Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is a glimpse into the mind of the type of folks who allow their thinking to be dominated by fear. These folks are the relatives we have who said “don’t go to Paris! Terrorists will kill you! And whatever you do, don’t go on the subway, that’s where the terrorists attack!” Or the people who tell us “don’t go near the border! It’s a war zone!” 

Look, I don't mean to be cruel, but I have to be honest:  part of me is glad that Chrispy and his ilk buy into the fear.  As a result, I can travel to Paris, or ride the subway, or visit the border, and there's a whole lot fewer morons I have to deal with  Win win!

Just say "no" to morons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So you think that as long as transsexual women are forced to use the men's room, that will make it impossible for male predators to dress like women and enter the women's room?

No, not impossible. I’ve already stated, too many times for most, that it’s about decreasing the likelihood of such an occurrence. The less men wandering into women’s restrooms, the better in my estimation. 

so the less time that men of questionable moral fiber are around small children in vulnerable places, the better?  That's what you're saying?  

Edited by Lobo

22 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

No, not impossible. I’ve already stated, too many times for most, that it’s about decreasing the likelihood of such an occurrence. The less men wandering into women’s restrooms, the better in my estimation. 

Show me on the doll where the Dyson Airblade blew you...

22 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

If you really want to control the math, you could lock your daughter in her room for the rest of her life.  

At least then she'd be safe from girls' sports coaches, clergy, date raping frat boys, and other legitimate threats.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

If you really want to control the math, you could lock your daughter in her room for the rest of her life.  

At least then she'd be safe from girls' sports coaches, clergy, date raping frat boys, and other legitimate threats.

That’s what I find really comical.  A guy like Chrispy will trust people at church with his kids for several hours a week...but the thought of a random transgender walking into a bathroom, and let’s not stop there, but actually assaulting his daughter keeps him up at night.  Let’s compare incidences of transgenders assaulting girls/boys in bathrooms to youth pastors and their ilk.  GMAFB

• Like 1

Chrispy is fixated on one part of the math problem, the risk. He overstates that and totally ignores the value. Value to others. I think it’s worth accepting a minuscule amount of risk to allow people to be more comfortable. I don’t know why Chrispy is ignoring the benefits to others. He would never say people shouldn’t be able to drive cars because it increases risk. I’m sure Chrispy would love to be the only car on the road but he recognizes the shared societal value of letting others drive. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That’s what I find really comical.  A guy like Chrispy will trust people at church with his kids for several hours a week...but the thought of a random transgender walking into a bathroom, and let’s not stop there, but actually assaulting his daughter keeps him up at night.  Let’s compare incidences of transgenders assaulting girls/boys in bathrooms to youth pastors and their ilk.  GMAFB

so which is it? he said earlier today/yesterday that he wasn't all that religious. Is he a backslider? Is HE UNCHURCHED! IS HE A GODDAMN HEATHEN!?

maybe he just is religious when it suits his politics and isn't when it doesn't, that fits right in with the Republican party. carry on

Edited by cactusflinthead
EXTRA SNARK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

so which is it? he said earlier today/yesterday that he wasn't all that religious. Is he a backslider? Is HE UNCHURCHED! IS HE A GODDAMN HEATHEN!?

I knew he would say he’s not a church goer - so I threw in a ‘guy like’ Chrispy...as in an asshole fighting against GLBT rights.  Believe it or not, many of those shitheads regularly attend church and trust their kids with Chester.  

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I knew he would say he’s not a church goer - so I threw in a ‘guy like’ Chrispy...as in an asshole fighting against GLBT rights.  Believe it or not, many of those shitheads regularly attend church and trust their kids with Chester.  

and usually Chester is a well appointed and highly recommended member. If they paid any attention at all or read what they espouse to believe that would be an issue, but in this selective memory world we live in that's no problem at all. Jim Jordan is a godly man and Kenneth Copeland doesn't trust the doctors so no need to get the kids vaccinated. And they wonder why the kids don't want to go to church. It can't possibly be the glaring hypocrisy, not that. It has to be the godless education they are getting in public schools.

• Like 1

Going beyond the transgender conversation is the fact that so many people live in fear. Transgender persons, illegal immigrants, terrorists... the list is endless. I really don't get it. Life is just to fucking short to live everyday looking over your shoulder and expecting the worst. I'm not naive, i know there are bad people and bad things do happen, but living in fear is no way to go through life. 

Fear is the mindkiller - Paul

Whole lot a raping going on in public bathrooms nowadays. I suggest we start charging a dollar to get into one. Maybe that will solve the problem? 

Pee-ID registration cards. Or a drivers license. Signature must match exactly or no pee/poo for you.

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Like I said, the anthropology is real.

You're not just now discovering that, are you? I learned a long time ago about the Ignorance -> Fear -> Intolerance -> Hate formula, the eternal darkness of the tiny closed mind, the inability to reason with the unreasonable. How many times do you have to try and fail to teach a tree to walk before you accept the futility of the endeavor?

Willfully ignorant simpletons like Chrispy derail a thread for pages and pages by making outrageous claims and then everyone wastes their time trying to talk sense to them. They don't know and they don't want to know. You can't fill an empty vessel when the lid is screwed on tight. 

Like you said, there are tens of millions of them. They're not complex. Their dialog is easy to predict. Usually they're just regurgitating what they've been fed by someone else who makes a living telling them what they want to hear. The last thing they want to do is think for themselves. Their reality is dictated by what they feel, not by facts and logic. They're frightened by the unfamiliar and their fear makes them easy to manipulate. There's no getting through to them. 

They're good to play poker with. That's about it. Otherwise it's best just to ignore them. Or sell them a pet rock. 

• Like 3

From @pwnallthethings (Matt Tait)

When was the last time someone talked about American values like they meant it

What happened to that shining city

America once meant something greater than the weight of its wallet and the strength of its forces. It once led the world, and others followed its /vision/, not just its rhetoric.

What the transactionalists don't understand was America's influence, it's wealth, it's cultural dominance, are all *because of*, not despite the values it once claimed to hold.

It is true, of course, that America never lived up to its ideals. Noone ever does live up to their own ideals. But it aspired to be something. And those values carried weight overseas.

There are already so many dull cities on small hills; but they are unremarkable. Their citizens work harder than you and for less pay. Their conditions are worse, their influence less, their culture more fragile.

Transactionalism gives leaders who promise victory, but such victories without values are empty and meaningless. A nation without values is unreliable to their allies. A leader without values is dangerous to liberties. And economies led by them fall under the weight of corruption

Maybe we will turn back. There is still time.

If not, school children will one day point at their history books and say "look! There once stood America. She shone for the world. Her people and the world were better for it and they gave it up for nothing".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump and His followers are acting like they just realized that the gal who gave them a $20 blowjob behind Walmart is a dude, and so they are going to punish everybody. 

It goes farther than that. Their motivation is that they enjoyed it and are going back for another one. They act out to compensate for their shame. 

7 hours ago, TexArcher said:

And to get this thread back on track: Donald Trump is a fat, stupid, pathologically lying, treasonous, megalomaniacal, wannabe autocrat with a miniature penis, and 100% of his supporters are stupid, gullible, or both.

Some of them are just extremely rich people who think they owe nothing to the society that made their wealth possible and which allows them to keep it without having to hire their own army to protect it. 

44 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

You just know that Dotard is feeling smug as hell today, knowing that he has lying Ted's nose all the up his ass as he goes to Texas for the rally. I'm sure he'd like to change his nickname to cuckold Ted. 

Saw a story on local DFW news this morning that the mouth-breathers are lining up overnight to go see their cheeto savior.....excellent spot for a meteor to hit about now....

One of my favorite Dem things right now is bemoaning how the discussion of the rights of transgendered Americans is a "distraction" from TRULY pressing issues like vague Russian conspiracies and a secretive investigation they cannot know anything about.

Dems, this is why right-wingers are largely accurate when they say the LGBT community and POC are merely tools of the Democratic Party.

"Hey, minorities and LGBT, stop taking attention away from Robert Mueller!!"

Edited by bad_teammate

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

One of my favorite Dem things right now is bemoaning how the discussion of the rights of transgendered Americans is a "distraction" from TRULY pressing issues like vague Russian conspiracies and a secretive investigation they cannot know anything about.

Dems, this is why right-wingers are largely accurate when they say the LGBT community and POC are merely tools of the Democratic Party.

"Hey, minorities and LGBT, stop taking attention away from Robert Mueller!!"

Fair.

But also, for the next 3 weeks, the only thing coming out of Democrats' mouth should be HEALTHCARE.  Get Congress first.

57 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

But seriously, how insane is it that there is a horde of people moving in unison up from the panama canal with their sights set on America (if that is even true, but it's what I've seen reported). It's like an army marching and we know it's coming. Are we fortifying the border? Sending any parties down to meet them and disburse them or repel them back? What the heck is Mexico doing here? Are they greasing their path because NIMBY or are they actually going to help us? Sheesh

2 minutes ago, seven said:

What specifically needs changed to stop this migrant horde from invading our clean nation? 

I don't know what you mean by clean nation, but I'm also curious how this got organized. Or did a ton of migrants just organize organically once it hit critical mass, starting from one migrant from panama city and then others joined him, a la Forrest Gump running?

Just now, Lurch said:

Just asking questions

If I knew the answers I wouldn't be sitting around on the couch at 9am on a monday debating on whether to get in the shower or not, my friend. 

7 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

But seriously, how insane is it that there is a horde of people moving in unison up from the panama canal with their sights set on America (if that is even true, but it's what I've seen reported). It's like an army marching and we know it's coming. Are we fortifying the border? Sending any parties down to meet them and disburse them or repel them back? What the heck is Mexico doing here? Are they greasing their path because NIMBY or are they actually going to help us? Sheesh

These have been going on annually for nearly a decade.  30 seconds on google would provide you all of the answers that you have no intention of getting.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Yeah, what IS dear leader doing about it?

• Like 1

Just now, HenryJames said:

Just asking racist questions.

How is it racist? It's fundamentally an immigration concern/issue, yet again. You know, one of the biggest issues in any upcoming election that has a lot of people concerned?

9 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

What is the worst case scenario you can imagine when they get here?