Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

Honestly, if you have a son who was a 5-star athlete and has a meaningful shot at the NFL, who in their right mind would send them to UT. Much as I have enjoyed my alma mater since my graduation in the early 80s, it has become one f(*@#$& up place. From top to bottom. The administration, professors and staff are for the most part a bunch of left-wing, overly-woke dumbasses. This mess of a football program and 2020 season (including the presence of TH) are merely the symptom, not the disease. Short of UM or some other god-like coach swooping in with carte blanche power,  it will remain f&#($&$ up.

Edited by blacklab
user taking vacation for cr shit
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7

18 hours ago, Hornin' In said:

Honestly, if you have a son who was a 5-star athlete and has a meaningful shot at the NFL, who in their right mind would send them to UT. Much as I have enjoyed my alma mater since my graduation in the early 80s, it has become one f(*@#$& up place. From top to bottom. The administration, professors and staff are for the most part a bunch of left-wing, overly-woke dumbasses. This mess of a football program and 2020 season (including the presence of TH) are merely the symptom, not the disease. Short of UM or some other god-like coach swooping in with carte blanche power,  it will remain f&#($&$ up.

Shane Buechele stands a better chance to be drafted before Sam. The last Texas QB drafted into the NFL was Colt McCoy. The evaluations have been so awful at the position we've had to endure guys like Case McCoy and Tyrone Swoopes starting at the position. I like Sam, I really do. However I'd be shocked if he's drafted at all, he's wildly inaccurate. Ohio St Quarterbacks haven't had any kind of success in the NFL because Day's system makes turds look great.....see Haskins. At least those Quarterbacks get a crack at the NFL, Herman's system is crud.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

All the recruits have been posting on Instagram hinting about Ewers, Burton, and Domani Jackson committing to tOSU soon.  In his decommitment post, he stated he will have a firm decision soon about where he will end up.  My personal guess is that there was some falling out with Herman whether it’s the noise around his job security, Yurcich not calling plays, direction of the offense, or simply he’s having a hard time getting other recruits to consider Texas.  If I were to guess, they are probably waiting to create some type of video before committing to tOSU.  If that happens kiss any hope of him committing back to Texas, whether we hire Meyer or not.

Our best hope is that his parents tell him to hold off on making a decision and to wait to see what CDC and Texas does.  

55 minutes ago, victory88 said:

All the recruits have been posting on Instagram hinting about Ewers, Burton, and Domani Jackson committing to tOSU soon.  In his decommitment post, he stated he will have a firm decision soon about where he will end up.  My personal guess is that there was some falling out with Herman whether it’s the noise around his job security, Yurcich not calling plays, direction of the offense, or simply he’s having a hard time getting other recruits to consider Texas.  If I were to guess, they are probably waiting to create some type of video before committing to tOSU.  If that happens kiss any hope of him committing back to Texas, whether we hire Meyer or not.

Our best hope is that his parents tell him to hold off on making a decision and to wait to see what CDC and Texas does.  

I think you're on to something about having a hard time getting recruits to follow him to Texas.  

There sure didn't seem to be a lot of new or renewed interest when he committed. 

On 10/30/2020 at 4:26 PM, Hornin' In said:

Hell of a first post. Compelling, and rich. And controversial enough to get a temp ban. 

• Haha 1

Having a problem with reality?  Unlike tOSU, Texas hasn’t been a national player for a decade.  Shit-for-brains coaching isn’t changing that.  Just be happy if he doesn’t end up at OU.
We got to be a national player because a great QB from Houston decided to take his talents to Texas, build a team, and win a NC. Ewers could do the same thing, but he's apparently decided to do it at tOSU instead of The University of Texas. He's not our Vince Young; he's probably our Adrian Peterson. Fuck it. Give me Urban Meyer, Hudson Card/JQJ, Bijan, and let's get going.

Ewers was hurt in the Keller game (late when he had no business still in the game). He did not play this week (SLC still won comfortably).  There are rumors starting to swirl up here in NE Tarrant County that the injury may be more significant than initially let on (knee)

Edited by Surly Bevo

12 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Ewers was hurt in the Keller game (late when he had no business still in the game). He did not play this week (SLC still won comfortably).  There are rumors starting to swirl up here in NE Tarrant County that the injury may be more significant than initially let on (knee)

maybe ewers is a pussy and this is the shit herman was allegedly talking about him.

tumblr_mhknn6U2hE1r6qbdlo1_500.gif

23 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

You know who else could throw a ball 70 yards flat footed?  JaMarcus Russell.  Ewers is white JaMarcus Russell.  He of the career 65.2 passer rating and status as all-time NFL bust.

I dont get the joke, but this might be the dumbest post on the thread

9 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

You know who else could throw a ball 70 yards flat footed?  JaMarcus Russell.  Ewers is white JaMarcus Russell.  He of the career 65.2 passer rating and status as all-time NFL bust.

You know who else has takes like this? Futureman. ClubWhatever is the unignored futureman. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Welcome to the sorriest fanbase I've come across, unexciting games until you hit the playoffs and questionable preparation for the next level.

Doesn't sound personally fulfilling.

This. What’s the appeal in losing a shootout in a playoff game when you could go 8-4 every year and dominate someone in the Alamo Bowl? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust
  • RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust