2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

9 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

A few politicians make decisions that they know will lose them elections. A very few. And usually that’s after extracting a concession of a lucrative lobbying job to be lined up as a soft landing after said loss. 
most politicians, of any stripe and flavor, don’t dot things they know will cause them to lose. 
I know everyone on here hates Paul Ryan but that’s why I like him- he basically never endorsed Trump and then quit rather than work with him. The Romney/ryan ticket had moral courage. It got buttfucked at the ballot box. Seems like that’s a bad lesson for other politicians to show moral courage. 

Give one fucking example of a GOP politician in the last 12 years making a decision that they know will lose them re-election.  One.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

In their shared hour, ABC and Biden had 12.71 million viewers for a 22% lead over NBC and Trump (meaning I guess they had an average of 8.13 million viewers or so).

So if it were a viewership poll Biden won it 61-39%.

edit - never mind, totally depends on what they meant by a 22% lead. Works out even better the other way. If they mean that Biden had 122% of the viewers of Trump then Trump had about 10.42 million on average. Guess what that works out to in a 100% total poll?

Biden 55%
Trump 45%

Really freaking close to the actual polls right now. So the unsurprising news is that it seems that most Americans just watched these to confirm their preconceptions.

Right wing radio is saying people were tuning in to see if Biden would comment on Burisma and to see a gaffe.

11 hours ago, heso said:

Again, this was all plainly obvious before he decided to run for office. Anyone that got fooled by Trump is a fucking moron. His presidency hasn’t been the slightest bit surprising in any way. The only thing that has surprised me is the number of people that fell for it. 

100% this. Out of the range of possibilities about how Trump's presidency could have been, we're actually below the middle. The only real surprise to me is that our budget deficits haven't been worse.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I don't know if or where we're discussing the NY Post story, but this is fairly beautiful. My pessimistic side feels like there are plenty of people who this should hit close to home for who won't even notice the crater, but I hope some of those dependable Trump voters in impoverished rural areas gutted by addiction see this kind of thing from Biden and understand what it is
My dad is a lifelong and well connected republican, voting for Biden. But still watching Fox News all the time and living in that reality.

Hard to square. He could very well change his mind at the polls after being fed that nonsense.

On 10/15/2020 at 9:55 PM, totallynotabuttpirate said:

How GRHorn hasn't been negged back to his facebook group for his shitty trolling is beyond me. 

I'd have to take him off ignore to neg him.  Not worth it.  

On 10/15/2020 at 11:11 PM, henrygandorf said:

biden has more money than he can spend, but we should spend it all anyway.  make trumpers scared to turn on the fucking tv.

He's throwing another 16 mil at Texas

14 hours ago, Pancho said:

Keep voting for those Republican judges, Lobo.  And the senators who keep approving their appointments.  

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

You need to freak out if they don’t have a good spread 

He has a super bowl party every year and it’s during the waste mgt golf tourney which is always a damn good time.  Usually a bunch of legit food trucks.  Well as legit as a food truck can get in Scottsdale.  I’ll make sure they know who’s shit they should spit in. 

34 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He has a bald eagle coming.  You really can’t make this shit up.  I’m praying he doesn’t call it off.  

I was curious.  Apparently you can rent a bald eagle for $450 for the first hour and $100 for each additional hour.  Seems reasonable.

• Haha 1

Just tuned in for a presentation on the likely take of a Biden admin on relations with the Korean Peninsula (family member is active in the field and worked with Biden for years).

God, the contrasts. It’s just jaw-dropping how far we’ve fallen, and how fast. A transactional approach to a foreign relationship is the dumbest fucking path imaginable, and it’s what we’ve pursued across the board for 4 years now.

Imagine if you were the breadwinner, and told your wife “I will deposit spending money in our account only if you clean the house top to bottom twice a week, and blow me at least three times a week. Those items are non-negotiable.” Even if she yielded to your demand....how good of a marriage/relationship would you have going forward? When you get sick, and need someone to genuinely care for you....is she gonna be there? If you get laid off...is she gonna stick around, and support you while you scramble to find work?

We’ve pissed all over so many essential relationships, for fucking nothing. We’ve actually lost ground, even from a transactional perspective, all over.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Your Mom said:

That’s a similar reason I tuned in the Trump broadcast. The ratings mean nothing, people like hearing who they disagree with. 

I don’t think this is true and haven’t seen any evidence in my studies.

Now I’ve seen a ton of research on confirmation bias, which is why I suspect his ratings were just his base/people tuning in to see him “pwn” Savannah and confirm what they already believe about him, his presidency, and what type of person he is. 

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We’ve pissed all over so many essential relationships, for fucking nothing. We’ve actually lost ground, even from a transactional perspective, all over.

Yep, not only is a transactional relationship the completely wrong way to conduct foreign relations, he also sucks at it. 

27 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep, not only is a transactional relationship the completely wrong way to conduct foreign relations, he also sucks at it. 

Clearly you don't comprehend the art of the deal. 

Always walk away from the table, and then immediately return and counter with a deal that's worse for you than the one you walked away from. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

sooo...i don't understand why this isn't more at the forefront of Biden's campaign, why they aren't bringing it up more...seems like nothing but a winner across all demographics...

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/cannabis-in-the-presidential-race-biden-harris-pledge-to-decriminalize-marijuana

"Under a Biden-Harris administration, we will decriminalize the use of marijuana and automatically expunge all marijuana-use convictions and end incarceration for drug use alone," Harris stated. "This is no time for half-steppin'. This is no time for incrementalism. We need to deal with the system and there needs to be significant change in the design of the system."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Mez’s neighbors gonna be calling ICE on his ass.  Nice knowing you, man.

Ha,  that's my parents house and their neighbor,  middle aged white guy and wife - typical white collar couple - asked my parents how they could get one for their yard.  Im gonna send one their way. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Just tuned in for a presentation on the likely take of a Biden admin on relations with the Korean Peninsula (family member is active in the field and worked with Biden for years).

God, the contrasts. It’s just jaw-dropping how far we’ve fallen, and how fast. A transactional approach to a foreign relationship is the dumbest fucking path imaginable, and it’s what we’ve pursued across the board for 4 years now.

Imagine if you were the breadwinner, and told your wife “I will deposit spending money in our account only if you clean the house top to bottom twice a week, and blow me at least three times a week. Those items are non-negotiable.” Even if she yielded to your demand....how good of a marriage/relationship would you have going forward? When you get sick, and need someone to genuinely care for you....is she gonna be there? If you get laid off...is she gonna stick around, and support you while you scramble to find work?

I dunno. Three BJs a week is pretty strong. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fellside said:

Just voted for Biden in Tarrant County. Took about 3 minutes.

I have three siblings who are all conservative evangelicals and each has a conservative evangelical spouse.  All 6 of them will be voting for a democrat in a presidential election for the first time.  My Mom was born in the 50s and I believe this will be her first time as well.

I'm curious if Biden can win Tarrant county.  Hillary lost it by about 8 points but 3% went to Gary Johnson. 

Biden will win Tarrant county. Trump isn't going to outperform Cruz.