Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

Not worth it's own thread, but good for opposite day here.  Yes, the commercial is worth a view:

Bert Rodriguez’s company Visual Presentations, based in Dallas, produced the series, with Rodriguez himself acting as director. The campaign features a truck driver named C. W. McCall, played by Dallas actor Jim Finlayson, and a waitress named Mavis Davis, played by Dallas actress Jean McBride Capps.

Edited by clapclapclap
pair of fried eggs
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Wow, Taco Bell. I didn't think it was possible to make the idea of Asian lesbians unappealing, but you did it. Great job!

Haha watching the Twolves game? I literally came here to post this. This was the precursor to two girls one cup I believe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/12/2022 at 10:07 PM, HornOnTheBayou said:

Wow, Taco Bell. I didn't think it was possible to make the idea of Asian lesbians in bed with each other unappealing, but you did it. Great job!

I fucking hate the style of glasses that the one girl is wearing. Just totally stupid looking. 

A colleague of mine (30ish female) showed up wearing those once and my opinion of her character plummeted. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

The Sonic kitchen commercials. That chirpy hyper happy voice in a slamming kitchen. “Adding cheese!” “Cake batter going in!” “Order up!”

That shit ain’t right. I want to reach through the tv and strangle the dude with a bucket of chili cheese tots.

It doesn't irritate me but I chuckle at the concept. Should be way more "uhhh ay bruh where the fuck the cookie dough pieces at?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, DougO said:

That travel commercial with that guy seems non-ragey enough until they start that shitty song at the end "I'd go the whole wide world! I'd go the whole wide world!..."

And I was just thinking what a glorious time we live in when I can hear Wreckless Eric and Sparks in commercials..

On 4/28/2022 at 9:25 PM, UTCzech III said:

And I was just thinking what a glorious time we live in when I can hear Wreckless Eric and Sparks in commercials..

I'm with @DougO that first song is grating once you've heard that ad multiple times but dear fucking God that 2nd song is atrocious. Pretty sure the amount of drugs I'd need for that to be listenable would kill me. 

Edited by ztejas

On 4/28/2022 at 9:57 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

"Arby's. We got the meats."

Arby's is now selling wings...how many times have they tried to reinvent themselves? There's one 5 minutes from me and I can't remember the last time I saw more than 5 cars there. No idea how they stay open

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Arby's is now selling wings...how many times have they tried to reinvent themselves? There's one 5 minutes from me and I can't remember the last time I saw more than 5 cars there. No idea how they stay open

I like Arby’s when I eat there. However I rarely eat at one since there is not one on my usual driving path nor close to my house. I do eat at the one in the ATL airport if I am in a hurry.

"do you think any of us will look back at our lives and regret the things we didn't buy?"

uh, yeah, i do think that. almost universally. i wish i'd had that insurance; wish i'd had that dash cam; wish i'd bought that amazon stock when it was an online bookstore. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2022 at 12:03 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

9e2304a4-3301-486e-80fb-95550ff0ce38_tex

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1