Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

34 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I really hope Nancy MacLean is a crackpot.

Not a crackpot but I would apply a heavy dose of skepticism to her message. That article reminded of the conspiracy theories from the 90's regarding Straussian acolytes subverting the U.S. government for the new world order. It was odd how it presented James Buchanan, who the fuck has never heard of James Buchanan, it a not like he is some esoteric economist.

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Same here.  I found this enlightening:

Buchanan’s view of human nature was distinctly dismal. Adam Smith saw human beings as self-interested and hungry for personal power and material comfort, but he also acknowledged social instincts like compassion and fairness. Buchanan, in contrast, insisted that people were primarily driven by venal self-interest. Crediting people with altruism or a desire to serve others was “romantic” fantasy: politicians and government workers were out for themselves, and so, for that matter, were teachers, doctors, and civil rights activists.  They wanted to control others and wrest away their resources: “Each person seeks mastery over a world of slaves,” he wrote in his 1975 book, The Limits of Liberty.”

Funny how sociopathic assholes always assume everyone else is a sociopathic asshole, too.  

Exactly my take.  That paragraph was just a holy shit moment.  

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I haven’t been there. But I bet that’s a good Whataburger.

I've been to that Whataburger before, it was solid but it's rare to find a subpar Whataburger. The only subpar one I ate at was the one in Boerne. That was an odd day too. Out in front of the store was a Dodge Viper with aggy plates and a goofy motherfucker in aggy gear standing next to it taking a drag off a cigarette showing the whole parking lot he was open carrying. This was right after the law kicked in for open carry. Anyways, I ended up being served a cold Whataburger, which should never happen. I blame the aggy fuckstick out front for it.

18 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Of course the dumb wits will only get dumber, the olds will only become less mobile and more tweaky, and when their town becomes depleted and education passes yet more dipshits by because those elite Librals, they can maybe hit up their new Russian pals for donations.  Wait, they're broke too because it's only the elite that have all the money?  Da fuq, where are all those libral tears they were promised?  

Edited by Mdhorn

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Reading that article, I’m reminded once again that we have a lot more racists in this country than I thought prior to trump’s presidency. I know that wasn’t the “point” of that article, but I’m shocked at how many people out there want to blame people of color for everything.

when you're just so full of ECONOMIC ANXIETY, the racist shit floats to the top like turds in a public pool. everyone will see it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Reading that article, I’m reminded once again that we have a lot more racists in this country than I thought prior to trump’s presidency. I know that wasn’t the “point” of that article, but I’m shocked at how many people out there want to blame people of color for everything.

I think living in the Austin bubble most of my life shielded me from that.  It's really sad to find that we are really no better than 1950s America in terms of race relations.  

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

And Trump's rhetoric has given them permission to share what they truly feel. 

44 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

LOL... my favorite is the red headed barber shop client who imagines Trump running into a burning building to save children.  Hoe Lee Fuk!  A ginger and a dribbling moron..life delt out a really tough hand.  

LOL... my favorite is the red headed barber shop client who imagines Trump running into a burning building to save children.  Hoe Lee Fuk!  A ginger and a dribbling moron..life delt out a really tough hand.  

So that guy would vote for Cory Booker, right?

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

While I think Biden would be a phenomenal president and should have ran in 2016 (but I understand why he didn't), I agree with this.

Kamala Harris (55 in 2020)

Cory Booker (51 in 2020)

Gillibrand (53 in 2020)

Garcetti (49 in 2020)

Murphy (47 in 2020)

Biden and Bernie would be almost 80. Warren will be past 70. Hickenlooper will be almost 70.

It may not be apparent right now, but somebody with Mitch Landrieu's political skill and racial crossover appeal coupled with a young progressive, could be the winning formula for Dems in 2020. 

5 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Same here.  I found this enlightening:

Buchanan’s view of human nature was distinctly dismal. Adam Smith saw human beings as self-interested and hungry for personal power and material comfort, but he also acknowledged social instincts like compassion and fairness. Buchanan, in contrast, insisted that people were primarily driven by venal self-interest. Crediting people with altruism or a desire to serve others was “romantic” fantasy: politicians and government workers were out for themselves, and so, for that matter, were teachers, doctors, and civil rights activists.  They wanted to control others and wrest away their resources: “Each person seeks mastery over a world of slaves,” he wrote in his 1975 book, The Limits of Liberty.”

Funny how sociopathic assholes always assume everyone else is a sociopathic asshole, too.  

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

This. 100%

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Exactly my take.  That paragraph was just a holy shit moment.  

Agreed across the board.

That vision has only two consecutive ends: oligarchy, exploiting and abusing 97% of the population.  And then, bloody uprising.  If you believe that the entire world is bent on enslaving everyone else, then you will have one of two states of existence, at all times: slavery, or slave rebellion.  What a delightful vision.

And a reminder, the politicians selling this shit claim to be "Christians."  See if you can match the quoted paragraph with anything you can find in the Gospels.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Agreed across the board.

That vision has only two consecutive ends: oligarchy, exploiting and abusing 97% of the population.  And then, bloody uprising.  If you believe that the entire world is bent on enslaving everyone else, then you will have one of two states of existence, at all times: slavery, or slave rebellion.  What a delightful vision.

And a reminder, the politicians selling this shit claim to be "Christians."  See if you can match the quoted paragraph with anything you can find in the Gospels.

We’ve already established this...these ‘Christians’ are really just the new age Romans.  Whoever is enlightened, however many generations down the line, will look down on Trump as a complete piece of shit and his followers as deplorables/rubes.  Hillary had em nailed.  

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

We’ve already established this...these ‘Christians’ are really just the new age Romans.  Whoever is enlightened, however many generations down the line, will look down on Trump as a complete piece of shit and his followers as deplorables/rubes.  Hillary had em nailed.  

It's not like they try to hide how terrible they are.

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think living in the Austin bubble most of my life shielded me from that.  It's really sad to find that we are really no better than 1950s America in terms of race relations.  

I don't think it has devolved back to being THAT bad but I wouldn't doubt there are some folks that would like to go back to the 50s and 60s where they could hang 'strange fruit' from the trees with impunity. Trump has emboldened the racists with his rhetoric, he has made his mark with white identity politics and talks mad shit to stir up the alt-right (lets just call them what they are, racist) part of the his base. 

Edited by Slade
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I gotta tell you, I’m kinda in love with immigrants. I mean, they risk their lives to get here, and when they do, they find time and energy to 1) take your job, 2) run a brutal criminal syndicate, and 3) vote in every election, maybe even several times (half of Americans can’t even muster up the energy to vote once). These guys are fucking AWESOME. We need more guys like them, not the pussy-ass whiners in Trump country. I want more chicken-processing, MS-13 officer, engaged voters, not fewer.

They’re go-getters.

Who was the poster on the old board with that chilling tale of seeing illegals loitering around a polling station voting over and over again?

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Who was the poster on the old board with that chilling tale of seeing illegals loitering around a polling station voting over and over again?

I didn't read that post firsthand, but it was later attributed to FCHorn, I believe.

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Is he in the Pac NW? Seems like this tale of brazen electoral horror took place in some Commie bastion like Seattle. 

Unlikely... WA always goes blue, so ballot shenanigans are not needed.