Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

It's amazing how many of the fail-safes installed by the framers of the Constitution have actually failed.  

This.
You know what else has a shitload of failsafes? Airplanes.
You know what still crash from time to time, especially with an incompetent pilot/pilot intent on doing harm? Airplanes.
The titanic is unsinkable.
Modern jet aircraft don’t crash.
The USA can’t self-destruct.
Every one of those statements is the same, and is utterly false.

FBI Hostage negotiator has dealt with people like Trump before:

"People make their decision over what's the biggest loss," Voss says. "And, until he's really worried about the loss of his base, he's not going to make a deal."

A new CNN poll found Trump to be losing support among one of his key demographics: white Americans without college degrees. However, in December, Trump was seen as doubling down on the border wall issue due to its importance to the conservative right , including pundits like Ann Coulter.

Voss, founder and CEO of strategy consultancy Black Swan Group , previously told CNBC's "Power Lunch" that Trump is "an assertive, openly aggressive negotiator."

"He's actually the kind of negotiator that as a hostage negotiator I had to learn how to get the upper hand on, without making them mad, without making it worse," Voss said.

The problem with that style, according to Voss, is that "people get tired of dealing with them."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ex-fbi-hostage-negotiator-shutdown-134300649.html

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

It's amazing how many of the fail-safes installed by the framers of the Constitution have actually failed.  

What’s amazing is how much relied on the honor system and that it hasn’t failed before.  This is not the first time a party held the presidency and both houses of Congress, but it’s apparently the first time one of them said, “fuck it, let’s tear down 200 years of norms and precedents.”

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Goredho said:

This is not the first time a party held the presidency and both houses of Congress, but it’s apparently the first time one of them said, “fuck it, let’s tear down 200 years of norms and precedents.”

Letting unlimited, untraceable money into politics really helped accelerate things.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

They only wanted white land owners to vote. Assuming the educated would make better decisions.

They could have never imagined Fox Propaganda, Republican moral flexibility and I guess they never felt the need to add in provisions about Benedict Arnold running for office.

Setting race aside, isn't the education point reinforced by the composition of trump's base?

I think many Republicans want to dump him permanently because he’s unstable and makes their political calculations incredibly challenging.

They just need the right approval ratings circumstances and excuse to get away with it politically.  

Of course there are some like Rand and Lindsey that will ride the Trump train after he’s gone.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

He's going to start a war.  Even more unnecessary than Iraq in 2003.  Incredible.

The shutdown is not working out like he had hoped.  The Mueller stuff has him scared shitless. Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Arizona flipped two months ago, and he can’t win in 2020 without 3 of those flipping back.  

And he/Kushner like the Saudis.  

And he wouldn’t give a shit if a bunch of sailors died   Hell, he’d use their deaths to push his agenda.

So the Iran talk is very, very worrisome.  

Conspiring to corrupt justice?   So... I'm sure this means nothing.  I'm sure he'll be fine with Francine Graham curled up next to him and Yertle the Turtle running the Senate.  Still... dirty fuckers.  I can't wait for more dominos to fall.

Edited by 4Pete

I distinguish having a degree and being educated. Aggy doesn't cross the higher threshold.  

This. Going to college doesn’t make you smart. Many schools don’t teach critical thinking (cough aggy) and c’s get degrees. Every college, including the ivy leagues, pumps out a healthy share of morons every year.

Is it finally over? Please????

1) “fake news.”
2) “biased Mueller witch hunt, 17 crooked Dems”
3) not one GOP Senator will vote to convict. Not. One. And you know it’s true.

You know that nothing matters. All that remains is to see exactly how much clear evidence and clear criminal behavior will not matter. But zero will always equal zero.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1) “fake news.”
2) “biased Mueller witch hunt, 17 crooked Dems”

You know that nothing matters. All that remains is to see exactly how much clear evidence and clear criminal behavior will not matter. But zero will always equal zero.

I get it, but there has to be a tipping point right? Republicans turned on Steve King the other day after ignoring his shit for years. At some point they'll have no choice but to turn on Trump too.

Oh who am I kidding.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You know that nothing matters...

I just said these exact two things.  He's Teflon Don.  And he's got Mitch the Bitch in his size 48 waist trouser pockets.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The only war Trump is going to start is a civil war.

Pay no attention to the Iran shit.  It’s just saber rattling.

If this idiot sees the impeachment train rolling down the tracks and believes in his addled mind that starting a new foreign war is a way to ensure his survival he will attempt to do it.

Everything he does is about himself and his own survival. He does not care about anyone outside of Ivanka. He'd sacrifice the rest of his kids and the entirety of our country if it meant the two of them would survive.

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

If this idiot sees the impeachment train rolling down the tracks and believes in his addled mind that starting a new foreign war is a way to ensure his survival he will attempt to do it.

Everything he does is about himself and his own survival. He does not care about anyone outside of Ivanka. He'd sacrifice the rest of his kids and the entirety of our country if it meant the two of them would survive.

A foreign war isn’t the political tool it once was... This country is sick of that shit and will not rally to support Trump in that endeavor, it will turn on him harder

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

he cares abour Baron