Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

44 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Also why I much prefer St. Augustine over the touristy parts of the Florida Panhandle. St. A really is the best part of Florida. The high price of sugar sand on the Gulf side includes being in the middle of RTR cretins.   

PSA for Surly poors, if you stay in the nicer parts of the 30A stretch there’s almost no redneck/Roll Tide infiltration. It’s a shit ton of Texans and people from Atlanta and Nashville. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, troph said:

Alright someone needs to piece together what we know and rebuild the timeline. FA is the basis here and it appears LA and Columbus, plus a lot going down yesterday and today. Sarasota to Austin on the slate as the primary highlight.

Things have fucking changed since this. Since it was still dark in the background in his fox and friends interview this AM it rules out Columbus. He is either likely in LA or possibly HSB.  His wife we believe flew to Cincy spent the night visiting her son and may be picking up family in a Kendra Scott ex husband jet that is going to Sarasota then back to Austin tonight.  Got it? It's very clear as you can see.  There are other planes, nexus's of mayo hamburgers, matching curtains and fistings but you know the most important facts now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

A few comments over the last 20 pages:

1.  Mayo is disgusting.  Mustard is the only thing for a burger or a hotdog

2.  San Angelo is a shithole.  My ex-wife is from there so maybe it clouds my judgement but when you have to drive 90 mins to Midland or Abilene for fun, you live in a shithole

3.  F-150. Had one for 3 years and it's the best truck.....period

4.  If Wal-Mart had beaches, they would be in Destin

5.  Someone needs to get futureman some lube and anal nitrate.  He will need it.  

6.  I hope CDC shit cans Tom on the tarmac after the game Saturday, ala Pat Hayden to one Lane Kiffin, and makes him hitchhike back to Austin.

7.  Called a buddy in Columbus who is a tOSu letterman and at first he said no way.....his tune is changing. He went from 0% to 80% Monday-Wednesday.  He had the same talking points as the article did.  Legacy, health, wife, Fox gig and he doesn't need the money were all thrown out.  If that was true, he could just say ”I am not coaching again”....but he hasn't. The restaurant never came up.  They might get rid of his choice of Steak at Hyde Park though.....😁

Let's get UM

Aioli is the tits.  

San Angelo has its moments, and some of the hottest smoke shows around.  Something in the water out there.....

F150 is the tits

Destin is overrated, too fucking crowded, and every time is rains washes all the septic systems in the damn water - causing red tides.  It's nasty

Futureman is proper fucked

I have no friends anywhere near that shitshow of a state known as OH.  Checkmate

I will see your Killeen and raise you fLufkin

Both Killeen and Lufkin can at least offer some decent outdoor recreation options on the edge of the hill country and in the piney woods, respectively. I’m not about to move to either one but they at least have that and a general lack of big city traffic clusterfuck going for them without being ridiculously far from Austin or Houston.

The undisputed wasteland of Texas is the Permian Basin/High Plains from Midland/Odessa up through Lubbock, Amarillo, and the Panhandle. Not a single redeeming feature. Ugly, flared gas, dust, and cow shit saturating the air, far as hell from anything remotely appealing, natural or man made. Except Palo Duro I guess. There really isn’t a discussion to be had.
Can we start the debate of what is east Texas? And why it doesn't start until you are north of Conroe?

Because Conroe and points south are the Houston area.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Just now, Vito Andolini said:

I grew up in east Texas, worked in Midland/Odessa and have been Killeen-adjacent (call on it for work all the time) for decades. Odessa is the answer for the bottom of the barrel.

But without a doubt Odessa has the best drunken fist fights in America but...... are women.

20 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

After growing up in Texas, I now live on Florida's Gulf Coast. Destin and PCB are nice, but the best beaches in the Continental US are Siesta Key, Lido Key,  and Ana Maria Island. Sugar Sand and clear emerald water.

Clearwater is beautiful, but overcrowded and full of tourist.

Ana Maria Island is fantastic. That one residential end of the island is great. A small town vibe in paradise. 

• Fuck You 1

Didn’t like this article from Thamel last night:

For more than a decade, Texas lacked leadership and infrastructure and fell far behind its Big 12 peers. Texas’ practice facilities are worse than some high schools, as their practice bubble looks like the toxic waste dripped down from I-35 and turned into a cocoon. Texas relied on its brand so much that it became a misaligned mess with exponentially worse facilities than a majority of its Big 12 peers.

The facilities are finally changing with a long overdue $175 million dollar South End Zone project. Texas has always had the money but hasn’t figured out the right way to spend it. Now it appears willing to overspend for an elite coach. But can the Longhorns find one?

Texas AD Chris Del Conte’s play here appears to be shopping for Herman’s replacement and attempting to arrange something before having to make a public decision on Herman. This is a common tactic, but rarely do these shadow searches unfold under such scrutiny. The question will be if Texas strikes out — and Del Conte will aim Dabo-level high if Meyer passes as expected — how will everybody sputter forward and force smiles for Herman returning for a plank-walk season in 2021?

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-hot-seat-where-things-stand-at-texas-and-michigan-030527966.html

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There's too much optimism at this point, driven by Burton. Temper enthusiasm until there is some sort of clear evidence of Meyer committing. Not saying it's not going to happen. Just saying there is no solid evidence yet that he will or has already.

Burton though is like the opposite of Ketch in these situations, he's not one to oversell what is taking place right now between the parties.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

How did we make it 230 pages without a Ford vs Chevy debate? Also, anyone who thinks Killeen is the worst town in Texas hasn't spent enough time in east Texas.

I grew up in East Texas, the acres of piney woods are the best and nice small towns. Killeen is a mad max hellscape of a toilet with no redeemable qualities.

52 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

The reasonable Ohio State fan (if such an animal exists) would be hoping this doesn’t happen because of the very real possibility Meyer could potentially poach multiple key members of the staff. 

If the Burton quote up above is true (both sides know what the other wants), then presumably, Meyer is open to a return to coaching, which had seemingly been a major, if not THE largest concern.

I’m not going to tell you what I want in a negotiation unless I’m willing to do the job.

So, if Texas really wants Urban Meyer, and if Texas meets his requirements, then Texas should get Urban Meyer. 

I wonder if, for Meyer,  this started out as a situation where he was interested but asked for the moon with the expectation that Texas would say 'no' and nothing would ever come of it.

Instead - Texas said 'yes' to the 12 million a year, and the 3yr contracts for assistants, and the 3 new practice fields, and the total autonomy over all things football - and they bought him the tennis bracelet - so now Urban has everything he wants and he just needs to decide if its really what he wants to do.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Things have fucking changed since this. Since it was still dark in the background in his fox and friends interview this AM it rules out Columbus. He is either likely in LA or possibly HSB.  His wife we believe flew to Cincy spent the night visiting her son and may be picking up family in a Kendra Scott ex husband jet that is going to Sarasota then back to Austin tonight.  Got it? It's very clear as you can see.  There are other planes, nexus's of mayo hamburgers, matching curtains and fistings but you know the most important facts now. 

I got that he was west of Columbus but it’s looking like not HSB but more like LA, so we know the HSB to Columbus to FLA trip yesterday, what was the LA route to meet with him? And if Burton was talking about a meeting I’m OH how did he get there if he was out west? I mean maybe the Rona thing was fake and he’s being in HSB the whole time or maybe Rona thing was real and he Quarantined at HSB bc it’s the place to be?

In addition to his MS Paint prowess, Thujone is also a prophet.  His avatar has been predicting Urban to Texas well before Futureman promised to shove his fist up his ass should it happen. When the universe is crying out this loudly, you must listen.  Urban Meyer will be the next coach at Texas.  Futureman prepare your anus!

tujone.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I grew up in east Texas, worked in Midland/Odessa and have been Killeen-adjacent (call on it for work all the time) for decades. Odessa is the answer for the bottom of the barrel.

image.png.3b1f72e4fb1fe2100a3e13d41f212624.png

Not really, but this is what I immediately thought about when reading your post.

38 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We might get pretty good confirmation that the Urban deal is done today or tomorrow but I don't think we'll see anything official until after the K-State game on Saturday unless Urban wants something done before that. I think you'd see a pretty quick postgame announcement that Herman has been relieved of his coaching duties after his post-game press duties and a pretty quick announcement that Urban is the replacement. Then we'd have the PC to introduce Urban on Sunday afternoon. That seems like a reasonable timeline.

Sunday's aren't good for press conferences.  It's possible they wait till Monday or Tuesday for a press conference...

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Aioli is the tits.  

San Angelo has its moments, and some of the hottest smoke shows around.  Something in the water out there.....

F150 is the tits

Destin is overrated, too fucking crowded, and every time is rains washes all the septic systems in the damn water - causing red tides.  It's nasty

Futureman is proper fucked

I have no friends anywhere near that shitshow of a state known as OH.  Checkmate

There will be no slander allowed about San Angelo. 

16 minutes ago, nnm said:

East?  Try West or South or North Texas. It’s like the Killeen poster has never seen Seminole, Corpus, or Wichita Falls. 

I feel like the choices for shithole shouldn’t even consider towns over 25,000. I’m from a small town, but I recognize that a shitty small town is far worse than a shitty larger city. If you live in Carrizo Springs you’re like I need to GTFOH now. If you’re in Wichita Falls at least there’s some sort of amenities, like say a movie theater. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I feel like the choices for shithole shouldn’t even consider towns over 25,000. I’m from a small town, but I recognize that a shitty small town is far worse than a shitty larger city. If you live in Carrizo Springs you’re like I need to GTFOH now. If you’re in Wichita Falls at least there’s some sort of amenities, like say a movie theater. 

Okay I'll see your carrizo springs and raise you Hearne

Edited by BurntOrange&White

13 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Yup. Unfortunately I have had to spend the last three weeks out here in midland and ho-dessa.

really excited to gtfo.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Never been to Waco or Odessa I see.

13 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There's too much optimism at this point, driven by Burton. Temper enthusiasm until there is some sort of clear evidence of Meyer committing. Not saying it's not going to happen. Just saying there is no solid evidence yet that he will or has already.

Yeah. I have absolutely no clue where all of this certainty is coming from. We figured out through Flight Aware that we might be flying him all over the country? That doesn't mean he's made a decision. That he came here and met with UT reps and BMDs, or even if they have had met in-person multiple times? That doesn't mean he's made a decision. They're just necessary parts of the interview/vetting process on both sides - but mostly his side because he has ALL the leverage. Mike Fisher is the guy reporting UM is "interviewing" people about a theoretical staff. Mike Fisher is a Dallas pro sports reporter with a focus on the Mavs. He doesn't appear to have any connections to Urban Meyer or college football. He's just a dude that sees an opportunity to  drive traffic to his site with a report from "sources" about UM taking temperature from theoretical staff. Are we confident because two anonymous twitter dudes "rap game Larry" and some Squid dude are posting cryptic messages that he's in? Rap Game Larry's been saying that it's a done deal for a month, and it's was very obviously not a done deal as of earlier this week.

This thing seems far from over. But it is positive that the consensus is that we are in a better position than we thought we were yesterday morning. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic