Fuk Aaron Rodgers.......

Txslnghrns

20 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

https://hypeauditor.com/youtube/UCxcTeAKWJca6XyJ37_ZoKIQ/

McAfee's show on Youtube has never cracked 1 million. Highest streamed content on his channel is 900k. He averages 106k per show on youtube. Those are abysmal numbers, literal autists opening boxes of toys get 20-30 times those numbers regularly. He's not huge on youtube, he's barely a blip. His numbers are fucking *terrible* for someone supposedly "big."

Yo!  Lets not kink shame in here, alright?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

This little girl on youtube has multiple videos which have pulled in literally a million times as many views as Pat McAfee's highest performing episode on his youtube channel. As in, billions of views. Pat McAfee isn't "huge on youtube." LMFAO.

girl.png

How many of her viewers get traced back to Churches?  basements in Ohio? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Just dropping in to say fuck Pat McAfee and ESPN.  He's somehow made their CFB coverage even worse.  What a total meathead shitbag.

Even the barstool guys are better if you are into the whole sports bro thing.  At least Portnoy's pizza reviews are sometimes entertaining.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I  wish I could get the email addresses for the 50K that tune in daily. Anyone stupid enough to listen to that meathead jack himself off every day is ripe for a  fleecing. Just send them an offer to buy an Aaron Rodgers immunity coin for like $99.95. 

I would think ESPN did their market research. So someone had to have had data to think partnering ESPN and College Football with WWE was a good thing, or at least a money making thing. Maybe the regular college football fan is really that stupid. I mean fuck, you have 70K idiots in College Station.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Just dropping in to say fuck Pat McAfee and ESPN.  He's somehow made their CFB coverage even worse.  What a total meathead shitbag.

Even the barstool guys are better if you are into the whole sports bro thing.  At least Portnoy's pizza reviews are sometimes entertaining.  

It should come as no surprise that McAfee got his broadcasting start at Barstool. Also unsurprising that their split was not amicable  

Edited by TonyTexas

4 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

These people should really stop saying “do your research” because, as you say, it instantly tells anyone listening that they’re either (1) full of shit or (2) actually dumb enough to think that whatever they’ve done in any way constitutes “research.”

Here comes a dorky rant from someone who spent way too much time in grad school…

”Research” is the process of meticulous experiment and observation in order to answer a question or series of questions. “Research” requires the description of one’s methods in painstaking detail, transparency of the results of those methods, a description of the statistical methods used to determine the best answer to the question, and a descriptive rationale as to why this MAY be the best answer to the question. This process must then stand up to the scrutiny of other experts in the field. (For those who don’t know - these motherfuckers absolutely live to poke holes in the work of others.) If it does, it gets published in a journal and is considered a legitimate research paper (though some journals are taken less seriously than others). Then, if it’s a worthwhile research paper, it will be used to help answer future research papers to ultimately build out the overall body of knowledge in a field of study.

In other words, reading a single research paper - which went through all the steps it takes to get published - wouldn’t even really be considered “researching” a topic. It’s simply reading an article.

Now, compare that to the “do your research” kooks, who are literally talking about watching videos on the fucking internet that comfortably connect their preferred reality to a cause or an outcome. 

So yeah, it is galling, as someone who spent countless hours running through meticulous experimental processes, analyzing heaps of experimental data, and having to defend all of it before groups cutthroat academicians (who are often insecure people whose entire self-worth is tied up in proving to everyone how smart they are), to hear fucking imbeciles and nutjobs and attention-seekers like Aaron fucking Rodgers purport that he has done “research” about the absurd, banal bullshit that flows out of his mouth.

It’s literally the opposite of “research” - forming conclusions based on unsubstantiated conjecture from whoever-the-fuck on the goddamn internet, which can’t stand up to any degree of scrutiny.

Ironically and embarrassingly, people who don’t realize this, and think that by believing something that has no foundation rooted in any sort of evidence whatsoever makes them seem “informed,” announce to the world that they are lowest common denominator dipshits who should never be taken seriously.

giphy.gif.488b975f139d6e8f71ef20a397d19cf2.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

In other words, reading a single research paper - which went through all the steps it takes to get published - wouldn’t even really be considered “researching” a topic. It’s simply reading an article.

I remember some chud -- maybe it was Aaron Rogers, dunno -- during the lockdown went and tried to say that Fauci didn't know what he was talking about, and said something like "I've read like 5 books on the subject, more than most people" like those 5 books were supposed to be impressive.

My roommate in college wound up getting the highest MCAT score in the nation, he was literally one of the brightest medical minds in the nation. Every medical school opened it's doors to him. That motherfucker *DEVOURED* books in college. Like, in addition to his text books, he'd just read everything he could get his hands on. In my time at Texas, I must have watched him read 200 books on general medicine.

These people's "research" is a drop in a bucket compared to the actual research real medical professionals do. 5 books wasn't even a semester's load of work for my roommate, let alone something he'd hang his hat on as being an expert.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

These people should really stop saying “do your research” because, as you say, it instantly tells anyone listening that they’re either (1) full of shit or (2) actually dumb enough to think that whatever they’ve done in any way constitutes “research.”

Here comes a dorky rant from someone who spent way too much time in grad school…

”Research” is the process of meticulous experiment and observation in order to answer a question or series of questions. “Research” requires the description of one’s methods in painstaking detail, transparency of the results of those methods, a description of the statistical methods used to determine the best answer to the question, and a descriptive rationale as to why this MAY be the best answer to the question. This process must then stand up to the scrutiny of other experts in the field. (For those who don’t know - these motherfuckers absolutely live to poke holes in the work of others.) If it does, it gets published in a journal and is considered a legitimate research paper (though some journals are taken less seriously than others). Then, if it’s a worthwhile research paper, it will be used to help answer future research papers to ultimately build out the overall body of knowledge in a field of study.

Now, compare that to the “do your research” kooks, who are literally talking about watching videos on the fucking internet that comfortably connect their preferred reality to a cause or an outcome. 

So yeah, it is galling, as someone who spent countless hours running through meticulous experimental processes, analyzing heaps of experimental data, and having to defend all of it before groups cutthroat academicians (who are often insecure people whose entire self-worth is tied up in proving to everyone how smart they are), to hear fucking imbeciles and nutjobs and attention-seekers like Aaron fucking Rodgers purport that he has done “research” about the absurd, banal bullshit that flows out of his mouth.

It’s literally the opposite of “research” - forming conclusions based on unsubstantiated conjecture from whoever-the-fuck on the goddamn internet, which can’t stand up to any degree of scrutiny.

Ironically and embarrassingly, people who don’t realize this, and think that by believing something that has no foundation rooted in any sort of evidence whatsoever makes them seem “informed,” announce to the world that they are lowest common denominator dipshits who should never be taken seriously.

Edit: I think it is important to note that legitimate research necessarily involves some degree of humility on the part of the authors; always be skeptical of those who speak in absolutes about their conclusions, and serious scientists don’t.

IDK.

I better do my own research to see if this is true.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I remember some chud -- maybe it was Aaron Rogers, dunno -- during the lockdown went and tried to say that Fauci didn't know what he was talking about, and said something like "I've read like 5 books on the subject, more than most people" like those 5 books were supposed to be impressive.

My roommate in college wound up getting the highest MCAT score in the nation, he was literally one of the brightest medical minds in the nation. Every medical school opened it's doors to him. That motherfucker *DEVOURED* books in college. Like, in addition to his text books, he'd just read everything he could get his hands on. In my time at Texas, I must have watched him read 200 books on general medicine.

These people's "research" is a drop in a bucket compared to the actual research real medical professionals do. 5 books wasn't even a semester's load of work for my roommate, let alone something he'd hang his hat on as being an expert.

And that roommate's name?

You guessed it.

Frank Stallone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Yeah. When defending your research in front of other researchers, you better know any and all important papers in the field inside and out, because they 100% will try to burn you with anything you found that may contradict something else (and you’d better have a good explanation about what may account for any discrepancy). You’ve got to know your stuff.

• Hook 'Em 2

Barstoolie Brandon Walker is the top CFB media personality out there.
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I remember some chud -- maybe it was Aaron Rogers, dunno -- during the lockdown went and tried to say that Fauci didn't know what he was talking about,

And this, to me, speaks to the beauty of science and research - it is all there, the methods, the data, the analysis, the rationale. It is all laid out in black and white. It isn’t an editorial.

As such, if you want to argue the science, have at it - but argue the actual science. Point out what you think is flawed in the actual science. That’s not what conspiracy kooks even try to do.

Now, if you want to argue about how the science should be applied to society from a policy perspective- as is usually the motivation for people who make issues out of these things - that’s perfectly fine, and reasonable people can certainly disagree about this, because societies and cultures are incredibly complex.

But don’t try to make your point by discrediting the actual science unless you can, you know, intelligently cite how the actual science is flawed, which means demonstrating that a whole bunch of really dedicated people all got something wrong in every paper that it relevant to a field. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

And this, to me, speaks to the beauty of science and research - it is all there, the methods, the data, the analysis, the rationale. It is all laid out in black and white. It isn’t an editorial.

As such, if you want to argue the science, have at it - but argue the actual science. Point out what you think is flawed in the actual science. That’s not what conspiracy kooks even try to do.

Now, if you want to argue about how the science should be applied to society from a policy perspective- as is usually the motivation for people who make issues out of these things - that’s perfectly fine, and reasonable people can certainly disagree about this, because societies and cultures are incredibly complex.

But don’t try to make your point by discrediting the actual science unless you can, you know, intelligently cite how the actual science is flawed, which means demonstrating that a whole bunch of really dedicated people all got something wrong in every paper that it relevant to a field. 

the problem with conspiracy theorists and why their "research" never holds up is because it's all done backwards. It's the exact opposite of the scientific method. They start with a conclusion, then desperately try to find evidence to back it up. It just doesn't work like that, thats' not how it's supposed to be done.

Real scientists aren't really afraid to challenge commonly held beliefs. Science is malleable and constantly changing. Science is a process. Science is dispassionate. You can't do actual science, if you're trying to use science to back up your predetermined belief.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

And that roommate's name?

You guessed it.

Frank Stallone.

Bullshit.  Frank was a baller.  He didn't need to split rent with nobody!  

This latest Rodger's incident just keeps drilling into my head the confusion over why certain types of "men" gravitate towards the weakest, least self-assured types that are really just idiotic bullies.  Aaron Rodgers is really just Scott Farkus from "A Christmas Story."  And 40% of Texas men are his hapless toady, Grover Dill.  But they're too fucking stupid to see it.  

42 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Yeah. When defending your research in front of other researchers, you better know any and all important papers in the field inside and out, because they 100% will try to burn you with anything you found that may contradict something else (and you’d better have a good explanation about what may account for any discrepancy). You’ve got to know your stuff.

So kind of like posting here? 

22 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I did my own research and discovered Aaron Rodgers is a smooth brained imbecile fascinated by his own flatulence.

I hate to defend Rodgers, but there is not one damn thing wrong with enjoying your own farts.

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

Maybe I'm just shallow. But I refused to hear anything the dude ever said when my first view of him was a blazer with a tank top. That just reflexively blanked him from my world. I'm gonna start doing the same with sports analysts who wear suits with sneakers. I just don't need anymore of that. Y'all help yourselves, though. I'm also changing the channel on any show where the hosts are standing on fake turf with hash marks on it. Can't do it anymore. Won't. 

I long ago established the policy of changing the channel as soon as I saw a guy in a suit holding a piece of sports equipment, so I'd like to sign up for your newsletter. 

Seriously, did I miss a Toastmaster's meeting in the last few years where they told you that making constant hand gestures like you're handling dicks is the best way to command respect in a public speaking forum?  What in the fuck?  noCR, but what the fuck with "Alpha Men" just constantly playing with poltergeist balls these days?  

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

Maybe I'm just shallow. But I refused to hear anything the dude ever said when my first view of him was a blazer with a tank top. That just reflexively blanked him from my world. I'm gonna start doing the same with sports analysts who wear suits with sneakers. I just don't need anymore of that. Y'all help yourselves, though. I'm also changing the channel on any show where the hosts are standing on fake turf with hash marks on it. Can't do it anymore. Won't. 

First, I did not know of the host or his show but certainly knew of Aaron Rodgers as we followed the Packers for many years. But the whole 'talking head' sports stuff whether NFL or NCAA I just tune out. However, after some game on ESPN one night my husband must've turned the tv off and so McAfee show's was on and I made it for five minutes max because in addition to him and his brofriends not talking football, they were surrounded by toys/memorabilia and it was a lot like the same eye-glazing nausea one might get from the Home Shopping Network. I know a lot of fans collect stuff/get autographs but these guys better not make fun of the Comic Con set cause they're just a different flavor of the same lollipop. So I hear you, Chooky, I hear you.

Second, ditto on the suits with sneakers. I understand that some show hosts wear shorts, etc if they're behind a desk and it's not visible but if you're camera from head-to-toe then I want either a sharp dressed person or if they've got bonafides as a former athlete then at least something professional and not 'Mom made me wear the clothes and I picked out the shoes.' If my husband is watching pre-game, I either wait until the game starts to sit down or mentally critique the tie and suit combos. Since females are usually sideline reporters, that's another one where practicality has to actually meet performance because they're actually on the field.

Finally, I don't care about an athlete's sexuality or gender preference (No CR). But if it's really important to them personally that they project an image one way or another, they could easily do a PR relationship with an NDA. It's done in Hollywood all the time and is no big deal. As long as nothing criminal is going on (DV, assault, minor, etc) then two adults doing adult things is none of my business and has no bearing on the game.

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

McAfee, Barstool, and Joe Rogan are part of the man-boy / broification of men.

IMO it’s an offshoot of the changing gender norms. As the definition of masculinity changes, it’s a weird offshoot of it that both rejects new and old ideas of masculinity in a kind of Peter Pan never grow up kind of way…. But then also leaning into older ideas of ‘conservative’ themes and toxic masculinity. 

To me it’s like a Main Street at Disney land. A celebration of something, but its representation is of something that never actually existed and kind of gets its all wrong.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Seriously, did I miss a Toastmaster's meeting in the last few years where they told you that making constant hand gestures like you're handling dicks is the best way to command respect in a public speaking forum?  What in the fuck?  noCR, but what the fuck with "Alpha Men" just constantly playing with poltergeist balls these days?  

image.png.ae163ed84daa2d60e9e08743155892f9.png

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I long ago established the policy of changing the channel as soon as I saw a guy in a suit holding a piece of sports equipment, so I'd like to sign up for your newsletter. 

Now wait a damn second. I've seen Pedro demonstrate pitch grips on MLB Network in a suit so your policy has a flaw. 

6 hours ago, Blotto said:

I  wish I could get the email addresses for the 50K that tune in daily. Anyone stupid enough to listen to that meathead jack himself off every day is ripe for a  fleecing. Just send them an offer to buy an Aaron Rodgers immunity coin for like $99.95. 

I had never watched one second of his show until this past Christmas when I was in an airport bar.  I said to myself "People watch this during the day?  Who?  Unemployed 23 year olds?"

17 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Now wait a damn second. I've seen Pedro demonstrate pitch grips on MLB Network in a suit so your policy has a flaw. 

Fair point that I'd agree with, but I'd trade that for never having to see Mark De Rosa carry around a bat for no reason while he's narrating highlights.

I mean, this is the absolute worst:

• Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Fair point that I'd agree with, but I'd trade that for never having to see Mark De Rosa carry around a bat for no reason while he's narrating highlights.

I mean, this is the absolute worst:

Wow, hadn't seen that. Maybe my Pedro point is the exception that proves the rule.

giphy.gif

Aaron went to Berkley and must’ve hated everyone

On 1/10/2024 at 3:07 PM, Dnaguy said:

IMO it’s an offshoot of the changing gender norms. As the definition of masculinity changes, it’s a weird offshoot of it that both rejects new and old ideas of masculinity in a kind of Peter Pan never grow up kind of way…. But then also leaning into older ideas of ‘conservative’ themes and toxic masculinity. 

You get that from Joe Rogan? What a weird take. You guys (Can I call you that?) should keep all of this crap in the Cloak Room

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1