to go to the border on Thursday:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/08/us/politics/donald-trump-speech.html

Yet privately, Mr. Trump dismissed his own new strategy as pointless. In an off-the-record lunch with television anchors hours before the address, he made clear in blunt terms that he was not inclined to give the speech or go to Texas, but was talked into it by advisers, according to two people briefed on the discussion who asked not to be identified sharing details.

“It’s not going to change a damn thing, but I’m still doing it,” Mr. Trump said of the trip to the border, according to one of the people, who was in the room. The border trip was just a photo opportunity, he said. “But,” he added, gesturing at his communications aides, Bill Shine, Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Kellyanne Conway, “these people behind you say it’s worth it.”

Edited by Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

So I missed asshole's speech.  Who can sum it up?  Rep awaits.  Thanks you bastards...

"Hello my fellow Americans.............I am very awkward when trying to read from a TelePrompTer. Please ignore my slurred speech, pursed lips, orange glow and weird hair. Realize that I've had two years to get funding for control of the border, where we haven't really brought any new information on why there is a crisis, but that's besides the point. Now that the Evil Empire controls the House I'm going to manufacture a crisis to take away the media attention from the stink that surrounds and extrudes for me. Thank you and good night..................LIVE FROM NEW YORK.......IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

Trump speeches just aren’t the same if he doesn’t have a crowd of America’s dimmest and most hateful cheering him on.  Very low energy tonight. 

That's part of the reason I didn't watch...seeing the rubes is entertaining and a main draw to his televised rallies.  It's really funny knowing they're all happily voting against their own interests.   

Tangent about our govt workers who aren’t gonna get a paycheck this week:

Traveled today through ABIA. TSA was fully staffed and...I did something I’ve never done before - I got distracted and left my laptop at the checkpoint. I realized when I was already on my flight. Called my office and had my secretary call TSA and track it down. They had it by mid afternoon, and said I could come get it between 8 am and 8 pm. Problem: my return flight didn’t land till 8:15.

I landed and decided to run by the TSA office at 8:20 just to give it a shot. As I walk up, a woman on her phone outside asked “may I help you?” Yes, is the lost and found open? “You here for a laptop? Your secretary called.” She stayed late to wait for me to come get my laptop (that is, to fix MY screwup). And she won’t be getting a paycheck. Had to give props to one of the lazy govt leeches the GOP has such good feelings for.

Did you at least slip her a Jackson for her troubles?

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Traveled today through ABIA. TSA was fully staffed and...I did something I’ve never done before - I got distracted and left my laptop at the checkpoint. I realized when I was already on my flight. Called my office and had my secretary call TSA and track it down. They had it by mid afternoon, and said I could come get it between 8 am and 8 pm. Problem: my return flight didn’t land till 8:15.

I landed and decided to run by the TSA office at 8:20 just to give it a shot. As I walk up, a woman on her phone outside asked “may I help you?” Yes, is the lost and found open? “You here for a laptop? Your secretary called.” She stayed late to wait for me to come get my laptop (that is, to fix MY screwup). And she won’t be getting a paycheck. Had to give props to one of the lazy govt leeches the GOP has such good feelings for.

Sounds like somebody needs to invest in pre-check.  But I'll say by and large the TSA team in Austin is pretty solid.  They got me through security today in about 2 minutes.

Sounds like somebody needs to invest in pre-check.  But I'll say by and large the TSA team in Austin is pretty solid.  They got me through security today in about 2 minutes.

Signed up for global entry a few weeks ago....of course, that’s not being processed right now...

Dammit....
I’m a fucking asshole.
To be fair, I really wasn’t on my game at any point today except for the crucial 10 minute client presentation.

You might consider sending a nice letter on your letterhead to the manager for her office to commend her on her diligence. Just a thought. That sort of thing could help her out too.
  • Like 6

What else is she gonna do? She was already evicted and probably sleeps at the airport. Whore should pay us rent. /gop
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Signed up for global entry a few weeks ago....of course, that’s not being processed right now...

I got Clear in LA at Christmas.  Saved my ass in Atlanta coming back from the Peach Bowl.   Scowls as I went to the head of the line was awesome.

color me surprised that brisket is a) not TSA-precheck and b) would leave a laptop as he was distracted putting back on his belt and SAS loafers.

I’m A-list, so I get through plenty quick usually. Didn’t take off my belt. And man...those loafers look COMFY. I’m not old-man enough yet, but Goddamit, I’m thinkin’ bout it. The Velcro kind, of course.
Got distracted by a phone call I had to take. Pretty pissed at myself anyway.

I can just see the folks in the Whitehouse saying how well the speech went! You nailed it sir!!! I can hear Sarah gushing...

A speech, especially from the Oval office is supposed to paint a picture and present a passionate message.  What we got was a speech so stilted and emotionless that you would be lucky if you got a C, if it was an oral presentation as a college freshman.  I guess the best way to sum up my impression was I sort of thought of some of the shitty professors I had that were just boring as hell.  Be honest, if you were evaluating teachers and Trump was a possible prof and you saw that speech?  Who here would sign up for Professor Trump's class?  I am not even addressing the content of the speech just the horrific delivery.

If that was the trial balloon for support for his declaration of a Natonal Emergency by creating an elevated sense of crisis, he shit the fucking bed.  Think of the GOP Senators and Congressmen and soldiers, and Trump as their General.  Do you think any of the high IQ soldiers would feel better about following the General into battle? Of course not!  

There are two actual crises right now. First is the one that Trump cares about, and that crisis is that the Dems took over Congress.  The other crisis that,that Trump does not care about, is that a ton of folks are going through financial hardship, and some even hunger,  just so Trump won't "look silly." 

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Dotard was dotard. Pure fear mongering.

Pelosi looked so ridiculous that I didn’t hear what she said.

Chuck did a good job.

52 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

So I missed asshole's speech.  Who can sum it up?  Rep awaits.  Thanks you bastards...

51 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Brown people are scary

Yes apparently brown people are kicking the living shit out of white people ala Clemson/Alabama.

• Like 1

Just now, horn4life said:

Their are two actual crises right now. First is the one that Trump cares about, and that crisis is that the Dems took over Congress.  The other crisis that,that Trump does not care about, is that a ton of folks are going through financial hardship, and some even hunger,  just so Trump won't "look silly." 

Both pale in comparison to the fact that the president of the United States has the intellectual capacity of an aggy cum rag.

• Like 2