The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

I am actually going to admit I’m a moron and google this.  It’s rare my Oklahoma shows but here we are.  

edit: Oxford...more than 2 but not many.  Lol.  I’ll use shitload when I mean several.  Easy fix. 

The weird part is that you didn’t say “several” in the first post about Reagan. It just said “in decades”.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Buzzrock said:

You are picking the wrong fight and for no reason.

It is relevant. We had a doctor saying Trump's case can't be bad, because he isn't already hospitalized. Trump may never sneeze, he might die, I have no idea. However, I think it is relevant that Boris Johnson didn't go to the hospital for 10 days, then spent 3 days in the ICU, and said himself it could have gone wither way. 

Occam’s razor this shit:

his campaign is broke.  All he has are government funded trips to swing states to stage rallies to offset the lack of advertising.  All the rest of his money is tied up in GOTV (which requires office space rents that had to be prepaid) He needs the free media.  Having to get off the trail for 2 weeks is devastating. 

He’s got the Rona. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

If he’s not in the hospital a week from now he never had it. 

Assuming he does have it (I think he does but whatever), even with the fat, old, and general ill health, he still only has a 10, maybe 15% chance of dying (keep hope alive). Factor in the world's best healthcare he will receive, and that number is probably lower. Of course, his chance of having to be hospitalized is what, 20%?

Point is, odds say he will probably be fine.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

Just now, Hawndoh said:

It's the president. He doesn't have to go to a hospital, that's bad optics.

They would bring a hospital to him and set up a full hospital room in the white house somewhere in the middle of the night.

If things get bad, Trump will immediately be taken to Walter Reed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

hey guys...death wish is one of the things that is against the rules of the site. I know it's big ole bad immamac being a fascist but I've gotta lock this up and clean up the thread because it's a mess.

Point of order here.  I think it could be objectively stated that Donald Trump's death would save thousands of lives.  It would cause innumerable people to finally take this thing seriously and wear a fucking mask and practice social distancing, rather than running around saying it's all a "hoax."

I'm not cheering for anyone's death for the sake of anyone dying.  But if you can objectively say that one person's death would save thousands of lives, isn't that worth discussing in a positive light?

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Point of order here.  I think it could be objectively stated that Donald Trump's death would save thousands of lives.  It would cause innumerable people to finally take this thing seriously and wear a fucking mask and practice social distancing, rather than running around saying it's all a "hoax."

I'm not cheering for anyone's death for the sake of anyone dying.  But if you can objectively say that one person's death would save thousands of lives, isn't that worth discussing in a positive light?

This is where I’m at.  Especially as a guy who has wished death upon him a billion times.  

3 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If things get bad, Trump will immediately be taken to Walter Reed. 

Or held in some hidden away chamber in a tunnel under the WH on life support and Alec Baldwin is brought in to carry out the term as a Trump replacement(ala Dave scenario)

7 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Assuming he does have it (I think he does but whatever), even with the fat, old, and general ill health, he still only has a 10, maybe 15% chance of dying (keep hope alive). Factor in the world's best healthcare he will receive, and that number is probably lower. Of course, his chance of having to be hospitalized is what, 20%?

Point is, odds say he will probably be fine.

This is what will happen -- I mean, the odds of that outcome are very, very high.  And it will be taken as a "green light" by a huge swath of this country that will then discard ALL preventative measures.  No masks, no distancing at all, no nothing.   And....it will lead to another significant wave of infection.

Because 2020, and Trump's America.  I don't know when you guys are going to figure out that "what's the worst that could happen?  Then that's what's going to happen."

This is what will happen -- I mean, the odds of that outcome are very, very high.  And it will be taken as a "green light" by a huge swath of this country that will then discard ALL preventative measures.  No masks, no distancing at all, no nothing.   And....it will lead to another significant wave of infection.
Because 2020, and Trump's America.  I don't know when you guys are going to figure out that "what's the worst that could happen?  Then that's what's going to happen."
This is exactly my fear with this.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

0*HzlXB33IluJ9SYNz.jpg

'cept there are about a 100,000,000 people on the bottom track.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

The symptoms are much much worse in the 2nd week than the first

He’ll likely be in a pool of his own filth by the OU game

......while tweeting that "I'm fine, never felt better!  Doctors say I can't go to rallies, but they are the deep state!  My fans want to see me, and I want to see them -- Biggest rally ever, coming soon!"

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

"Mild Symptoms" is what Boris Johnson had for a few days before he got rushed to the ICU.  Boris Johnson is also almost 20 years younger than Trump.

Yeah, respiratory and cardiac involvement seems to be something that progresses over time.  I don't think it's safe to predict the severity of the case based on initial symptoms.

The people that I have known that have had it had days of difficult breathing that ebbed and flowed.  None of them needed hospitalization, thankfully, but it apparently can kind of turn on a dime.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, respiratory and cardiac involvement seems to be something that progresses over time.  I don't think it's safe to predict the severity of the case based on initial symptoms.

The people that I have known that have had it had days of difficult breathing that ebbed and flowed.  None of them needed hospitalization, thankfully, but it apparently can kind of turn on a dime.

Trump is also a 75 year old obese person.

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

The symptoms are much much worse in the 2nd week than the first

He’ll likely be in a pool of his own filth by the OU game

Yeah, if this follows the typical clinical course of moderate to severe disease, it's gonna be a ride. 

I thought that they were doing daily testing of everybody in the orbit?  What an unshocking fuck up. 

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

A friend of mine from HS is now a captain in the local FD. He caught it helping with Laura evacuations, and was in the hospital for a week and is still rolling around an oxygen bottle a week after his release. 50 year old fire fighter in decent health. 

7 hours ago, Your Mom said:

It would be awful if he drops out of the election... because Biden would have a tougher time beating whoever they throw in there at the last minute.  He's getting a boost from voters who don't really like him but aren't willing to vote for a complete waste of a human.  That goes away if he's suddenly running against any other person.  

If it actually came to that the Democratic Party should immediately fund a social media bot attack claiming the new nominee was part of a deep state conspiracy to get rid of Trump the entire time. I'm serious. Fight stupidity by appealing to it. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

hey guys...death wish is one of the things that is against the rules of the site. I know it's big ole bad immamac being a fascist but I've gotta lock this up and clean up the thread because it's a mess.

Nah, it's not that dramatic. It's just a silly bit of either political correctness or metaphysical superstition. No big deal in any direction. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whatevs :D

Depending on how many actual fires or hazard material cases they have dealt with over their career, I could see a firefighter being at higher risk from already sustaining lung damage from smoke and fumes. Even if they're otherwise physically fit.

9 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Yes. No way does he lie about anything that makes him look weak, even there was some upside to it for him. And there’s no upside to this.

Yep. Makes him look incredibly stupid and we know Hicks has it.   The play there would be see I was in close contact on plane no mask and no chinavirus

He never admits he is wrong and he never apologizes

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread