Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I don't understand being higher on Campbell than Mullen. Then again, I don't really think either of them are or ever will be big time. Maybe Dan if he gets lucky. I expect the Campbell talk to disappear after OU hands them a 15 point beating on Saturday.

A really good HC doesn't lose at home to that rebuilding LSU team. It's like our losses to TCU.

I'd take ISU +15, though, now that you mention it.

4 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

A really good HC doesn't lose at home to that rebuilding LSU team. It's like our losses to TCU.

I'd take ISU +15, though, now that you mention it.

Please don't misconstrue my post as me talking up Dan Mullen. I thought I was being pretty straightforward but maybe not.

And I would hope you would take ISU +15. The current line is ISU +5.5. Just commenting on what I expect to happen. Probably some battered wife syndrome leaking through.

Edited by ztejas

What I find strange is how many of you all with this supposed Big Dick Energy are all fine with the rationalization that Urban is just waiting for tOSU season to be over.

Two things:

1.  I realize there are guys he could want for the staff coaching for tOSU and it may be hard to get them to commit initially with their season ongoing BUT if he's so concerned that he can't do it with this EXACT  perfect set of circumstances/staff then is he really still the guy he used to be.  I would like THE Urban Meyer, not some pussy version of him that isn't still confident in his own big dick energy to put together a kick ass staff and wreck shop with or without a few pieces from his previous band.

2.  Who gives a fuck about tOSU.  They are the fucking enemy, especially recruiting these days in this state.  If you are Urban Meyer and are REALLY serious  about being the coach at the University of Texas one of the first things you need to do is kneecap some bullshit noodle-chili eating motherfuckers who are coming into this state and taking the talent out.  If I were in that position I would realize that fucking tOSU over was in my own self-interest given the job I was taking and sure wouldn't pussy foot around starting to talk to their coaches and disrupt them.  Again if you are Urban Myer and not willing to do that you don't really have what it takes any more.

I'm fine with some of the other rationalizations here but the "waiting for tOSU season to be over so he can talk to coaches there" isn't one of them.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Florida and Texas are in the same tier of schools and ND is close behind. How often do coaches make a lateral move without a break in between or extenuating circumstances (like Jimbo escaping the dumpster fire he left at FSU)? I can't think of any examples.

Holgo

Tuberville 

Both downgraded on purpose. 

I don’t know how the lid has been kept on so long. IT seems to be the only one who has heard names, but aren’t spilling. Of course could be 9.95 talk.

Let’s fantasize and pretend it’s not UM.

Does Texas really know what they’re doing? Just really surprising no names have been mentioned. That’s a good thing, we just aren’t use to no leaks.

Nahlin just shot down sark saying “it’s too risky”. Guessing he heard that from someone. So they obviously want a proven coach.

That would leave Mullen and Kelly. Think Mullens a no and don’t see Kelly leaving but there’s a better chance there than Mullen. Even if he was interested, you would think ND would match an offer or close to it due to the season he just had.

So would that mean sark wouldn’t be that risky if Kelly/Mullen are a no?

Lol if Kelly comes here and UM goes to ND.

11 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

What I find strange is how many of you all with this supposed Big Dick Energy are all fine with the rationalization that Urban is just waiting for tOSU season to be over.

Two things:

1.  I realize there are guys he could want for the staff coaching for tOSU and it may be hard to get them to commit initially with their season ongoing BUT if he's so concerned that he can't do it with this EXACT  perfect set of circumstances/staff then is he really still the guy he used to be.  I would like THE Urban Meyer, not some pussy version of him that isn't still confident in his own big dick energy to put together a kick ass staff and wreck shop with or without a few pieces from his previous band.

2.  Who gives a fuck about tOSU.  They are the fucking enemy, especially recruiting these days in this state.  If you are Urban Meyer and are REALLY serious  about being the coach at the University of Texas one of the first things you need to do is kneecap some bullshit noodle-chili eating motherfuckers who are coming into this state and taking the talent out.  If I were in that position I would realize that fucking tOSU over was in my own self-interest given the job I was taking and sure wouldn't pussy foot around starting to talk to their coaches and disrupt them.  Again if you are Urban Myer and not willing to do that you don't really have what it takes any more.

I'm fine with some of the other rationalizations here but the "waiting for tOSU season to be over so he can talk to coaches there" isn't one of them.  

Yes, and I'm all for BDE, but this theory originally came from someone who named the Deli Lama as his source.

10 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Two things:

I dont necessarily disagree with you but urban doesn't need to coach again. If he can't get exactly who he wants he will say fuck it (and may already have but fuck that, BDE)

I really think he's in love whey Ohio state and isn't going to kneecap them in the middle of a potential title run. Maybe that's wishful thinking,  maybe that's justifying why nothing has happened yet,  but I really think it is the only school he wouldn't fuck until their season is over. 

Then it will be a big fuck you to everyone left there that showed him the door. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Two things:

User name definitely checks out. /BDE

25 minutes ago, DontCallMeSurly said:

This is the kind of thing that happens when you are, in fact, keeping your coach. CDC is doing the exact opposite by just letting Herman twist in the wind. Urban is, in turn, letting us twist in the wind. Feels good man.

1 minute ago, TexasEx said:

Report: Tom Herman Wants Out of Texas

The former Ohio State offensive coordinator is not happy with the state of affairs in Austin and reportedly wants out.

BRENDAN GULICK

7 HOURS AGO

It's hard to really know for sure how much validity there was to the "Urban Meyer-to-Texas" conversation earlier this month. But the longer this story continues, it makes you wonder how tenable the situation is for Tom Herman and the Longhorns.

According to Gene Sapakoff of the Charleston Post and Courier in Charleston, South Carolina, Tom Herman pretty seriously wants out of Austin, Texas. Here's what he told ESPN's Paul Finebaum recently.

Finebaum: "What is your impression so far of Shane Beamer at South Carolina?"

Sapakoff: "Well Paul, I'll tell you, I like him a lot more than say Tom Herman, who I've been told called Ray Tanner (the South Carolina athletic director) and I'm not going to say he begged for the job but my sources say that he was quite interested."

Well then.

Perhaps I'm naïve, but I have a hard time thinking something like that happens regularly. I can't imagine that coaches are in the business of calling other athletic directors and pleading for a chance to come take an open vacancy elsewhere.

Herman left Urban Meyer's staff in Columbus after a successful stint as the Buckeyes offensive coordinator to take the head coaching job at the University of Houston. Herman's final year with Ohio State was the magical 2014 national championship season. He did a fantastic job with the Cougars, leading them to a 22-4 run over three years with several notable victories.

It turned into a 5-year contract offer from the biggest athletic department in America, which he accepted. The 45-year old Herman reportedly makes $5 million per year to coach the Texas Longhorns, which by many accounts he's done a reasonably good job of doing. But there are few places where the spotlight is brighter and the pressure is that intense. He is 31-18 in his three years and he's won a bowl game every season, but he has never really been in the College Football Playoff conversation.

Over the past several weeks, there have been reports on everything from Texas courting Urban Meyer to gauge his interest in coming out of retirement, to Urban's wife Shelley supposedly looking at real estate on Zillow in Austin (which she laughed about on Twitter).

Meanwhile, Texas AD Chris del Conte issued a statement about all of the speculation regarding Tom Herman's job, which basically told everyone to take a step back and that Herman wasn't going anywhere.

But that doesn't mean that Herman is happy and if Gene Sapakoff's source is correct, Herman is looking for an early exit.

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

No. This is BDE. (This is an actual screen shot of a hurricane projection for Delta that I stole from the Daily Texan Weather thread). Knocking up the weather girl was unnecessary as I can tell from her expression. This is BDE and it should be in burnt orange. 

8DDC155D-13DB-4990-9EF8-105A87B8A895.jpeg

is that a cock?  it looks like a cock!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I don’t know how the lid has been kept on so long. IT seems to be the only one who has heard names, but aren’t spilling. Of course could be 9.95 talk.

Let’s fantasize and pretend it’s not UM.

Does Texas really know what they’re doing? Just really surprising no names have been mentioned. That’s a good thing, we just aren’t use to no leaks.

Nahlin just shot down sark saying “it’s too risky”. Guessing he heard that from someone. So they obviously want a proven coach.

That would leave Mullen and Kelly. Think Mullens a no and don’t see Kelly leaving but there’s a better chance there than Mullen. Even if he was interested, you would think ND would match an offer or close to it due to the season he just had.

So would that mean sark wouldn’t be that risky if Kelly/Mullen are a no?

Lol if Kelly comes here and UM goes to ND.

Kid No GIF by MOODMAN

There are other threads for those who don't have the stomach to push through until UM is named our head coach. take that weak shit over there.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

I hope everything works out and proves otherwise, but we couldn't look more incompetent if we tried.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Fuck You 1

I get that there are folks posting that legitimately want us to be prepared for Plan B or Plan Holyshit balls (we keep Herman through fall of 2021). I understand. There are names still out there that are available not named UM BUT.......it’s gonna be Urban baby! Urban Meyer or Bust!!!!!

To those showing concern for our well-being: 

57B5A331-9C97-4F44-96C8-D7AC67CC8AA3.gif

062572F7-40A8-463A-AF25-C3E2F465F49E.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

But for Urban taking the Texas job, which I don’t think will happen, this is a fucking mess.

Meh. The Zach Smith stuff and suspension was a mess. This is just a little noise before he comes in and kicks ass. We're hyper focused on this shit. The casual fan isn't. Nobody will give a damn about any of it when Urban walks out on the 50 yard line to cheers of URBAN - MEYER a-la Texas fight. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Lol now Herman is gonna leak he’s unhappy like we are about to lose him. What a clusterfuck. This is what happens when don’t just fire his sorry ass and back peddle and put out a weak ass “we're uhh committed to uhh Tom Herman, yea yea tom is our coach for uhh 2021?”.. 

Now old Mensa is trying to flip the script and act like he’s unhappy. Haha. We look like a total joke. Well we are a joke.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol now Herman is gonna leak he’s unhappy like we are about to lose him. What a clusterfuck. This is what happens when don’t just fire his sorry ass and back peddle and put out a weak ass “we're uhh committed to uhh Tom Herman, yea yea tom is our coach for uhh 2021?”.. 

Now old Mensa is trying to flip the script and act like he’s unhappy. Haha. We look like a total joke. Well we are a joke.

Nah, that won't fly. Facts are on our side seeing as we fucking shit the bed this year, both on the field and off. Plus, this is the time for BDE.

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I get that there are folks posting that legitimately want us to be prepared for Plan B or Plan Holyshit balls (we keep Herman through fall of 2021). I understand. There are names still out there that are available not named UM BUT.......it’s gonna be Urban baby! Urban Meyer or Bust!!!!!

To those showing concern for our well-being: 

57B5A331-9C97-4F44-96C8-D7AC67CC8AA3.gif

062572F7-40A8-463A-AF25-C3E2F465F49E.gif

No kidding.  There are probably 10 other threads to discuss horribly disappointing PlanB and PlanC and PlanZ coaches.

This is the URBAN MEYER thread, and he WILL be our head coach next year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sorry folks, looks like we may be jumping to the front of the line for UM.  
UCLA has shown improvement in Chip Kelly’s third season in Westwood; however, Kelly is not guaranteed to return in 2021 even with a win over Stanford on Saturday...
In the event UCLA does move on from Kelly, sources tell FootballScoop Jarmond would be expected to vet the interest of Urban Meyer and Chris Petersen.

Jarmond and Meyer’s relationship dates back eight years, to when the future Hall of Fame coach came aboard at Ohio State. Jarmond was intimately involved with the program, serving as lead administrator for football at Ohio State. Sources said the pair’s relationship extends beyond football, that the two are genuine friends.

It’s with that angle that UCLA would pursue Meyer, who already this month turned down overtures from Texas

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-chip-kelly-not-guaranteed-to-return-at-ucla-bruins-could-target-big-name-replacements/

UCLA is a sleeping giant. With a bunch of shitty fans.

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

No. This is BDE. (This is an actual screen shot of a hurricane projection for Delta that I stole from the Daily Texan Weather thread). Knocking up the weather girl was unnecessary as I can tell from her expression. This is BDE and it should be in burnt orange. 

8DDC155D-13DB-4990-9EF8-105A87B8A895.jpeg

THUJONE at his best.