Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

22 minutes ago, Caddox said:

This is correct. Herman wont get canned until Meyer makes a decision. If Meyer says yes before our game, Herman will get canned either Saturday afternoon or Sunday evening. If Meyer says yes after our game, Herman will get canned immediately. All of this was communicated to Meyer a while ago, it plays absolutely zero factor in Meyer's decision. 

If the game gets canceled, would Herman also be fired immediately?

8 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'll add on that Nick Saban and Bob Stoops are both considerably richer than Meyer.  Your points about different tiers of wealth and what they mean are spot on but don't discount the ego involved.  Stoops and Saban (shitty real estate deals nothwithstanding) are easily worth five times what Meyer is.   

I was only talking money, now ego... go check a list of the greatest coaches of all time.  Saban is top 5.  Stoops and Meyer are top 50.  I'm not saying what's true or untrue, just what the "lists say" and ego comes in for a guy like Meyer and he can be remembered forever as one of they top 10 coaches of all time if he makes a dynasty run here in Austin.  Money is one thing, and the ego is another and both of those make it a nobrainer (sorry no pun intended).

18 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

In case this means something other than what we've already established.

Squid saying Urban left the "Horseshoe at night" got on a plane flew to Austin, then flew back to the "Horseshoe at night (in Columbus where no one ever beats tOSU), he is going to the beach to catch some waves, play a little golf, pray to 6 lb. 8 oz. Baby Jesus that he is making the right decision, he will end up being the Longhorns' coach....Squid said.

It's actually pretty easy, even without an Egyptology class.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Are they supposed to represent Horseshoes? As in Horseshoe Bay?

Or "U"s as in Urban?

He flew in, talked to Texas, agreed to come, is now going to the beach to play golf and then back here to coach? Maybe?

Columbus, Ohio. Ohio State's stadium is called the Horseshoe.

9 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I have no new info and likely wont until everything breaks, but I feel very good about the way things are trending. Our BMDs got together in Dallas to pass around the hat, and then members of our board met with Meyer in person? Thats straight up foreplay after the girl has been telling you she's horny and wants to fuck you. 

That's a big hat. 

TWSS 

1 minute ago, troph said:

I was only talking money, now ego... go check a list of the greatest coaches of all time.  Saban is top 5.  Stoops and Meyer are top 50.  I'm not saying what's true or untrue, just what the "lists say" and ego comes in for a guy like Meyer and he can be remembered forever as one of they top 10 coaches of all time if he makes a dynasty run here in Austin.  Money is one thing, and the ego is another and both of those make it a nobrainer (sorry no pun intended).

Meyer is a lot higher than Top 50.  His winning percentage only trails Rockne and Leahy.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

He's got a two day head-start on you, which is more than he needs. Meyer's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan. He speaks a dozen languages and knows every local custom. He'll blend in, disappear and you'll never see him again. With any luck he's got the Texas job already.

He's in with the Nazis?  Well, other than the Eyes, I can live with it.  At least he has an ethos.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

have no idea. but he's the first one on the thread to say "its done we got him".  If it doesn't happen we put him in the round room with fisterman and neg bomb him to orangebloods.  if it happens he can go down in lore with I'm pissed I'm stunned, its Mack Brown

I believe Xian, but tbf, Mr. Orange called it a while back.

26 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

In case this means something other than what we've already established.

Squid emoji = Urban. Magnet = direct contact with UT in some fashion or progression in negotiation/hiring process. Waves = Tampa. Golfer = Celebratory leisure activity. Skyline = LA. Hook 'Em = KSU game and/or announcement of Urban as HC. 

Herman loses to ISU --> bonafide contact with Urban is made re HC position --> series of plane flights with Urban and/or members of his immediate family and/or BMDs as passengers (ATX --> LA --> ATX --> COL (Shelley joins the gang) --> CINCY (Son joins the gang)) --> at some point during the span of days in which the flights were going on, Urban and UT come to agreement -->  Urban, Shelley, Son and some UT big wigs arriving in Tampa and enjoying some celebratory golf/leisure activities --> Urban goes back to LA for his show Saturday, while Shelley and Son head off to their weekend in the FL Keys --> ending of KSU game sparks the transition announcements that Urban is in.

Source: I speak squid. 

Edited by derpyhorndog
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

sorry, just a little punchy during coaching searches and lose my ability to be polite.  

I ended up eating a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch the other night while drinking wine and talking about burgers on this thread until nearly 1am.  these searches are hard on all of us, you'd think we'd be used to them by now.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

But Tampa has McDill Air Force Base, if we need him back in Austin, he can be here in an hour in an F-22 in supersonic super cruise without having to even use the afterburners. Long game.

CHIEF

MacDill is a heavy base, so hes flying on a KC135  

5 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Meyer is a lot higher than Top 50.  His winning percentage only trails Rockne and Leahy.  

I said I wasn't saying what's true or not.  go look at the media lists.  I was shocked seeing him no where hear the top ten GOAT college coaches on the first two lists I looked at.  I'm well aware of his winning percentage.  I'm not qualified to say who is the best and what not, and nor would he care.  But on the all time with Rockne, Bryant, Osborne, Switzer and Leahy, Heisman, McKay, Royal blah blah and on and on, he's surprisingly lower than we probably all think he should be.

Edited by troph

1 minute ago, troph said:

I said I wasn't saying what's true or not.  go look at the media lists.  I was shocked seeing him no where hear the top ten GOAT college coaches on the first two lists I looked at.  I'm well aware of his winning percentage.  I'm not qualified to say who is the best and what not, and nor would he care.  But on the all time with Rockne, Bryant, and Leahy, Heisman, McKay, Royal blah blah and on and on, he's surprisingly lower than we probably all think he should be.

First one I looked at, Sporting News, has him #8:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/cfb-150-top-10-college-football-coaches-of-all-time/1wzbv9trd2huj18za3axf2wvxg

9 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Squid saying Urban left the "Horseshoe at night" got on a plane flew to Austin, then flew back to the "Horseshoe at night (in Columbus where no one ever beats tOSU), he is going to the beach to catch some waves, play a little golf, pray to 6 lb. 8 oz. Baby Jesus that he is making the right decision, he will end up being the Longhorns' coach....Squid said.

It's actually pretty easy, even without an Egyptology class.

CHIEF

I bet you’re damn good at those alone Star bottle caps. 

5 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/CFB150coaches/the-150-greatest-coaches-college-football-150-year-history

he's also still under 200 wins so that probably impacts some lists as well.

Edited by troph

1 hour ago, pearlandhorn said:

@closetojumping may have been trolling but he said Tosh Lupoi.

I wouldn't say I was "trolling" so much as just fucking around in the thread. If I knew something other than what I've already pointed to, I'd be clear about it for the board.

40 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

He's worth 35 million, enough that his great great grandkids will never have to worry about money

I understand thinking about this that way, but it's almost certainly not true. I've done the math involving that kind of money, as well as other levels, starting with a 5 sibling nuclear family and rolling assumptions forward into the future.

You have to assume that elements in every generation will do their best to fuck up the wealth, so you need generation skipping trusts and various other safeguards, all of those things both separate and minimize the wealth and make the money work harder when one group completely fucks up their allotment. If each generation just grows by 1.5x the prior group (5 in the 2nd gen, 8 in the 3rd, etc.), you'd need a lot more money than $35million as a starting point if you don't want any of them "ever having to worry about money." At least, if you want to die old, knowing with certainty that you've done everything you can to ensure their long term financial freedom. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Why is that, with stoops at least?  I think I read Stoops was a pretty shrewd businessman.

He was head coach at OU for 18 years and made about on average $4/M per.  He also did well off the field.  It's a combo of both salary and longevity.  It's rare that a coach makes that level of money for that long of time.  He has a $5M house in Norman that is hideous and he won't be able to give away but he also has a $5M+ townhouse in Chicago and a beach house in Florida.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic