Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

For a guy who supposedly didn't need the job and was doing it out of necessity, he sure seems desperate to keep it.

Well, he fucked up and won....which invited a whole new level of scrutiny of his affairs.  So, that limited his ability to play his standard shell game.  Once that went away, then he was exposed to real risk, and the only thing protecting him is, ironically, the very office that he won to create that risk.

He fucked around, and found out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, he fucked up and won....which invited a whole new level of scrutiny of his affairs.  So, that limited his ability to play his standard shell game.  Once that went away, then he was exposed to real risk, and the only thing protecting him is, ironically, the very office that he won to create that risk.

4D chess, right?

I will say, I can now get some joy in watching grey-haired trump flailing around.  Being a whiny bitch about Pfizer and trying to portray them as having made a mistake when they said they weren't part of "Operation Warp Speed" and then trying to do a political hit job against New York are just so pathetic and totally on brand.  But now I know that a majority of the country knows he's a mendacious douchebag.

And knowing that, through this whole monkey-show of a coronavirus speech, he KNOWS he lost the election by a LOT and that he KNOWS he is on his way out, actually makes me happy.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, it's incredibly dangerous.  He feels trapped/cornered -- when you corner an opponent, that opponent will do desperate, irrational things.  Dangerous fucking shit.  If he feels that he has no viable path forward but to stay in power.....then he will do anything and everything to stay in power.

Again, between now and January 20th is the most dangerous period in American history since the Civil War or Cuban Missile Crisis.

Brisket I know you think in worrisome terms, but the adults in the room, although they appear to be more well hidden at times than the Ark of the Covenant, will restrain and impair his ability to go buck wild on this country and world at large. He will say inflammatory things that will get some mentally unstable folks to attempt to do dumb things, but we will be okay. Just pray for no violent retribution acts come from his words. We need some unity as a country, or something as close as we can get to that.

Please think in positive terms. There is plenty of time going forward to survey the clean-up job in front of Biden’s administration. Right now the American people’s voice was heard at the ballot box (And in turn the electoral as well even though it should be abolished) and democracy lived to see another day. 

9 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Please think in positive terms. There is plenty of time going forward to survey the clean-up job in front of Biden’s administration. Right now the American people’s voice was heard at the ballot box (And in turn the electoral as well even though it should be abolished) and democracy lived to see another day. 

Umm, Ledge out front shoulda told ya.

5 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Brisket I know you think in worrisome terms, but the adults in the room, although they appear to be more well hidden at times than the Ark of the Covenant, will restrain and impair his ability to go buck wild on this country and world at large.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLvrmzDeDpqE-3pGv3OL9

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

will ferrell what an idiot GIF

Joe Biden Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

What a rollercoaster...I went to bed on election night, drunk, thinking ‘here we go again’ despite spending countless hours in the lead up reading articles telling me not to call the election the first week or so.  I woke up hungover, angry, disappointed, and my throat sore from snoring with my ass sore from my wife kicking it to stop me...sorry babe.  

Not even two weeks later it’s become apparent this was, in an EC measuring stick kinda way, a pretty big victory + a historically-huge popular vote win as well...but now we move into phase 2 where the bitch won’t leave without burning it all down.  The suspense is terrible, I hope it lasts (not really, but 2020 is one for the record books, that’s for sure...and I thought 9/11 would be the defining moment of my adulthood).  

9 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Brisket I know you think in worrisome terms, but the adults in the room, although they appear to be more well hidden at times than the Ark of the Covenant, will restrain and impair his ability to go buck wild on this country and world at large. He will say inflammatory things that will get some mentally unstable folks to attempt to do dumb things, but we will be okay. Just pray for no violent retribution acts come from his words. We need some unity as a country, or something as close as we can get to that.

I'd like to, but I'm resigned to the fact that it's not in my nature.

I'm positive that had I been around on VE day, I would have celebrated for a few minutes.....and immediately gone to worrying about how we were going to deal with the Soviets, starting right now.

Getting Trump out of the White House -- and that is not done until January 20th -- will give me a day to celebrate.  But Trump and Trumpism will still survive, as will a death-cult dominionist evangelical theology, and dominate the GOP for much of the next generation.  Maybe we will save the patient from an immediate flatline event.  But we remain really, really fucking sick.

Besides, I've finally got The Ledge decorated the way that I like, nicer weather is here, and I think I'll stick around out there for a while.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I'd like to, but I'm resigned to the fact that it's not in my nature.

I'm positive that had I been around on VE day, I would have celebrated for a few minutes.....and immediately gone to worrying about how we were going to deal with the Soviets, starting right now.

Getting Trump out of the White House -- and that is not done until January 20th -- will give me a day to celebrate.  But Trump and Trumpism will still survive, as will a death-cult dominionist evangelical theology, and dominate the GOP for much of the next generation.  Maybe we will save the patient from an immediate flatline event.  But we remain really, really fucking sick.

Besides, I've finally got The Ledge decorated the way that I like, nicer weather is here, and I think I'll stick around out there for a while.

VE Day you woulda been worrying about the Japanese, not the Russians. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

VE Day you woulda been worrying about the Japanese, not the Russians. 

Well, that's what's happening over there in Japan.  With those...Japanese. 

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Umm, Ledge out front shoulda told ya.

Haha. I definitely realize that! Trying to stay positive and believe that enough of our fellow citizens have an overriding goodness in them, or at a bare minimum decency, to allow for the change of administrations to take place peacefully. 

51 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I read a comment on a FB discussion earlier today that said as much. Poster claimed to have a bunch of West Coast TV contacts and it was common knowledge he was working on starting TrumpTV to compete with Fox. He figured he'd spend a year on the campaign trail, zinging the other GOP candidates and criticizing their track records when he had none. Campaign funds don't need to be paid back and you're not paying for TV ad time. Then he somehow won the nomination. At that point, he figured he'd lose to Hillary and he'd claim she was corrupt or he got cheated and he'd slink off to start TrumpTV and use Hillary as a convenient target a la Fox/Obama. But then he won the election and the Access Hollywood tape came out and so did other women accusing him of assault. The spotlight got so bright and illuminated his tax issues and other dirty dealings. And now he might be screwed.

The orange one looking to see if it's legal to pardon himself.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-reportedly-asking-pardons-himself-194038001.html

Spoiler

Trump Has Reportedly Been Asking About Pardons for Himself, His Family, and More

Trace William Cowen (not biased at all)
Fri, November 13, 2020, 11:40 AM PST

Donald J. Trump, who has now successfully carried his penchant for failure as a former steak salesman into his role as POTUS, has allegedly been making inquiries about the ins and outs of pardons for several years now.

According to a new report from CNN including commentary from a number of sources described as "current and former" administration officials, Trump's had matters of pardon on the brain since at least 2017. Since then, former aides explained, Trump has "been asking" whether he would be able to pardon himself.

Another ex-White House official, meanwhile, said Trump has also asked about pardons for family members, as well as preemptive pardons aimed at federal crimes one could be charged with in the future. As pardons are only applicable for crimes of a federal nature, the action would not prevent Trump or anyone else from potential results stemming from Trump Organization investigations that are currently in progress under the direction of the New York attorney general.

And while some have assessed an attempted self-pardon as a surefire thing, others have argued such a move is highly unlikely, if for no other reason than doing so would quite clearly imply some sort of guilt. Also notable, as pointed out by the Washington Post earlier this week, is that trying to pardon himself isn't constitutionally supported. (Editorializing: But the Turtle will be okay with it).

Back in 2018, Trump publicly theorized about pardoning himself, at once claiming he has "the absolute right" to do so while also questioning why he would need to if he had truly "done nothing wrong."  (Editorializing: LO FUCKING L, the fucker needs to go to Federal PMITA prison).

In the days since Biden was declared the winner of the 2020 presidential election, Trump has been adamant in putting forth a false narrative built atop baseless claims of voter fraud. In an interview with Byron York of the Washington Examiner, published Friday, Trump appeared to still be very much in reckless denial mode.

53 minutes ago, Superhero said:

The orange one looking to see if it's legal to pardon himself.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-reportedly-asking-pardons-himself-194038001.html

Hide contents

Trump Has Reportedly Been Asking About Pardons for Himself, His Family, and More

Trace William Cowen (not biased at all)
Fri, November 13, 2020, 11:40 AM PST

Donald J. Trump, who has now successfully carried his penchant for failure as a former steak salesman into his role as POTUS, has allegedly been making inquiries about the ins and outs of pardons for several years now.

According to a new report from CNN including commentary from a number of sources described as "current and former" administration officials, Trump's had matters of pardon on the brain since at least 2017. Since then, former aides explained, Trump has "been asking" whether he would be able to pardon himself.

Another ex-White House official, meanwhile, said Trump has also asked about pardons for family members, as well as preemptive pardons aimed at federal crimes one could be charged with in the future. As pardons are only applicable for crimes of a federal nature, the action would not prevent Trump or anyone else from potential results stemming from Trump Organization investigations that are currently in progress under the direction of the New York attorney general.

And while some have assessed an attempted self-pardon as a surefire thing, others have argued such a move is highly unlikely, if for no other reason than doing so would quite clearly imply some sort of guilt. Also notable, as pointed out by the Washington Post earlier this week, is that trying to pardon himself isn't constitutionally supported. (Editorializing: But the Turtle will be okay with it).

Back in 2018, Trump publicly theorized about pardoning himself, at once claiming he has "the absolute right" to do so while also questioning why he would need to if he had truly "done nothing wrong."  (Editorializing: LO FUCKING L, the fucker needs to go to Federal PMITA prison).

In the days since Biden was declared the winner of the 2020 presidential election, Trump has been adamant in putting forth a false narrative built atop baseless claims of voter fraud. In an interview with Byron York of the Washington Examiner, published Friday, Trump appeared to still be very much in reckless denial mode.

Declare it over a tweet.  See if it works.  

Not that I expect he would pay attention enough to learn something, but it would have been really nice had nobody floated the detail that one can only be pardoned for federal crimes.  It would be peak Trump for him to pardon himself "for all crimes bigly and small, and any that might have sort of happened or might sort of happen in the future" and then leave office thinking he was safe.

But, loose lips, etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The kPop crew has taken over Twitter and are posting images of pancakes along with the hashtag MillionMagaMarch. I expect, though, with so many on Parler now it might have lost some of its oomph, but they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Not that I'm against trolling maga but why pancakes? what am i missing?

8 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Some folks are good at shooting animals near a feeder under the guise of "hunting"; and formerly enabled the Roves, Atwaters, etc.; and  engaging in loud mouthed hyperbole;   and want to direct others while sitting on a ledge when the fight breaks out to repair a nation.  

Others IRL and elsewhere have taken on the Roves, et., al, since the start, will continue to do so; and will never bow to their bullshit, much less sit and bitch from a ledge.

1200px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

• Like 1

Honestly, I’m watching this slow moving disintegration,  I’ve come to realize this ends in a whimper, not a bang.  People will start to drift away as states certify.  Career’s will refuse orders, and only the most committed cabinet members will try to hold on and enforce his will, often running up against “no, I refuse, and you have no way to make me in the time left”

Trump will eventually move down to Mara Lago, abandon all pretense of governing and wallow in despair and grievance.  Former never Trumpers turned MAGA heads will suddenly reappear as Reaganites as if nothing happened “Who?!!! Never heard of the guy!”

Biden will eventually sue the GSA and get the keys to the transition.  Trump staff will attempt to embed, and not assist with the transition, but it will grind forward, as the careers step in.  

The WH will engage in an orgy of records and property destruction. 

January 20 will come and Biden will be sworn in and have to immediately get to work with little fanfare, including dragging appointed people out of agency jobs who refuse to resign.

By 5pm on 1/20, Mitch McConnell will declare all of the country’s travails Joe Biden’s fault.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, achooloco said:

Not that I'm against trolling maga but why pancakes? what am i missing?

Good question. Several of the tweeters referred to 'flipping,' such as states, but other than that I'm probably going to have to ask one of my children. They know a lot more popular culture and trends than I do these days. When I was able to volunteer in the schools I could keep up but the pandemic has reduced a lot of on campus involvement.