Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

36 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It’s literally what you put Brisket.

It is?  I said "an anti trump would have prevented all the deaths?"  Cool  Quote me.  There's a function for it and everything -- do it, you lying sack of shit. You are cut from the same fetid, morally bankrupt, selfish, malevolent sociopathic cloth as your God King.  Quote me where I said that.

Your descent into permanent residence of the slime that you merely wallowed in before is nearly complete.  Do it.  Finish the job.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But he’s got your support and your vote.

You can go to fucking hell. This was exactly what we expected from Trump - we saw it coming a mile away. You and the other enablers made this happen. This is on you. You don’t ever get to wash this stain from your hands. Ever.

You chose to support evil, feed evil, and evil is what we got.

I’ve posted here that I’m not voting for him, you angry little man. 

Although not for reasons related to how many Corona tests we’ve produced or who he’s talked badly about. 

You direct a lot of insults my way and that’s fine. It’s the norm here. I have my faults, but there’s only one of us who has had to step away from the board because they were going off the deep end.

I don’t think this place is healthy for you. You seem to be getting more aggressive and upset as time passes by. Like maybe turn off your phone and your tv for a week? You need a reset. 

God speed, Brisket. 

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It is?  I said "an anti trump would have prevented all the deaths?"  Cool  Quote me.  There's a function for it and everything -- do it, you lying sack of shit. You are cut from the same fetid, morally bankrupt, selfish, malevolent sociopathic cloth as your God King.  Quote me where I said that.

Your descent into permanent residence of the slime that you merely wallowed in before is nearly complete.  Do it.  Finish the job.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

When some fucksticks killed 3,000 Americans with their asshattery, I thought it was time to raise the black flag and start slitting throats.

Kill 80,000 and counting with your selfish decisions?

You implied selfish decisions were responsible for 80,000 deaths. At least that’s how it came across to me.

As I was saying, your negativity is getting out of hand. You make it hard to be polite. You need to calm down. 

Edited by GRHorn

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Do you think that with a different president in charge the results would have been as bad? Because if you do then you’re simply lying. This has been a failure in every way from our president and it has caused more deaths than we otherwise would have seen.

Dick Cheney would have shot this coronavirus in the face, and the virus would have apologized to Cheney for causing such an inconvenience to him and his family. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

80,000 dead Americans.  And climbing.  Encouraging armed yahoos to march on state capitols.  Lying repeatedly about the greatest crisis the world has experienced in generations.  All while continuing to steer graft to himself and his cronies.  Spending an entire day tweeting fucking insults.  Never even a word of empathy or leadership for the American people.  Putting his unqualified son in law in charge of the greatest endeavor we've faced as a country since WWII.  And the list goes fucking on, and gets even fucking worse.  With Trump, it ONLY gets worse.  It never gets better.

The time for fucking manners is OVER.  Fuck "polite."  I'm done with being polite.   I'm done with treating ANYONE who EVER supported Trump (especially those who continue to enable and excuse him) with any measure of politeness.  Not even a fucking speck.  They are LITERALLY enemies of humanity.  How and why in the blue fuck would I treat those people with any fucking "politeness?"  The deserve our contempt, scorn, and if we can muster it, our hatred.  That's what it will take to root out their evil and bullshit.

My negativity is exactly where it needs to be.  I'm done.  Enough, basta.  This fucking joke is over.  It was never funny, but standing next to a mountain of corpses and a shattered economy, its depravity couldn't be more apparent.  

You tell me that I'm negative?  That I make it hard to be polite?  GOOD.  That's the greatest goddamned praise I could hope for.  I hope that I make you uncomfortable.  I hope you know that there are millions like me.  And we've had enough of your shit, because it's killing my countrymen and ruining lives.  There is one decent place to be in this world -- opposing anything and everything associated with a regime of depravity, evil, and cruelty in the name of self-interest.  Anything other than that is morally indefensible.

YOU are morally indefensible.  As if anyone believes that you won't "reluctantly" pull the lever for a man who you excuse and support at almost every opportunity.  Have the balls to be what you are.  At least have that.  You'll at least be a piece of shit with some dignity.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

80,000 dead Americans.  And climbing.  Encouraging armed yahoos to march on state capitols.  Lying repeatedly about the greatest crisis the world has experienced in generations.  All while continuing to steer graft to himself and his cronies.  Spending an entire day tweeting fucking insults.  Never even a word of empathy or leadership for the American people.  Putting his unqualified son in law in charge of the greatest endeavor we've faced as a country since WWII.  And the list goes fucking on, and gets even fucking worse.  With Trump, it ONLY gets worse.  It never gets better.
The time for fucking manners is OVER.  Fuck "polite."  I'm done with being polite.   I'm done with treating ANYONE who EVER supported Trump (especially those who continue to enable and excuse him) with any measure of politeness.  Not even a fucking speck.  They are LITERALLY enemies of humanity.  How and why in the blue fuck would I treat those people with any fucking "politeness?"  The deserve our contempt, scorn, and if we can muster it, our hatred.  That's what it will take to root out their evil and bullshit.
My negativity is exactly where it needs to be.  I'm done.  Enough, basta.  This fucking joke is over.  It was never funny, but standing next to a mountain of corpses and a shattered economy, its depravity couldn't be more apparent.  
You tell me that I'm negative?  That I make it hard to be polite?  GOOD.  That's the greatest goddamned praise I could hope for.  I hope that I make you uncomfortable.  I hope you know that there are millions like me.  And we've had enough of your shit, because it's killing my countrymen and ruining lives.  There is one decent place to be in this world -- opposing anything and everything associated with a regime of depravity, evil, and cruelty in the name of self-interest.  Anything other than that is morally indefensible.
YOU are morally indefensible.  As if anyone believes that you won't "reluctantly" pull the lever for a man who you excuse and support at almost every opportunity.  Have the balls to be what you are.  At least have that.  You'll at least be a piece of shit with some dignity.

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nice rant. One of your longer ones.

Have you ever considered how much of your kids’ unhappiness and unease during this time is that they have to live with a raving lunatic, all the while realizing they’re probably fucked because half their genes come from someone with such a troubled mind? Unfortunately your kids can’t escape the black cloud that follows you, but I can. 

Adieu. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 16

Wow.

Using his justifiable anger at you and people like you to imply he’s a bad parent with mental illness.

Every accusation is a confession.

How do your kids feel about having you as a parent?

Not exactly dispelling the overall opinion that you’re a Trump cocksucker because you’re acting straight out of his playbook.

• Like 2

Just now, GRHorn said:

Nice rant. One of your longer ones.

Have you ever considered how much of your kids’ unhappiness and unease during this time is that they have to live with a raving lunatic, all the while realizing they’re probably fucked because half their genes come from someone with such a troubled mind? Unfortunately your kids can’t escape the black cloud that follows you, but I can. 

Adieu. 

Have your kids realized that their dad has supported the most vile piece of shit in American history?

Have they realized that they will have to explain to their own children the deep family shame of coming from a family that supported the regime that fully and finally, without hesitation or shame, destroyed a country on the altar of narcissistic evil?

Imagine how the grandchildren of nazis feel -- that's how your descendants will feel.

My children are perfectly capable of their own thoughts, and do their own homework.  That they've reached a similar conclusion (albeit without the level of "fuck you" I have -- I'm a fighter, by personality and profession) is a point of goddamned pride.  If I had kids who were apathetic to the suffering inflicted on millions by an evil regime I would have utterly failed as a parent.  I didn't raise children to support evil or to stand idly by while evil is done.  Again, your contempt is some of the greatest praise I have ever received.  It warms my heart.

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’ve posted here that I’m not voting for him, you angry little man. 

Although not for reasons related to how many Corona tests we’ve produced or who he’s talked badly about. 

You direct a lot of insults my way and that’s fine. It’s the norm here. I have my faults, but there’s only one of us who has had to step away from the board because they were going off the deep end.

I don’t think this place is healthy for you. You seem to be getting more aggressive and upset as time passes by. Like maybe turn off your phone and your tv for a week? You need a reset. 

God speed, Brisket. 

If you really believe the 2nd half of your post then why would you egg him on with this part? Why do you insist on arguing like my wife with that passive aggressive shit?

4 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Abbott needs to have a presser where he tells everyone to keep a bandanna in their passenger seat. Half the bullshit about being a pussy lib or anger with forgetting it when going to HEB will disappear overnight cause it will travel with you. 

This. Wearing a bandanna is a lot more palatable to the "I'm a man, I'm not wearing one of those pussy fave masks" public than telling them they have to wear some goofy looking face mask. This is Texas, where the American cowboy was pretty much born (albeit with the help of the Spanish/Mexican vaqueros, but we don't really need to emphasize that part right now). Bandannas and cowboys go together like bacon and more bacon. If we actually made am effort to encourage people to just wear a bandanna we could actually make a difference.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

This. Wearing a bandanna is a lot more palatable to the "I'm a man, I'm not wearing one of those pussy fave masks" public than telling them they have to wear some goofy looking face mask. This is Texas, where the American cowboy was pretty much born (albeit with the help of the Spanish/Mexican vaqueros, but we don't really need to emphasize that part right now). Bandannas and cowboys go together like bacon and more bacon. If we actually made am effort to encourage people to just wear a bandanna we could actually make a difference.

an attempt was made:
F32QVW5UINCGDCDI636VX6TWH4.jpg

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes - that's egregious.  The not testing them part or offering them a script to go get tested.  She can walk into a variety of places and get a test.  Hell send me a DM and I'll write her a script/call it in to a lab for her.  That's BS. 

Wanker Bob appears to be a full on troll. Testing in Texas is really easy now and there is no way any medical facility in Texas would say anything of the sort he’s alleging. Maybe he read it on Facebook.

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This is the proper response.  Telling them NOT to get tested?  That seems like a good path to creating liability for 1) illness of one of your workers getting worse because they weren't diagnosed via test early, and 2) letting that infected worker infect a patient, when you could have found out the worker was infected and taken them off the floor.

This. And nobody is doing that because of those things. If they were it would get out very quickly and with worse consequences. The fucking corporate legal service companies are continuing WFH in part because of those issues.

8 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

We do not have any masks, but we have bandanas.

In the early going, between being told masks were ineffective and should be reserved for health care workers, we did nothing to acquire any.  Plus they were hard to find.

So, bandanas it is.

One of the best bandanas I have seen was a guy wearing a Cub Scout neckerchief.  I have some lying around somewhere, but haven't found them yet.

And yes, we keep them in the car.  I have made several mountain biking trips where I have no intention of encountering another human at even six feet, but found myself stopping for gas or a coke and not having a mask.  Same for just driving around for shits n giggles.

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

fake news.  Correlation is not causation.  False equivalency!  And other things...of that nature.

It's impossible my state is this stupid.

Edited by Lobo

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

We do not have any masks, but we have bandanas.

In the early going, between being told masks were ineffective and should be reserved for health care workers, we did nothing to acquire any.  Plus they were hard to find.

So, bandanas it is.

One of the best bandanas I have seen was a guy wearing a Cub Scout neckerchief.  I have some lying around somewhere, but haven't found them yet.

And yes, we keep them in the car.  I have made several mountain biking trips where I have no intention of encountering another human at even six feet, but found myself stopping for gas or a coke and not having a mask.  Same for just driving around for shits n giggles.

I have a Home Depot paint department N95 I keep in my truck for the same reasons. I leave it on the dash figuring the heat and UV rays will kill anything that gets on it. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the author, but I believe he is smart to put the brakes on the "encouragement."

While testing has increased, IMO,  hospitalizations due to people expanding their interactions from May 1 has yet to be realized. If one considers that Easter was April 12 and there were people who gathered, etc, around 3 weeks from that was one of Texas highest hospitalization series. Granted, the overall hospitalizations has not increased by a lot over time and that is encouraging, but am I wrong to think that perhaps the next two weeks will provide a clearer picture? That would be three to four weeks after opening Phase 1. Problem arises, however, with Memorial Day at the end of the month. At least most people gather outdoors for that one.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
edit
  • Like 1

^ You are correct. We're in the lull where people foresaw takes exactly like the Haake tweets, celebrating numbers that go back before easing of restrictions. Around Memorial Day is when we can expect to see those numbers rising. 

But it could work out. Hopefully the lessons learned from March combined with continued protection of the elderly will make it more of a mini-jump than a spike.

16 minutes ago, Bartles said:

^ You are correct. We're in the lull where people foresaw takes exactly like the Haake tweets, celebrating numbers that go back before easing of restrictions. Around Memorial Day is when we can expect to see those numbers rising. 

But it could work out. Hopefully the lessons learned from March combined with continued protection of the elderly will make it more of a mini-jump than a spike.

I know there were several folks here saying exactly that: that the second phase was too soon after the first for data to be meaningful. What with the right promoting protests, however, the danger seemed to be that any longer delay for Phase 2 was going to be met with more people simply defying the orders and that starts to create other issues in addition to the spread of disease. No easy answer for that one other than leadership that didn't promote chaos would have been nice.....

• Like 1

It's still too early to know. There's increases to highest level yet numbers but still under the "our medical system is fucked" threshold, but we're still in the lag zone. Is anyone counting total deaths? There's bound to be a lot of people that need hospitalization but never make it because they wait too long out of fear of the cost and just die at home. 

We should hold off on celebration until we make it to the first weeks of June with no major spike. 

8 hours ago, justhookit said:

Wanker Bob appears to be a full on troll. Testing in Texas is really easy now and there is no way any medical facility in Texas would say anything of the sort he’s alleging. Maybe he read it on Facebook.

This. And nobody is doing that because of those things. If they were it would get out very quickly and with worse consequences. The fucking corporate legal service companies are continuing WFH in part because of those issues.

It's not that there aren't any tests available it's that the administration was refusing to get it's employees tested after a known exposure. Yesterday many of the workers in the office went to the administration in unison and now it's in limbo as the administration "is still working up the case from Friday". If they cave and test them great, and if not hopefully she can get one through here. That should have never been a question though, especially in an oncology clinic. 

Texas is a bit of a mixed bag right now and that makes sense.  We don't know the impact of opening back up and most likely won't for weeks.  Testing has seen a marked increase and that's good.  Hospitalizations have flattened but deaths continue to fluctuate greatly.  Also there are competing occurrences happening.  We're starting to open up right as the summer is start to get going.  Most virologists expected numbers to decrease as we got into to the heat of the summer months.  So is one counter balancing the other?  Probably too hard to tell right now but as we get into June, trends should become more clear.  We also need to see if we reach a support level as the summer wages on and what would it look like.  If cases, hospitalizations and deaths decrease but hit a support level (like we hit a resistance level) of say, 50-70% of our highest levels, is that effectiveness good enough?  Does it give us too much foundation and runway for a bad 2nd wave in the autumn?  

For example, if summer stats get to something like 3k/wk cases, hospitalization levels of about 500-600 utilized beds per day and say 120-150 dead per week, is that okay with everyone?  Do we become desensitized to it and how does it set up for the Autumn?

At least debt collectors can make their money....