The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It's hard (and probably foolish) to play pundit with this, but Biden's diagnosis is a crucial piece of the puzzle here. 

If he tests negative, it's clearly excellent news for him and his campaign. If he tests positive, absolute chaos. 

Absolute chaos is putting it lightly, if he infected America's grandpa 

6 hours ago, UTHornFan014 said:

He did say the other night in the debate that they could have a vaccine available in weeks and they could deploy the military to vaccinate everyone. Maybe his play is to fake COVID, recover, and then release a vaccine that they will say was made with his blood/antibodies?

I'm only half-kidding

Occam's razor with DOMOTUS: *anything* is possible and there is no bottom.

6 hours ago, UTHornFan014 said:

He did say the other night in the debate that they could have a vaccine available in weeks and they could deploy the military to vaccinate everyone. Maybe his play is to fake COVID, recover, and then release a vaccine that they will say was made with his blood/antibodies

Well shit ...you've now made me an anti-vaxxer. Didnt see that coming. 2020 is one for the ages.

12 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don’t know wtf you’re listening to.  Pence DOES NOT HAVE IT.  The type of testing they have, we would already know.  If you think they’re lying, then you’re conspiracy theory guy and I might as well be arguing with Qanon dipshit.  Also the president is NOT in the hospital.  I’ve treated hundreds of C19 patients.  The ones who get it bad know right away as things go downhill fast.  This WH leaks info like none before, if he was really sick we would know it.  Quit trying to sell panic.  Or go to TxAgs where they eat that shit up.  

The type of testing they have, we would already know:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/03/politics/coronavirus-white-house-test-abbott/index.html

I’ve treated hundreds of C19 patients.  The ones who get it bad know right away as things go downhill fast. :

Boris Johnson announced he had Covid-19 on 3/27. Didn't go to the hospital until 4/6

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-k-s-boris-johnson-has-showed-what-happens-when-n1241773

I'm not a doctor. I try to listen to experts and to find evidence the best I can. It really seems like you either have no idea what you are talking about, or you are being deliberately dishonest. 

The odds of both Trump and Pence having this simultaneously and both having serious complications would seem to be low. I don't see an impact to governing the country.

Given this is a political board, I think this is the death of Trump's campaign. What do we have until the election? 32 days and he's locked up in the WH for the next 14, at least. The Trump campaign (& Trump) are reportedly low on money, they need Trump rallies and free media coverage. The rest of the Trump clan and Pence appear to get small crowds. DJT is the draw for the crowd.

And since we have all feared the fall out if Trump refuses to accept a loss, maybe he can use this as a tool to blame COVID on why he lost, and accept it. I don't care about his personal feelings but the country needs him to accept losing ASAP. Whatever it takes is good for us.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

40 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Is a VP or Speaker, thrust in to the Presidency, as likely to respond as decisively as a to a threat as a sitting President? Is there a lull, even if it is an hour or 20 minutes, in efficacy of US response due to a transfer of power? Could this slight vulnerability be seen as a tactical advantage by an enemy? Perhaps a rare advantage, and one that has to be immediately seized by one of our enemies?

Trump made us all less safe by getting Covid-19. 

Dude, earlier this year White House officials couldn't reach Trump for three hours to get him to delete a tweet of someone promoting white power that he'd retweeted earlier that day. I'm pretty sure Pelosi would be able to respond with a shorter lull and even Pence could talk to mother and reply quicker than that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-s-white-power-retweet-set-five-alarm-fire-white-n1232495

• Haha 1

The odds of both Trump and Pence having this simultaneously and both having serious complications would seem to be low. I don't see an impact to governing the country.
Given this is a political board, I think this is the death of Trump's campaign. What do we have until the election? 32 days and he's locked up in the WH for the next 14, at least. Given the Trump is reportedly low on money, they need Trump rallies and free media coverage. The rest of the Trump clan and Pence appear to get small crowds. DJT is the draw for the crowd.
And since we have all feared the fall out if Trump refuses to accept a loss, maybe he can use this as a tool to blame COVID on why he lost, and accept it. I don't care about his personal feelings but the country needs him to accept losing ASAP. Whatever it takes is good for us.

It could well be that it’s the end of his campaign, but I don’t think that matters for the election. Is anyone really still undecided?

Just now, JFKFC said:

The type of testing they have, we would already know:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/03/politics/coronavirus-white-house-test-abbott/index.html

I’ve treated hundreds of C19 patients.  The ones who get it bad know right away as things go downhill fast. :

Boris Johnson announced he had Covid-19 on 3/27. Didn't go to the hospital until 4/6

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-k-s-boris-johnson-has-showed-what-happens-when-n1241773

I'm not a doctor. I try to listen to experts and to find evidence the best I can. It really seems like you either have no idea what you are talking about, or you are being deliberately dishonest. 

Ok, since you’re a big media fan, CNN had a headline saying this was the biggest health scare to a sitting president in decades. False. Reagan being shot was 100x as dangerous.  

Boris Johnson went in as a precaution after a few days.  He was not intubated etc.  As I said, if his life was in danger and he needed an ICU he would have been in the hospital earlier - you’re making my point that he wasn’t that sick.

Not gonna argue with you anymore.  You’ve been a we’re all gonna die guy from the very start.  

And several people on here know my credentials.  I’m not gonna spew that diarrhea on here but PM me if you’re genuinely curious.  

You also added the caveat of both Pence and Trump ending up in the ICU and saying those odds really aren’t that small.  LMAO.  Get a grip.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don’t know wtf you’re listening to.  Pence DOES NOT HAVE IT.  The type of testing they have, we would already know.  If you think they’re lying, then you’re conspiracy theory guy and I might as well be arguing with Qanon dipshit.  Also the president is NOT in the hospital.  I’ve treated hundreds of C19 patients.  The ones who get it bad know right away as things go downhill fast.  This WH leaks info like none before, if he was really sick we would know it.  Quit trying to sell panic.  Or go to TxAgs where they eat that shit up.  

One way I could see Pence getting it would be by another WH staffer, who hasn't yet been tested, infecting Pence now after having already been tested negative. Frankly, that doesn't seem likely as I'm sure all the dumbshits in the WH are now going to take this thing seriously.

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Ok, since you’re a big media fan, CNN had a headline saying this was the biggest health scare to a sitting president in decades. False. Reagan being shot was 100x as dangerous.  

That was 40 years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am convinced he has it. He sees sickness as a weakness, and he abhors looking weak. 

But, playing devil's advocate: the only advantage I could see for faking it is if he has already concluded that he is going to lose the election.  He will spend the next month in his basement, rage-tweeting at FoxNews.  After he loses, he would use the illness as an excuse.  That would be the best way to fleece his flock of morons after he loses.  If he gets blown out in the election, it will damage his image as a powerful figure.  He needs an excuse - election fraud being the most obvious, but an illness would augment that. 

But, I really don't believe that is what is happening.  The idiot didn't take precautions during a pandemic, and getting sick is the logical consequence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

He 99.9 percent has it. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/us/politics/trump-covid.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Apparently Hicks was in the room with Trump and a few others during all the debate prep, according to a quote I just heard from Christie. Hicks became contagious on Wednesday, she was most symptomatic on Monday and Tuesday during all the preparations in a small room with a few other high ranking officials, including McEnany who knew Hicks was exhibiting symptoms during the press conference yesterday. 

Just think, in the last few days, Trump has had close meetings with ACB and Mnuchin, who has also met with Pelosi. Good lord, and his family who were in the audience during the debate sharing air with whoever else was in the audience, much less Biden.

I think this is the real deal and is a real crisis with potentially wide-reaching effects.

and that's why he's unfit for office--he's a threat to himself, his family and the nation.

• Hook 'Em 1

Assuming both Trump and Pence both had it the odds of both going to the ICU are about 1 in 450. So pretty pretty unlikely, and Pence probably doesn't even have it. I'll be buying the panic dip #stonks

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

One way I could see Pence getting it would be by another WH staffer, who hasn't yet been tested, infecting Pence now after having already been tested negative. Frankly, that doesn't seem likely as I'm sure all the dumbshits in the WH are now going to take this thing seriously.

Yes I agree he could end up with it.  No doubt.  Just saying as of now there’s solid evidence he doesn’t have it.  We are having discussions with a guy who thinks that Pence and Trump ending up ICU buddies has some decent odds.  

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Boris Johnson went in as a precaution after a few days.  He was not intubated etc.  As I said, if his life was in danger and he needed an ICU he would have been in the hospital earlier - you’re making my point that he wasn’t that sick.

Not gonna argue with you anymore.  You’ve been a we’re all gonna die guy from the very start.  

And several people on here know my credentials.  I’m not gonna spew that diarrhea on here but PM me if you’re genuinely curious.  

You also added the caveat of both Pence and Trump ending up in the ICU and saying those odds really aren’t that small.  LMAO.  Get a grip.  

I never brought this up. Obvious strawman argument.

He wasn't that sick?!?

"Mr Johnson, 55, was taken to London's St Thomas' Hospital on Sunday - 10 days after testing positive for Covid-19. He spent three nights in intensive care before returning to a ward on Thursday. Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said it "could have gone either way" as he thanked healthcare workers for saving his life after being discharged from hospital."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-52262012

You are being intentionally dishonest. Everyone here sees it.

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Wasn't that 40 years ago? (I hate saying that because I recall the day he was shot.) So CNN is arguably correct. That point in time was closer to WW2 than to 2020, so Reagan getting shot was a long time ago.

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

‘Several’ decades to me easily covers 40 years.  A couple is in the 2-3 range.  When you here ‘several’ you think 2-3?  Genuinely curious.  To me several means at least 5-6.  

Two is a "couple" and more than two or three is several.

54 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Is a VP or Speaker, thrust in to the Presidency, as likely to respond as decisively as a to a threat as a sitting President? Is there a lull, even if it is an hour or 20 minutes, in efficacy of US response due to a transfer of power? Could this slight vulnerability be seen as a tactical advantage by an enemy? Perhaps a rare advantage, and one that has to be immediately seized by one of our enemies?

Trump made us all less safe by getting Covid-19. 

Don't kid yourself, interim President Pelosi would blow someone's shit to fucking Mars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

That doesn’t conflict with the notion this is the biggest health concern for a sitting president in decades. That happened 40 years ago.

The exact word they used was ‘several’. I guess I think it’s hyperbole.  We will have to choose to disagree on this point.  The guy is a fat ass 74 yo and they don’t even have him in the hospital.  I’d say whatever landed his fatass at Walter Reed that they tried to call routine was more serious (when they said it was for some tests for his upcoming annual - right).  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Dude, earlier this year White House officials couldn't reach Trump for three hours to get him to delete a tweet of someone promoting white power that he'd retweeted earlier that day. I'm pretty sure Pelosi would be able to respond with a shorter lull and even Pence could talk to mother and reply quicker than that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-s-white-power-retweet-set-five-alarm-fire-white-n1232495

Just from a procedural perspective John Tyler established the precedent that the new president after the death of previous president is imbued with the full powers of the office and is not a “caretaker” executive.  This has been re-enforced over the course of our history, most recently by LBJ who immediately asserted his full authority as chief executive. 

If either Pence or Pelosi (assuming she won a court fight over the Presidental succession act) were to take over, there Are not bound in any way by a lack popular election.

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

I agree with @troph and the others who have basically said "let's not do this". It's a bad look and like someone else said, it seems left-wing Qanonish. 

There are times where left wing media and Twitter should learn to shut the fuck up. This is one of them.

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Two is a "couple" and more than two or three is several.

I am actually going to admit I’m a moron and google this.  It’s rare my Oklahoma shows but here we are.  

edit: Oxford...more than 2 but not many.  Lol.  I’ll use shitload when I mean several.  Easy fix. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The fact that Trump is a pathological liar makes everything he says suspect. He lies so frequently and so easily that it's a mistake to just take him at his word. I figure there is a non-zero chance that he's lying no matter what he says. Ever. 

right but we know he lies because facts contradict him.  what facts contradict him here? none.

he's planting a billion trees? nope, that's a UN initiative that pre-dates him.

he's fixed the VA? nope, bipartisan legislation from Obama pre-dates him.

the exercise can go on and on.

I never brought this up. Obvious strawman argument.

He wasn't that sick?!?

"Mr Johnson, 55, was taken to London's St Thomas' Hospital on Sunday - 10 days after testing positive for Covid-19. He spent three nights in intensive care before returning to a ward on Thursday. Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said it "could have gone either way" as he thanked healthcare workers for saving his life after being discharged from hospital."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-52262012

You are being intentionally dishonest. Everyone here sees it.

You are picking the wrong fight and for no reason.

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic