Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

10 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

My neighbor was talking about how excited he is to see Herman open up the offense with Casey next year. I'm thinking about moving now

Yes. I was watching the game last night in the presence of someone who was talking about how Herman is a young guy without much coaching experience and runs a clean program and that he'd never want someone like Urban with all of his dirt around the program. 

These are the people content to win a national title once every 30 years as long as they can feel morally superior to people that went to a different school. That football isn't that important in the grand scheme of things so we should be content with winning mid tier bowls and beating OU once every 3 or 4 outings.

To them there is no tradition or standard to uphold - no 100k seat stadium to justify - no $200MM athletics budget to pair results with. It's all gravy and always will be. 

Which, that's fine. Those people are entitled to their views. But some of us actually care about winning to an emotionally unhealthy degree and always will. I'd rather people like that be at the helm whether this shit goes down in flames or not. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Does anyone want Herman back though? There’s a difference between being skeptical he’ll get fired and not wanting him to.

A ton of people on this site seem to think that after UM, there's a 7.6 billion way tie for the 2nd most qualified candidate on earth to coach Texas so we might as well keep mensa.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Which, that's fine. Those people are entitled to their views. But some of us actually care about winning to an emotionally unhealthy degree and always will. I'd rather people like that be at the helm whether this shit goes down in flames or not. 

Best Friends Bff GIF by Acorn TV

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

The game last night just pissed me off more. It’s absolutely unacceptable that Herman lost 3 games in the big 12 this season with the roster we have. What a massive fucking failure, if Herman had any honor he would have committed seppuku at midfield after the game last night.

Hey....the team tried to drown him!

817 was my area code growing up....then about the time I learned my phone number it changed to 254.....anyway...

Have some Kolaches and Klobasniky.  Had to grab some when we went through coming home from family.

slovacek-s.jpg.ef60348837d639133804f57a07b6376f.jpg

Love their sausage too, no homo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Since the hope narrative is that he's waiting to nab assistants from Ohio St, what's the thread angst level if they beat Clemson?

And then the title game gets delayed a week by a team outbreak...

And backup plan (BKelly?) won't wait indefinitely....

We are getting Urban Fucking Meyer as head football coach at the University of Texas. There is no angst or backup plans

• Hook 'Em 8

4 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

I'm going to take it as a good sign that Herb Hand still has a job for the moment. You can't have the season Herman just had without making some changes. Hand stank up the joint on the field and in recruiting.

Yes, this is a bigger deal than people are making it seem IMO. This alone confirms to me that Herman is gone

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, canadianhorn21 said:

Fat Ketch hinting Herm about to get the ax?!

fuck ketch

5 hours ago, closetohumping said:

image.png.8ab7ad422998f99f75db1c3d8ee1b4a2.png

fuck ketch

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Gerry's response to that Oatmeal Creme Pie Eatin' Puta tweet about Texas firing Herman:

image.thumb.png.85b06ae58706ce0ac7610359e534e7bc.png

fuck ketch

Gerry has even more legit reasons to hate Ketch than the rest of us. As does that guy Ketch fired for getting brain cancer (with no health plan).

fuck ketch

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, elguapo said:

The game last night just pissed me off more. It’s absolutely unacceptable that Herman lost 3 games in the big 12 this season with the roster we have. What a massive fucking failure, if Herman had any honor he would have committed seppuku at midfield after the game last night.

It's true we should have breezed through the conference undefeated.  It's also true that we raped Ralphie.  Ralphie is pretty awful, though.  Herman lacks the stature of a warrior that would entitle him to commit seppuku, however.  A vodka-cyanide martini is more appropriate, IMO.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yes. I was watching the game last night in the presence of someone who was talking about how Herman is a young guy without much coaching experience and runs a clean program and that he'd never want someone like Urban with all of his dirt around the program. 

These are the people content to win a national title once every 30 years as long as they can feel morally superior to people that went to a different school. That football isn't that important in the grand scheme of things so we should be content with winning mid tier bowls and beating OU once every 3 or 4 outings.

To them there is no tradition or standard to uphold - no 100k seat stadium to justify - no $200MM athletics budget to pair results with. It's all gravy and always will be. 

Yeah, I don't get this. CHIEF Jr. rode into the Rose Bowl on my shoulders the last time we won a championship. Now, he would have to carry me on his.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Mary Ann > Ginger and it's not even close.

Two points.  First, having met both Ms. Wells and Ms. Louise, unless you're into substance-abused and crazy, you'd pick Ginger.  And farm girls (MA) like to do it a lot but lack imagination.  Actresses know all kinds of snaky sack stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I heard the same types of things from Exes in the DKR stands and in the Ex-Students Association about not wanting Saban who said in the same breath that mensa was the "golden boy" etc., etc., and that Saban would bring "shame" to Texas in addition to claiming Saban was "too old."  Fuck them!

FIRE TOM HERMAN!

HIRE URBAN MEYER!

Edited by BachelorTrek

3 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Two points.  First, having met both Ms. Wells and Ms. Louise, unless you're into substance-abused and crazy, you'd pick Ginger.  And farm girls (MA) like to do it a lot but lack imagination.  Actresses know all kinds of snaky sack stuff.

New here?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I’m calling complete and total

bullshit.......without pics.  Standing by.