The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Would our nsa or joint chiefs or whomever even allow for Trump and pence to both be actively fighting Covid to become public knowledge?

I don't know, but that gong is banging a little louder across the wires. Conley and the WH press secretary releasing the updated physical may be related? Originally they had said next Monday was when all things could be a go pending examination but now it's this Saturday. Our faith in them is so destroyed it's useless really.

37 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Obviously there's no mention whatsoever of his mental status or if he's getting medicated with any psychotropics (other than pocket adderall) to counter his, uh, iatrogenic exuberance, which arguably is a bigger risk than covid right now.  Pelosi taking up 25th Amendment considerations tomorrow probably isn't theatre, ie there's likely information getting to the Hill about what's happening with Donald at the WH beyond what is manifestly apparent to the public.

36 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Regeneron is the name of the company dumbass. The document that Lieu included in his tweet is a company statement, and doesn't have anything to do with REGN-COV2 specifically.  Lieu's twat was incorrect. He said the development relied on "human embryonic stem cells", probably because he saw the company name and simply applied a general position to a specific drug development program inappropriately. That is not accurate, as best as I can tell from reading the development papers. Trump is a dumbass and also called the drug the company's name, because he is a dumbass. If you would read instead of worrying about my outrage, you would also have seen this post from yesterday.

Yes, we are all aware that Regeneron is the company name. Q-tip and Kleenex are also companies . Names of companies can become synonymous with products. Your dunk attempt on Lieu was stupid considering how many people are referring to that cocktail as Regeneron instead of some clinical name that no one will ever call it. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Yes, we are all aware that Regeneron is the company name. Q-tip and Kleenex are also companies . Names of companies can become synonymous with products. Your dunk attempt on Lieu was stupid considering how many people are referring to that cocktail as Regeneron instead of some clinical name that no one will ever call it. 

But it’s important to distinguish between embryonic stem cells, and other stuff from aborted fetuses.  Allegedly.

So no, human fetal stem cells were not used in the development process; however, a very commonly used cell line started in the 70s using the products of an aborted fetus (but not stem cell material) was used in the development of REGN-COV2

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

But it’s important to distinguish between embryonic stem cells, and other stuff from aborted fetuses.  Allegedly.

Yea,  I was on my phone and didn't read his quote.  I was going to edit but missed my window.  

Ted's point wasn't that it was derived from fetal stem cells, it was the fact that it involved fetal tissue from an abortion.  Since you like specifics, yes, we all realize that its not fresh tissue straight out of the dumpster, its material that's been reproduced from a fetus from the 70s.   The fact that it uses fetal tissue at all is the hypocrisy.  The evangelical's chosen one got better through medicine using aborted baby tissue.  The stem cell qualifier means fuck all and you know it.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Regeneron is not quite the level of Q-tip and Kleenex to anybody at all. That's stupid. You apparently are still missing the point. The primary point is not that Lieu called the development product referred to as REGN-COV2 "Regeneron".  That is just basic level dumbassery.  The high level dumbassery was his attempt to claim that REGN-COV2, the drug that Trump was given, and I quote, "relied on 'human embryonic stem cells'". He conflated a general press release with a header to a product specific declaration which was 100% incorrect. It took about 10 minutes or so of actually trying to understand the development process around this product to actually understand that was incorrect.  I know that that is too much for twatters, and apparently too much for you to unpack as well. But keep your eyes peeled for failed dunk attempts.  Maybe also check the mirror.  

Edited by Anastasis

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Regeneron is not quite the level of Q-tip and Kleenex to anybody at all. That's stupid. You apparently are still missing the point. The primary point is not that Lieu called the development product referred to as REGN-COV2 "Regeneron".  That is just basic level dumbassery.  The high level dumbassery was his attempt to claim that REGN-COV2, the drug that Trump was given, and I quote, "relied on 'human embryonic stem cells'". He conflated a general press release with a header to a product specific declaration which was 100% incorrect. It took about 10 minutes or so of actually trying to understand the development process around this product to actually understand that was incorrect.  I know that that is too much for twatters, and apparently too much for you to unpack as well. But keep your eyes peeled for failed dunk attempts.  Maybe also check the mirror.  

You should slink off into the distance and consider your position is disingenuous and misleading, and deserves a fly on your head. I try to like you man, but your political position sucks and you should be ashamed.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I believe pink eye in just the left eye of Mike Pence is what we like to call "The Indiana Shocker"  

I believe that the "Indiana Shocker" is when both of a child's parents are literate and not blood related to each other. 

• Haha 2

You know It really bugs me when people think the name of the drug is Regeneron.  That’s just the name of the company that makes the drug.  The name of the drug itself is Jethrotul.

Edited by Lobo

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

You know It really bugs me when people think the name of the drug is Regeneron.  That’s just the name of the company that makes the drug.  The name of the drug itself is Jethrotul.

In the suffering madness

of Trumpomotive breath

Runs the all time loser

headlong to his death 

Edited by hookemATL
Now I have to explain to my wife why I’m listening to hard rock flute at 8am
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Meanwhile, Chris Christie is Day 6 in the hospital.

He closed up a whole wing of the hospital so his family could have exclusive bedside access to the area without public interference. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

He's probably Covid free, but the doctors were like holy shit, you're morbidly obese, we need to do some tests. 

I mean there are 34 cases (at last count) from the WH event. Odds were that a couple people were going to get really, really sick and potentially die.

20 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

There is no way that is his heart rate and blood pressure even on his best day. Who do they think they are kidding with this shit?  Kim Jong Un's doctors give more truthful reporting than that.

Its strange that Trump hasn't figured out that you can sell the huge lie better if you mix little truths in with it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Nope said:

Is Trump really about to promote this drug to his followers? What an amazing social experiment 

The fetus was aborted a long time ago so that makes it okay. But if you're ever discussing it with a pro-lifer, make sure they remain consistent and refer to the fetus as a baby. 

• Hook 'Em 1