Congrats Garrett Gilbert - Signed as backup QB for Cleveland Browns

immamac

I think if you're on an opening day roster for 5 seasons in the NFL, you earn your pension. Not sure if practice rosters are included on that plan.

The point is, it's been a great way for him to earn coin. He's forever the best player in the AAF, and he'll be able to recognize his grandkids in 30 years.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Baker being replaced by Gilbert would be hilarious 

In the Super Bowl. When Baker gets hurt. Gilbert throws 3 second half TDs and wins MVP. 

Texas fans are washed away by a tsunami of conflicting emotions. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

I think if you're on an opening day roster for 5 seasons in the NFL, you earn your pension. Not sure if practice rosters are included on that plan.

The point is, it's been a great way for him to earn coin. He's forever the best player in the AAF, and he'll be able to recognize his grandkids in 30 years.

3 seasons. Don’t believe practice squad counts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

In the Super Bowl. When Baker gets hurt. Gilbert throws 3 second half TDs and wins MVP. 

Texas fans are washed away by a tsunami of conflicting emotions. 

actually he will be blindsided sacked fumble and lose the superbowl

too soon?

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Idk exactly how that works but I'm an accountant with a client who didn't even make it past his 1st year in the league and he gets a massive pension so I'm sure Garrett Gilbert has got that locked down now. He's probably made some decent enough money through the league

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

You sure?  His vision was already bad when he was 19.

Idk exactly how that works but I'm an accountant with a client who didn't even make it past his 1st year in the league and he gets a massive pension so I'm sure Garrett Gilbert has got that locked down now. He's probably made some decent enough money through the league

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nope and Nope

NFL pensions come after 3 credited seasons. To get credit for a season, a player has to be on the game roster for 3 games...

Can't get the pension until 55...

Number of years x ~5k = monthly pension amount (since 1998, for players before that, it's something between 3k-4.5k times # of years = monthly payment)

1 season won't get a pension. He may have a settlement or insurance policy of some sort.

There's also a 401k and some other annuity thing they offer... You can find it all on the Google.

Squints has ONE credited season - 2017. He's only been on practice squads in other years and was on the roster for 1 game in 2018, so 2018 didn't count.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It's hard to pick a favorite Texas-Nebraska moment, but I gotta admit, that one had me laughing harder than most.

And that was Nebraska’s big revenge game and still lost to a horrible Texas team at home.  The cunts.

22 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

LOL! I was 100% in favor of Mack Brown's decision to move back to a pro-style offense, because I actually disliked our '08 & '09 offenses. But in hindsight, knowing what I know now about college & Texas High School Football offenses, I would choose the hiring Chad Morris as OC option in a heartbeat over either moving back to a pro-style offense or continuing Greg Davis' version of the spread.

• 4 months later...
On 4/5/2019 at 2:33 PM, GoldAppleCorps said:

Don't you need to have your eyes open to see what someone looks like?

On 4/6/2019 at 6:58 PM, TheMailBox357 said:

LOL! I was 100% in favor of Mack Brown's decision to move back to a pro-style offense, because I actually disliked our '08 & '09 offenses. But in hindsight, knowing what I know now about college & Texas High School Football offenses, I would choose the hiring Chad Morris as OC option in a heartbeat over either moving back to a pro-style offense or continuing Greg Davis' version of the spread.

Are you fucking high? Those were the only years the offense worked as intended, save for Colt getting stuck in the MNC and not being able to play again that day.

• Like 1

Meh, it was dink and dunk bullshit with barely any throws downfield to get teams out of 10 yard deep umbrella coverage and it required the most accurate qb in the country to make it work.  It was pretty good when we had quan and ship and then regressed badly with only ship.  Like most of the offenses under mack and gdgd, it should have been better with the talent on hand.

Lol at replying to your own post

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looked pretty good in the game.  Ran the offense well and got 177 passing yards.  Definitely took a step to be the #2.  With Ballerina Mayfield lobbying for his LT buddy, and the fact that the other 2 backups didn't look too good, I'd say he's in a great spot to be on the Browns now.

Hope he makes it.