2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Just now, Goofyboy said:

Is Trumps end game trying to get the House to vote him back in for four more years?? Hold up the certification at the state level and force the House to have a vote?

His end game is to sow enough discord in the process to convince idiots that he didn't lose, he was cheated. Literally nothing more. Even he's not dumb enough to think there's a path to actually winning this.

• Like 1

His end game is to sow enough discord in the process to convince idiots that he didn't lose, he was cheated. Literally nothing more. Even he's not dumb enough to think there's a path to actually winning this.

It’s 2020. I want this shit over and done and that fucking prick gone. Any chance he has to make it back is terrifying.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

I mean, the RGV still voted Democratic. Trump team just found a lot of low propensity voters to get out. Latinos in DFW, Houston, CenTex, etc. vote Democratic overwhelmingly.

At the end of the day, it isn’t Latinos keeping Texas red. For that, look toward the whites.

My sister who lives in the valley believes that a factor was the oil industry. She is a high school counselor and a lot of them have parents that work in the fields. Some of the students are anxious  to work in the field and were concerned that the fracking would dry up and there wouldn't be that many jobs under the Democrats. 

14 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He’s said it out loud for months too. Yet, here we are. 

26 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Any good info on the angle that 130,000 votes came in one night for Biden, with 0 (ZERO) for Trump?  All I can find is that some media outlet accidently added a zero to a Biden vote count, taking it from 15,XXX to 15X,XX0.  It was soon corrected.  Is that the whole of the "controversy"?

God damn Trump supporters are stupid.

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1604631132945.jpg

cross posting from the satirical memes thread.

@Bozo_Casanova, once upon a time.

How about ban the personal strawman argument by posters. This wouldn't include quotes from others or inadvertent strawmen for obvious reasons, but those original to the poster directed at others on the board.

Move posts containing them to a "$#@!ty argumention" metathread.

Perspectives should always be welcome, but I'm not sure what the value is of welcoming low quality posts. Banning a particular structure of argument would thus eliminate (or at least repeatedly correct) people who lack the capacity or aptitude to either abide by the rule or the cleverness to disguise a fallacy.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

It’s 2020. I want this shit over and done and that fucking prick gone. Any chance he has to make it back is terrifying.

As long as you don't think that widespread interstate corruption was going on--and that Rudy Giuliani can prove said corruption--we'll be just fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Trump back in June. His goal was always to sow doubt in democracy.

He doesn’t have a goal other than trying to give himself cover for a loss. He knew he was going to lose. He’s just too much of a coward to own it. The fact so many indulge this crybaby bullshit is infuriating 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Trump back in June. His goal was always to sow doubt in democracy.

Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

You could argue that he's been preparing for this moment since 2016, when he claimed that he would have won the popular vote if not for illegal voting.

I'm legitimately saddened by how many of my otherwise sane friends can't see this incredibly obviously set up.

10 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

whos gonna pay for them, they weren't cheap

the American people. Now one might chime in and say no, that’s not legal. Yeah, that’s stopped him so far in 4 years. Our system is poorly set up to enforce laws against elected politicians

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I just wonder how many more Trump votes some of you could have garnered for Trump had you just tried a little bit harder?  Were you really in service to the nation as you let your leader down?

-You could have prayed the shit out of that prayer for Trump just a little bit more.

-You could have put one more sticker or flag on your boat or truck.

-You could have owned one more gun or closed one more CNN tab on your computer or turned off one more NFL game with kneeling players.  

You had so many chances to do so much more for America, but you failed.  Instead of yelling at the rest of us, you just voted, went home, and stayed silent.  Trump needed you and you barely helped him out during Grace.  

They didn't yell loud enough or long enough.  They need to practice.  A late-night, super-spreader event would send the right message.

And in addition to swag, don't forget about bling, and flair.

They failed to implement and enforce a minimum flair requirement.

And God was watching.  They may go to hell over this failure.

In fact, they should have made symbolic sacrifices to out the devil using flame.

Large, gigantic, offerings of flame.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

@Bozo_Casanova, once upon a time.

How about ban the personal strawman argument by posters. This wouldn't include quotes from others or inadvertent strawmen for obvious reasons, but those original to the poster directed at others on the board.

Move posts containing them to a "$#@!ty argumention" metathread.

Perspectives should always be welcome, but I'm not sure what the value is of welcoming low quality posts. Banning a particular structure of argument would thus eliminate (or at least repeatedly correct) people who lack the capacity or aptitude to either abide by the rule or the cleverness to disguise a fallacy.

Do you have a giant folder of archived posts, likely called "Surly Grievances and Other Ammo"?

• Haha 4

Having been born and raised outside of Corpus and having lived in Laredo and Seguin for several years, I have to say the move from blue to red by enough of the Hispanics really got me to wondering why as well, and how to change that going forward.   These are some of my takes.   I'm sure some of them are wrong and antiquated, but I'm  just throwing them out for discussion.

1)  Seems the culture lends itself to patrician ideals more than others, and machismo plays a big part in day to day life and interactions.   The mexican women for the most part don't seem as independent as other races, particularly the black woman.

2) Catholicism plays a huge part in their system, and it helps maintain the male dominance.   And people who believe strictly in all that 'virgin birth' and other things catholicism expects them to believe, then they would be ripe for a lot of the simpler assertions (lies) Trump kept spouting.   I talked to two angry opinionated Hispanic men on the Hotline that cursed all Dems for killing babies.  

3) Governmental graft and corruption is more historically out in the open in Mexico.   But here in the states they have been victim of it time and again (see LULAC).  Maybe the whole "looking down on the immigrant" thing is tied to that?

4) Covid cost them a lot, and the shut downs didn't help that either.  Trump and the GOP showing bravado in going door to door made the Dems look weak.  

5) Education has to play a part too.  Or lack of.  Part of that whole insecurity/needing to belong category.

6) Someone here I think mentioned how many Hispanics on the border work good jobs out of high school for Border Patrol, INS, etc.  There was a precinct in El Paso that had a CBP parade of about 6 of their pickups driving by nearly every hour.   They didn't say anything, but they would put their sun visors down, and the Trump stickers on them spoke for them.  

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Do you have a giant folder of archived posts, likely called "Surly Grievances and Other Ammo"?

Nah, I just remember certain posts from posters that I have an inclination to respect.  Like the time you called me a pathological liar because you fail at reading comprehension. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

My sister who lives in the valley believes that a factor was the oil industry. She is a high school counselor and a lot of them have parents that work in the fields. Some of the students are anxious  to work in the field and were concerned that the fracking would dry up and there wouldn't be that many jobs under the Democrats. 

they see the Anglo owners and supervisors of these o/g companies being die hard trumpers and want to follow. I’ve seen it a lot these past four years 

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Nah, I just remember certain posts from posters that I have an inclination to respect.  Like the time you called me a pathological liar because you fail at reading comprehension. 

Gotcha.  Your ability to find those posts is fairly otherworldly, but no doubt uses some geeked out site: etc. bullshit that I couldn't be bothered to remember.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

These reports are changing daily. Yesterday Kushner was the one asking him to consider conceding the race. 

Today it’s Meadows and Melania. 

Tomorrow it will be Ivanka. 

Tuesday, Slappy White will rise from the grave to plead with Trump to concede.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Gotcha.  Your ability to find those posts is fairly otherworldly, but no doubt uses some geeked out site: etc. bullshit that I couldn't be bothered to remember.

Sorry if you guys don't like it when your own posts are put back in front of you. 

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

One adviser who attended Trump's election night party at the White House tells me the president had "whiplash" watching his lead diminish over the ensuing days.

"He went to bed thinking he won. We all felt good," the Trump adviser said. "That's why we collectively are still confounded.

Good.

Trump knows he will never even get to court, much less win.  He just wants to be able to raise enough of a stink so that when he finally gives up he can say "I know I was the winner, but I am willing to sacrifice myself to save our country all this grief" or some comparable pile of lying bullshit as per usual.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is fucked up. 

I'm just going to assume that there is no transition, and when Team Biden shows up to work, there's going to be....literally nothing.  It's not as if the outgoing administration is top notch, but they are taking their cues from their boss, who simply doesn't respect any rule or law.

Just now, AnTiM said:

Trump knows he will never even get to court, much less win.  He just wants to be able to raise enough of a stink so that when he finally gives up he can say "I know I was the winner, but I am willing to sacrifice myself to save our country all this grief" or some comparable pile of lying bullshit as per usual.

Nope. Dragged from the White House in a straight jacket is more likely. 

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm just going to assume that there is no transition, and when Team Biden shows up to work, there's going to be....literally nothing.  It's not as if the outgoing administration is top notch, but they are taking their cues from their boss, who simply doesn't respect any rule or law.

Trump is going to strip the copper, metaphorically or literally 

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Listen my Pub buddies, and I have a fuckload are pretty confident that Trump is going to muck this up.  What can really happen here?

What can happen here is simply that in the worst possible case it could come down to a choice  of one vote per state for president.  Given that there were more red states than blue, guess what happens then.

• Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

they see the Anglo owners and supervisors of these o/g companies being die hard trumpers and want to follow. I’ve seen it a lot these past four years 

I don't know about that. It was the radio spots and Telemundo ads about Biden being against Fracking  that was effective.