If Vince had been tackled at the 1 yard line

Michael Knight

1 minute ago, Ignatius said:

If Lendale White had picked up the first on 4th down,  we’d all be forever talking about the play before where he fumbled it right to Steve Smith. As it stands, nobody talks about it cuz it didn’t fucking matter...

what the hell was Smith doing in there anyway?

So bottom line is this program used to make when plays needed to be made.

And now, this program makes excuses when excuses need to be made.  

But "We're Texas", the Uncle Fucking Rico of blue chip programs.  

2 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

I know I wouldn’t have been hammered drunk and fucked Sarah from the hooters in Pensacola in a university of west Florida dorm room if we hadn’t won. She later tried to become a playboy model but failed miserably and enjoyed her life as a hooters girl. So yes my life would have been different

Pics aren't showing up for some reason.  

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

If Lendale White had picked up the first on 4th down,  we’d all be forever talking about the play before where he fumbled it right to Steve Smith. As it stands, nobody talks about it cuz it didn’t fucking matter...

What if Carroll actually kept the Heisman winner on the field for that 4th down? I think this was mentioned when they did the 30 for 30 of this game and interviewed the players. It was ridiculous he was not out there even if you didn't plan on using him. That would be like Texas having Ricky Williams sidelined for the biggest play of the year on a 4th and short yardage. You have to account for Bush out there no matter what.

Also, what if Chung held onto the pretty easy pick on the very next drive? What if that late hit doesn't happen to give us the 1st down? It would have been 4th down and like 10? So many what ifs in that game. Especially Bush lateraling the ball in the 1st qtr like a dumb ass and we got the ball back. They could have easily went up 14-0 and who knows what happens from there. What if we don't fumble the punt after making USC go 3 and out and getting the ball back with great field position. It was a fucking classic game.

37 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

What if Carroll actually kept the Heisman winner on the field for that 4th down? I think this was mentioned when they did the 30 for 30 of this game and interviewed the players. It was ridiculous he was not out there even if you didn't plan on using him. That would be like Texas having Ricky Williams sidelined for the biggest play of the year on a 4th and short yardage. You have to account for Bush out there no matter what.

Also, what if Chung held onto the pretty easy pick on the very next drive? What if that late hit doesn't happen to give us the 1st down? It would have been 4th down and like 10? So many what ifs in that game. Especially Bush lateraling the ball in the 1st qtr like a dumb ass and we got the ball back. They could have easily went up 14-0 and who knows what happens from there. What if we don't fumble the punt after making USC go 3 and out and getting the ball back with great field position. It was a fucking classic game.

And what if they had called Vince’s knee down on the pitch?  Maybe you and Lobo can go discuss these things and you can listen to him talk about his kids while you’re at it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Having Bush out there wouldn't have changed a single damn thing. All it would have done is removed a blocker for the Trojans. White was their short yardage back and everyone knew it. 

• Like 1

Ahhh, sublime, profane speculation; thy name is Surly.  Scanning through such excellent bickering among philosophers who just happen to be Longhorns fans is much more pleasing than getting ready for work.  I cheered with gusto when Vince scored, by the way, in my Alabama dirt floor hovel with faded images of Bryant, Wallace and Jesus hanging askew on the wood paneling.  Had he not scored, I would have cursed loudly and disturbed my sweet sleeping wife.  Long live Surly, its successors and assigns.

Edited by Bama Llama
  • Like 1

No. It would be absolutely nothing like keeping Ricky off the field in a short yardage situation.

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I am pretty sure Okam concussed White a play or two before he got stuffed. White seemed woozy when he got up, and Carroll was pacing the sidelines, looking at the ground like he always does, and didn't notice. White seemed shaky the rest of the game. 

14 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Oh we're playing this game...

Bill Buckner

Steve Bartman

Scott Norwood

The Bartman example always exemplifies the loserdom of Cubs World. To wit:

The incident occurred in the eighth inning of Game 6 of the National League Championship Series (NLCS), with Chicago leading 3–0 and holding a three games to two lead in the best-of-seven series. Marlins batter Luis Castillo hit a fly ball into foul territory in left field. Cubs outfielder Moisés Alou pursued the ball and leapt near the fence in an attempt to make the catch. Along with other spectators seated against the wall, Cubs fan Steve Bartman reached for the ball, but he deflected it, disrupting Alou's potential catch. If Alou had caught the ball, it would have been the second out in the inning, and the Cubs would have been just four outs away from winning their first National League pennant since 1945. The Cubs ultimately allowed eight runs in the inning, and lost the game 8–3. When they were eliminated in Game 7 the next day, the incident was seen as the "first domino" to fall in affecting the series's outcome.[1]

Blaming the choke job on Bartman is loser city supreme. He gave the losers an excuse to lose and they lapped it up. 

thehustler_c_scott_newman1.jpg?w=640

Eddie, you're a born loser.

15 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Would your life be any different today? Unless your name is Quan Cosby or Colt Mccoy Texas beating OSU should not in in the top 10 greatest events in your life. We watch sports for recreation to amuse ourselves if you will.

So take a step back from the ledge and literally fuck your own face. 

You're on a sports message board...  Telling people to literally fuck their own faces...  For taking sports too seriously...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh, my favorite posts on Surly. The one were someone shows up and tells everyone definitively how they should fucking feel about any fucking thing in particular. I'm not sure what is more stupidly mystifying, a guy showing up at an NRA rally to tell them guns are bad and they should feel bad, or the hubris involved to think they're actually going to change people's minds and lizard brain emotional connections to their points of view. 

But hey, let me show up on a rabid football board to tell all you motherfuckers exactly what is what about how you feel.  

15 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Would your life be any different today? Unless your name is Quan Cosby or Colt Mccoy Texas beating OSU should not in in the top 10 greatest events in your life. We watch sports for recreation to amuse ourselves if you will.

Fun

tumblr_pd04zwPI6G1unfdido1_400.gifv

No fun

rope-swing-fail-124419.gif

Both are recreation. Are you suggesting the girl can't say that her leg hurts and that it sucks to be her after that experience? Maybe her hip hurts till this day.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

source.gif

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

V7Wv5MI.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

Fun

tumblr_pd04zwPI6G1unfdido1_400.gifv

No fun

rope-swing-fail-124419.gif

Both are recreation. Are you suggesting the girl can't say that her leg hurts and that it sucks to be her after that experience? Maybe her hip hurts till this day.

What if there had been no loop at the bottom of the rope swing. How different would our lives have been?

• Like 1

Having Bush out there wouldn't have changed a single damn thing. All it would have done is removed a blocker for the Trojans. White was their short yardage back and everyone knew it. 

Totally disagree. White gashed us up the gut all game long for 150+ because we had to have players on the edge to account for Bush.

On the fourth down play that would’ve won the game for USC, Bush is standing on the sidelines next to Carroll and White is in single back formation. Everyone in the country new White was going to get the ball. We had 10 guys crowding the line of scrimmage. He never had a chance.

Carroll was a moron.