Shane Buechele

Machinator

Since I guess this is the "Tell me about SMU" thread,

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-mustangs/2019/09/17/did-tcu-s-gary-patterson-throw-smu-a-top-25-vote-ahead-of-its-annual-rivalry-game/

Did TCU's Gary Patterson throw SMU a Top 25 vote ahead of its annual rivalry game?

Only one coach that SMU played so far has a vote, but Gary Patterson does, too.

#beatfrog

It's amazing how old Shane is and still never  seemed to put on an ounce of muscle. I understand he's not built like Sam and was never really a big kid, but damn he still looks flimsy. I always hoped he'd put on some weight like Colt did when he was here, I see it never came. But anyway, glad he's doing well, hope he plays at least decent against the best defense he'll probably face this year.

45 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

It's amazing how old Shane is and still never  seemed to put on an ounce of muscle. I understand he's not built like Sam and was never really a big kid, but damn he still looks flimsy. I always hoped he'd put on some weight like Colt did when he was here, I see it never came. But anyway, glad he's doing well, hope he plays at least decent against the best defense he'll probably face this year.

Some men are born a Colt... 

Some men are born a Case... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dude could have had a shitty attitude when Sam was named the starter; he could have announced an immediate transfer and saved a year of eligibility.  Instead he manned up, played the season, got his degree from UT, and then made the choice for playing time.  Dude is a lifetime Longhorn, even if his playing career didn’t end here....

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Dude could have had a shitty attitude when Sam was named the starter; he could have announced an immediate transfer and saved a year of eligibility.  Instead he manned up, played the season, got his degree from UT, and then made the choice for playing time.  Dude is a lifetime Longhorn, even if his playing career didn’t end here....

he redshirted last year

• Like 1

Connelly rates Boo the fourth-best QB transfer for the 2019 season to date.

4. Shane Buechele (SMU)

Offensive SP+ rating: 35.0 (27th)
Total QBR: 73.5 (27th)
Passing stats: 88-for-132 (67%), 1,159 yards, 7 TD, 4 INT (8.0 ANY/A, 73.5 Total QBR)
Rushing stats: 15 carries, 89 yards (5.9), 1 TD

After a mediocre first season under Sonny Dykes, SMU came into 2019 with minimal expectations. My SP+ ratings had them 91st overall and 91st on offense, with just a 51% chance of reaching bowl eligibility.

Now? Following the Mustangs' upset of TCU on Saturday, they have a 100% chance of bowl eligibility, and they're up to 43rd in SP+ and 27th on offense. Buechele has been the primary reason for the surge. He threw for 288 yards against what was looking like one of Gary Patterson's best Horned Frog defenses. It might not be hard to see why Texas' Tom Herman eventually chose Sam Ehlinger over Buechele, but the junior has plenty to offer.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27678271/ranking-every-2019-transfer-qb-led-jalen-hurts-justin-fields

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Absolutely.  He deserves credit the same way Swoopes does.  They both must have been heartbroken, but they were men about it and chipped in for us when called on.

• Like 1

Something tells me his smoking hot cheerleader girlfriend who had yet to graduate had something to do with it.

25 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Absolutely.  He deserves credit the same way Swoopes does.  They both must have been heartbroken, but they were men about it and chipped in for us when called on.

Same goes for Heard. He handled the switch to WR gracefully and stuck around through the dumpster fire Charlie Strong years.

• Like 2

• Machinator changed the title to Shane Buechele