Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

13 hours ago, TheWellofInformation said:

Not with FOX. Fox wants Texas and Oklahoma in their conference. The Big Ten. Rumor is they are dangling Urban Meyer 

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

More games against Nebraska?  In

this conjecture also deserves inspection and scrutiny.  this is not the alignment thread but scattershooting, what the hell.....  Texas & 0u fix the balance problem in that league period end of story, and simultaneously P5 -> P4 = 16 x 4, yes i know okielite will never allow it in their lege but tboone is dead.  the only remaining problem is kansas hoops.  send northwestern packing, that will be 995.

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Last thing we need is to fire Herman with no replacement lined up like what happened with Mack in 2013. The coaching search and public rejection from Jim Mora was total circus.

I'm still of the belief that Urban wants this shit kept quiet until Tom is let go. 

The circus was because we kept Mack around for almost two months so he could drive away recruits and sabotage the coaching search. Get the old coaches out of there ASAP to limit their ability to destroy the program in the interim if you want to avoid a circus.

IF we get Meyer, Herman is gone.  But if not Urban Meyer, what coach you gonna bring in that justifies your almost $16 million buyout?  I think it' a legitimate question.  What if Sam and a few other guys want to come back and finish things off right?  Would that figure into the decision making?  Would that be a good or bad thing, for recruiting and team dynamics?

Too bad the flashes of brilliance were overshadowed by stupidity and penalties.  

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Last thing we need is to fire Herman with no replacement lined up like what happened with Mack in 2013. The coaching search and public rejection from Jim Mora was total circus.

I'm still of the belief that Urban wants this shit kept quiet until Tom is let go. 

I don't entirely disagree....

But to be the devils advocate.....We fired Mackovic before we hired Mack.........That was actually my most enjoyable/least stressful coaching search....

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

I just cannot fucking believe that.  That bitter motherfucker better not continue to ass fuck our program like that. RAGE

Urban apparently and wisely is considering many variants concerning this job.  I guarantee you one thing he isn’t considering is what fucking Mack Brown thinks.

2 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

I just cannot fucking believe that.  That bitter motherfucker better not continue to ass fuck our program like that. RAGE

Not to go CR, but imagine a man who suffers from delusions of his own greatness and is as petty a fuck as ever walked the planet.  There's your analog for Mack Brown.

Perhaps getting his guys back together have a larger impact than we think. If he’s worried about the stress, it wouldn’t help that if he had to find new supporting staff. If so, maybe the outcome of games going on the next week or two could sway some of his guys to join him. Maybe we’re not waiting on the results or timing of the Longhorn games, but other teams. 

If he’s worried about the stress of coaching here, then he wouldn’t even bother looking to put together a staff. Coming off two bad hires, it’s arguably the most high stress job in college football right now. A dream team of assistants isn’t going to change that very much.

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this conjecture also deserves inspection and scrutiny.  this is not the alignment thread but scattershooting, what the hell.....  Texas & 0u fix the balance problem in that league period end of story, and simultaneously P5 -> P4 = 16 x 4, yes i know okielite will never allow it in their lege but tboone is dead.  the only remaining problem is kansas hoops.  send northwestern packing, that will be 995.

Oh holy hell, 20 pages of Koppe realignment fan fiction cartoons now incoming.

1 minute ago, horn4life said:

IF we get Meyer, Herman is gone.  But if not Urban Meyer, what coach you gonna bring in that justifies your almost $16 million buyout?  I think it' a legitimate question.  What if Sam and a few other guys want to come back and finish things off right?  Would that figure into the decision making?  Would that be a good or bad thing, for recruiting and team dynamics?

It's a question of simple accounting........What do you want to see happen to the donations and season ticket sales next year if Herman is here.  Plus, consider the in general depressing effect such a cloud over the football program would have on every other athletic programs donations and enthusiasm......

Luke Fickel(as an example) would not generate the buzz of Meyer nor reinvigorate the program to the same level, but there are plenty of people that would jump right back on the train for next season if Fickel was hired that will not do so if Herman is still here.

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Since this is basically a catch all thread at this point. Roach says Jatavion Sanders is signing early and is locked into Texas

Only legitimately good news I've seen on this board in weeks.  If Roach is saying it then Sanders must have already signed the NLI and moved on-campus.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Since this is basically a catch all thread at this point. Roach says Jatavion Sanders is signing early and is locked into Texas

Haven’t been to the recruiting board in a month. Thank you for some hope!

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11815431

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

In the Big 12 we have to beat the rest of the league, and then beat OU in the title game. We consistently fail to do this rather straightforward and doable thing. I am not really excited about adding "also beat Ohio State" to that formula.

10 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

"not a fan of this move . I like Herman . He took over a depleted program and I think has done a decent job. Part of the reason to get rid of him is the issue of the players and the eyes of Texas issue . Cancel culture strikes again ."

More like .650 winning% culture strikes again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Can't get this image of Meyer watching his former Ohio State squad competing with Clemson in last year's College Football Playoff out of my mind.  Remember thinking at the time: That doesn't look like a man that wanted to retire....

10 seconds before the interception to end the game, the man in black...

He didn't Zach Smith caused his 'retirement'

13 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Literal text I got today.  He's not a BMD by any means but he is connected to a lot of people...... I am obviously of a different opinion......I will give him credit though....he was right that we should have hired James Franklin instead of Charlie.

"not a fan of this move . I like Herman . He took over a depleted program and I think has done a decent job. Part of the reason to get rid of him is the issue of the players and the eyes of Texas issue . Cancel culture strikes again ."

Did you tell your friend that they are a big pussy, and how did they take it?

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Literal text I got today.  He's not a BMD by any means but he is connected to a lot of people...... I am obviously of a different opinion......I will give him credit though....he was right that we should have hired James Franklin instead of Charlie.

That's not what cancel culture means and if he isn't a BMD then who gives a fuck. He doesn't run TexasTakeover by any chance, does he?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

reply to him and ask him if he has t remind himself to breathe because his cancel culture take is the dumbest fucking thing outside of the LSU trolls telling us last year wasnt a flash in the pan

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Yeah, we are cancelling a culture of shitty coaching and losing.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I have that same frame/mat for my diploma.  Screams mid 90s Co-op. 

And proud of it!  I had it framed myself and at the time, it was what I could afford.  I've thought about having it re-framed but that would require effort, so...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

with the failure of the F900 last night, my wishcasting has moved to a new paradigm which shades the "sunday or else" consensus we seem to currently be on.....:

I'm obviously biased, but not sold that the Kendra F900 was a nothingburger. No offense to theBigHen and his thirteen posts, but all we heard was that there was no one "recognizably important" on the plane. The theory was it was Urban friends & family, so wouldn't expect them to be. The little we were told was passengers included "a man, a middle aged man, and a woman."

The woman could have been Shelley or a daughter.@ChiTownDoc also said the following yesterday in re to the Sarasota to ATX flight: "Those are people close to Urbs.  Bruce Cassidy is very close to Urban and his family.  He owns the concession golf club in Sarasota.  I’ll let you all connect the dots." Bruce Cassidy is a middle-aged man. As for the third man, no idea, but in theory could be any other friend/family member without more details. 

And all that is underscored by the fact that the report came third-hand from a friend at Atlantic, and theBigHen even noted that "they have strict protocols now after what happened when Saban came to town." Friend could have given theBigHen bad info, not gotten an eye on others on the plane (didn't sound he like he had a close/good vantage point given the very limited and vague details we got), been scouting out the wrong plane - or hell, maybe the friend doesn't exist.

Just saying, not staking my life on the plane being a bonafide hit, we'll probably never know. But way too much went on with it before the ATX landing for me to dismiss it given the above. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, horn4life said:

If CDC doesn't have a back up plan, that has the BMD's on board already, for Meyer potentially pulling the plug, then......he better fucking have Meyer.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

No, it isn't. I think it's the most aggie shit that you guys do on the board when you go out of your way to misspell their name. It's pathetically ironic and I've never once been interested in participating in that witless shit. The jokes on us when y'all do that.

you do realize, this puts you in an elite, very exclusive cohort of you, and Randolph Duke.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

If CDC doesn't have a back up plan, that has the BMD's on board already, for Meyer potentially pulling the plug, then......he better fucking have Meyer.

Wouldnt the BMDs have asked regarding plan B long time ago as well?  They must have hashed through all this shit a long while now

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic