The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

They said on CNN just a few minutes ago that Trump was late for the debate and so there wasn’t time to test him before the debate? That’s what they are saying. I thought they tested like every day? But maybe not? Damn...

Chris Wallace is the one who revealed that Trump and Co. showed up too late to test, while Wallace and the debate staff and others were there in time to be tested.

However,if the exposure was Saturday, would they be able to spread it by Tuesday? 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

These folks, who tested positive in the past 3 days, were at Supreme Court nomination thing at the White House on Saturday

• Trump
  • Melania
  • Notre Dame President
  • Senator Mike Lee
  • Senator Thom Tillis
  • Republican National Committee Chair
  • Hope Hicks
  • Low-level White House staffer
  • 3-4 journalists in the White House pool

It's almost like God smote them.  

Glad to see the folks Trump has given PTSD to the last 4 years have gone from "Trump is lying and it's a political gambit and conspiracy!" to "Okay, maybe he can die tho?"

Neither is our finest hour. Pretty crappy actually.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The President needs to ignore the advice he had for the nation:

"So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked because of the testing, . . . And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-suggests-injection-disinfectant-beat-coronavirus-clean-lungs-n1191216

I cannot recall where I saw it on the intertrons and if it was actually here I apologize (long day) but I ran across a quote that said that the potential fatal harm caused to an Administration that was at a rushed event due to their indifference to a dying woman’s last wish was like the beginning of a horror flick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gourmand said:

Your post is a great reminder why the American people get leaders like Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, Dan Crenshaw, Roger Williams etc.

I bet you've made some awesome choices at the ballot box!

Hard to criticize people forced into false dichotomies by a dysfunctional political system.

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread