Who impressed you the most tonight?

TexArcher

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

The whole team effort was incredible last night.  Looking at it the opposite way, there didn't appear to be any holes in our game last night (first game tackling will have to improve, but it will).

CB opposite Jalen Green is a giant hole.

32 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Ossai, Chris Brown, Ingram, Duvernay obviously stood out. 

The offensive line looked fantastic. Braun was straight murdering the guy he was lined up against. Sam had basically no pressure the entire game. 

This.  I was also impressed with Sam not attempting to get himself killed.  He played smart.  I expect he may take some more risks next week if necessary but we need him healthy.

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

The whole team effort was incredible last night.  Looking at it the opposite way, there didn't appear to be any holes in our game last night (first game tackling will have to improve, but it will).

Rewatching it last night Dele did not have a good game. I’ll have to see how Mitchell did when he was in. 

13 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

Rewatching it last night Dele did not have a good game. I’ll have to see how Mitchell did when he was in. 

Yeah. On that third down run where we ended up recovering the fumble, Dele had a clean look  at the RB and completely failed to wrap up. A guy with his limited mobility can not be missing tackles like that.

I’d definitely rather have Overshown on the field instead of Dele.

I was really impressed with the “team” mentality, more so than any individual performance. One of several examples is Eagles looking like a complete stud, yet instead of showboating he runs to celebrate the guys who allowed those plays to develop. 

It looked to me like the players who score touchdowns are required to go find the oline to celebrate with. I like it.

Seems like Sam didn’t try and force many balls in to terribly tight windows. When he did, on one that I recall, it resulted in a TD to Collin. Duvernay is a baller and is the offensive MVP (OLine is better than last year too).

Chris Brown is a fucking dog. Wish Caden would have had the second half off. He tackled very well along with Brandon Jones. Biggest concern is depth at RB and corner opposite jalen green.

1). The  O-line.    Much better in the pass protection packages, save a few times.   Will get better as the season progresses.  

2) Eagles-   We got three  solid bad assess who can catch the ball.  Just where we left off last year. 

3) Ingram-  His success will inch up in part thanks to the improvement with the O-line

4) D-line.     I like the attitude...   Needs to catch on with the secondary.  

9 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I'll go with Ingram: 11 carries for 78 yards and a score, plus 3 catches for 43 yards.  And he had to make something out of nothing on several of those runs.

When Ingram stops making something easy into something harder he's going to be really good.

• Like 1

Braun stepping in and playing great from the first snap was a very welcome addition. It's a shame we were having to protect using our backfield too much because with this line it seems like we should be able to rush for 200 at will. 

Ingram looks like a fucking beast. Sam will be a Heisman contender all season (whether you care about the award or not). His understanding of what we need and when seems to have improved leaps and bounds from last season already. 

Gold sticker goes to RoJo though. He might have a future at RB on this team. 

• Like 1

Internet went out before the KO after our second TD, didn't come back until after the game... had to follow with scoreboard app. But, from the Q1 that I did get to see, the offense was damn good, and DevDuv was outstanding. Sam was Sam - Heisman watch is accurate. OL is legit, finally. WR room is fucking stacked, no doubt about it. The Defense is a work in progress, and unless we were holding back, LSU is going to be a problem, and our O is going to have to win that game for us. Fortunately, it looks like it can. 

Since I saw only Q1 and the first two minutes of Q2, I can't say much more, except that seeing a box score where we lost the fourth quarter again gives a less-than warm and fuzzy feeling. The fact that we were up 38-0 before that happened counters that nicely, and it is gruntling to see that we did manage to get our backup QB in the game.

Next week is pudding-proving time. Looking forward to seeing it.

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Since I saw only Q1 and the first two minutes of Q2, I can't say much more, except that seeing a box score where we lost the fourth quarter again gives a less-than warm and fuzzy feeling. The fact that we were up 38-0 before that happened counters that nicely, and it is gruntling to see that we did manage to get our backup QB in the game.

Herman pulled many of the starters after the 3rd quarter. The 4th quarter should have been advantage Texas but for a shitty roughing the passer call.

• Like 1

This was a perfect first game. It was a blowout with plenty of mistakes that the coaches can harp on.

It's also nice to not have to rationalize areas of poor performance. For like 10 years, the OL would struggle against a less-than-stellar d-line and then we'd hear about how well coached the other unit was or how they were really better than you'd expect for Rice, or Wyoming, or whoever. Our d-line would get gashed and we'd hear that these were just minor run-fit issues or that the no-name running back was sneaky good. There was none of that this game. Folks can rightfully point out that LA Tech is a decent team with some legitimately good players who didn't really do much against us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, futureman said:

sweat was pretty impressive, playing well in the trenches as a true freshman in week 1. 

Yes. A play was stuffed in the middle. Had to run it back to see what happened. All I saw was a big 93 taking on what looked like three ol and making the play. Had to look up the number. Mr Sweat is a man.

4 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

When Ingram stops making something easy into something harder he's going to be really good.

Roschon seemed much quicker to make a decision on which hole to hit and immediately accelerated through it. Ingram seems a little slow at times to see what has opened up as opposed to what he was expecting. But, I’ve actually noticed this about all our backs over the past few years and it makes me think it’s coaching. Maybe Roschon hasn’t been influenced by it yet? There’s a fine line between patience and the necessity to blast the open hole while it’s available (insert mom joke here).

7 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

This was a perfect first game. It was a blowout with plenty of mistakes that the coaches can harp on.

It's also nice to not have to rationalize areas of poor performance. For like 10 years, the OL would struggle against a less-than-stellar d-line and then we'd hear about how well coached the other unit was or how they were really better than you'd expect for Rice, or Wyoming, or whoever. Our d-line would get gashed and we'd hear that these were just minor run-fit issues or that the no-name running back was sneaky good. There was none of that this game. Folks can rightfully point out that LA Tech is a decent team with some legitimately good players who didn't really do much against us.

That was kind of how I felt.   We looked good in a lot of areas but not bad in any.   My biggest concern is mainly depth.   Especially at RB.   Duh, right?

5 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Roschon seemed much quicker to make a decision on which hole to hit and immediately accelerated through it. Ingram seems a little slow at times to see what has opened up as opposed to what he was expecting. But, I’ve actually noticed this about all our backs over the past few years and it makes me think it’s coaching. Maybe Roschon hasn’t been influenced by it yet? There’s a fine line between patience and the necessity to blast the open hole while it’s available (insert mom joke here).

It's not coaching, Herman's been talking about Ingram's lack of patience since he got here and talked about it again in last night's presser, there's no doubt they're working on it.