Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

There is absolutely NO WAY you can teach AI to fill in that form pleading better than me!!!! 

as someone who works in legal tech, we are not trying to replace lawyers. no, no, no, no. we are just trying to make lawyers' jobs easier. at least that's what i keep telling my law firm clients.

Whoever you work for the marketing department needs to sign up Iverson for the “We’re talking about practice!” campaign. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

It's starting to encroach on my profession somewhat already - very complex insurance brokerage.  We've had the people from IBM come in and pitch us on how we could use Watson to analyze policy wordings and optimize our own placements and use it to pick apart competitor's placements.  It's not there yet, but I have no doubt that it will be a powerful tool in another 5 years or so.

\derail over

Watson technology is shit

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

AI is coming.  Ignore it at your own peril.

I, for one, plan on cranking out an assload of motivational posters. Suck it, Inspirobot.

https://www.iflscience.com/technology/ai-trying-to-design-inspirational-posters-goes-horribly-and-hilariously-wrong/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

The only people who can be replaced with automation right now are high headcount/low skill (read: manual, no-thinking, repetitive) roles.

Yeah, and they certainly don't need jobs, right?  The drive to cut overhead, to deliver the highest profit to the shareholder is costing this country.  Be it at the local grocery chain or big box store like Lowes or Walmart.  Not only is it costing us when it comes to service, it is also costing us when it comes to reducing the opportunities to introduce our kids into the workplace, to give them the chance to learn responsibility to a job, and the reward for having done that job well.   How many of us here worked jobs like that as youths or even college students? 

It is not just the uneducated that are suffering from the reductions in jobs.  And it is moving upward, taking higher tech jobs.   It's a huge thing that no one is paying much attention to because it's a very slow process that is doing in our workforce.

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Don't think. For God's sake, boys, don't think. Just do what you're told. Just be happy to serve.

No reading the news. No thinking.

To be fair, that's the exact message that is SUPPOSED to be sent to troops.

You always get to gripe (it's a GI's right), but you need to buck up and do your shit duty.  Because it's a fact of life: troops gotta do shit duty.  We all know this is shit duty.  Tough, it's what you signed up for.

Mattis knows that well, and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

thanks AJ. and thanks for that reporter. 

these motherfuckers just warp words and reality at their leisure. 

where is tahoe's stiff brain when you need him? hey tahoe - please come help the guy out. he needs your assistance in deflecting shit left and right

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's . . . well, that's a little intimate.

No wonder he was bashing Macron on Twitter. I hope someone knows all the goings on in this family and white house. It will make a helluva book or TV series someday. It will make House of Cards seem like a children's story. I'll probably be dead and gone unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Dr-heeMWsAAoTvQ?format=jpg&name=large

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

well, that's how you greet someone in france. i want to make fun as much as anyone, but they are clearly doing the cheek kiss greeting. it's also fairly common in slovenia.

Dad he's grabbing her tits right there at the table!

Just eat your breakfast, Russ.

Dad, I think he's gonna pork her.

He's not gonna pork her, Russ.

I think he's gonna.

He may pork her, finish your breakfast.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

well, that's how you greet someone in france. i want to make fun as much as anyone, but they are clearly doing the cheek kiss greeting. it's also fairly common in slovenia.

I'm not referring to the imminent kiss -- I'm referring to the two pairs of bedroom eyes.

The President, always projecting:

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/14/trump-cnn-lawsuit-bad-for-country/

President Donald Trump expressed hope but was not certain that his White House would prevail in a lawsuit filed by CNN regarding the revoking of reporter Jim Acosta’s press credentials, as he told The Daily Caller in an exclusive Oval Office interview.

When asked specifically whether he expected his White House to prevail in the lawsuit brought by CNN, he told TheDC, “I don’t know, we should … We’ll see how the court rules. Is it freedom of the press when somebody comes in and starts screaming questions and won’t sit down.”

The president continued, “I really think that when you have guys like Acosta, I think they’re bad for the country … He’s just an average guy who’s a grandstander who’s got the guts to stand up and shout.”