2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, DigDug said:

Man Fox News is still pushing that Trump narrative. (shocking I know)

They give every opening and excuse for voting patterns and discrepancies and baseless accusations. So slanted and disingenuous.  And the rubes still eat it up.

The only thing Fox News could really do to muddy up the waters is take back their Arizona call. The fact that they haven't done that with Biden pulling ahead in Georgia and PA about to be out of Trump's reach speaks to the fact they are just riding the edge of the line. If they were totally in the tank for him, they would pull back Arizona immediately. 

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Good analysis.

This is where Trump's governmental and general incompetence is finally biting him in the ass.

In litigation between private parties over a contract or some such, you'd be surprised how well incompetent bluster works.  The whole Trump MO of flooding the channel with BS can delay and postpone the final reckoning for an indeterminate amount of time.  And all along, the opposing party is spending attorneys fees and time and getting increasingly frustrated.  This whole scenario can work in a person like Trump's favor, driving his opponent to a settlement just so s/he can unstick himself from the Trump tar baby.

Any litigator on here will confirm.

But this kind of stuff, where you actually have to have a cogent legal position, credible evidence, and decent attorneys and not just blowhard assholes, has never worked for Trump and isn't about to start now.

Also, I have a certain faith in the judiciary.  Yes, a partisan judge might indulge partisanship when presented with a close call and little or no other basis for decision.  But you have to give them a close call.  Trumpco is not good at that.

I'd say you have to give them something that looks like a close call, but otherwise I agree. SCOTUS has at least 3 justices who would be willing to steal an election for Trump, but they're not willing to be as blatant as he needs them to be because he was too lazy to build the foundation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

I like it but Boockvar is still pending before SCOTUS and it looks much meatier than the other challenges.

Yes, that is a serious case.  I'm not sure that SCOTUS will invalidate votes cast in good faith, though.

For the peanut gallery, the PA lege in Mar 2020 revised the election law to liberalize mail in voting.  However, it required votes to be received by 8PM on election day.

The PA Supreme Court then went on to judicially modify that to votes received three days after election day, if postmarked on or before election day, or with no or a blurred postmark.  Ostensibly because of Covid.  But the whole March enactment was because of Covid.

That's a helluva fact pattern and is gonna take some serious dancing by PA authorities.

Edited by TwiceHorn

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I got to get me some of them shades. Y'all think they'll look that good on a guy with a shaved head driving a subaru outback (no lesbo)?

I don’t care if you have Hunter Biden’s giant dong, you’re still a bit Indigo Girls (says the guy who drives a VW Alltrack). 

Edited by Bateshorn

46 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Electoral College preserves the separation of the states' power and protects the citizens' vote from Federal influence.  With no electoral college, we would run the risk of a single court ruling halting all vote counts.  State by state control creates an avalanche that cheeto and friends are unable to combat.

This is an important point that is not considered by enough people. The federal government would almost certainly claim control over a national popular vote.

• Hook 'Em 5

They always take a long time. Other states are still counting too. Other states just aren’t that close and the split of mail/in-person is so heavily weighted by partisan affiliation.

Many of those states are allowing mail-in ballots for the first time ever. Usually there are tens of thousands. In some states, there are millions. R’s did this to themselves by not allowing them to start counting until the polls closed on Tues night.

16 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

But what happens when you get a competent R version of Trump with the same philosophies (Tom Cotton?) who has a clear and direct plan to weaponize the R aligned judiciary?

I think what we saw here was the Tea Party getting co-opted by Trump and it brought in enough very vocal support that it scared what were long-term, even-keeled Rs like Lindsey Graham into the fold. Also, Trump may have whipped up all the popular support, but it was Mitch McConnell who weaponized the power that the popular support brought. Mitch is still here.

10 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

I'll take this opportunity to eat crow, y'all were right in the primary. Biden was the candidate we needed to beat Trump.

He wasn't who I initially supported.  I supported Harris.  But in retrospect, I don't think Harris wins.

And damned if I didn't come around to really supporting Biden somewhere along the way.  I think he will actually be a good president.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

We might need a Georgia run-off thread but I'll put this here since Georgia will be on our minds for a while. We have a chance at 2 senate seats and giving us the Senate. That fucking turtle asshole might just get flipped on his back. 

In for c-note.  Will give more once confirmed that senate runoff is on.

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm not worried about everyone else in the GOP.  Fundamentally, they are of no consequence for this mix.  To the voters who support the party, Trump IS the party.  Whatever he says -- and he is going to say a metric shit ton of dangerous shit -- is what will govern their behavior.

Agree. The Q lady who was stopped earlier this year who was heading to harm people? She was not the only person who felt it was her call to action.

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Fuck it, I'll do it.

Can I call shotgun? And does anyone know where I can buy grenades? I've always wanted to try my hand at those. I can toss a mean skiball on the midway.

Edit--that is a joke. Repeat a joke. If it's against ToS, let me know and I'll take it out.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

32 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So Trump is going to end up the biggest loser in American presidential history if you by the popular vote?  By the time California is done counting, could be close to a 7mm delta?  

And 306-232 is not all that close either.  That would put it barely in the Top 15 closest EC elections of all time, not really the head-scratcher he's painting it out to be.  

That is true but if WI+10, GA+16 had flipped, and then AZ+11 could still goes Trump, with (NC+15 and AK+3) that would result in a Trump win.

Those two states (WI and GA) look like they will be a total of something like 25k total more votes for Biden. That is how close this thing was if AZ does flip.

That is pretty crazy. 

Edited by hornbri

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

He wasn't who I initially supported.  I supported Harris.  But in retrospect, I don't think Harris wins.

And damned if I didn't come around to really supporting Biden somewhere along the way.  I think he will actually be a good president.

I think we're too close to this to have any real idea about counterfactuals, whether it be a different candidate, no covid, or anything else. The only thing I feel any more sure about today than I did last week are that most people's politics are fucking weird and dumb and confusing.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Hang on now. It appears our celebration may be premature:

Does he know that if that mustache keeps coming in, he looks exactly like every pedophile from the 1970's?  

3 minutes ago, landman said:

I don't want people in California deciding what is best for me in Texas.  

This is so incredibly lazy. California doesn't decide your mayor, your state senator, your representative, or anything else in your state. But we all vote for our President. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2