The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

To be fair, he sucks at everything he does. 

Yeah, Howie Mandel is a germaphobe.  Trump just doesn't like touching people of color or any inanimate object that isn't, for some strange reason, gold plated.  

If he really is addicted to adderall this could be a rough ride for him. If the docs let him stay on it that could put tremendous stress on his heart if the viremia hits him hard, and if they make him stop it the withdrawal while fighting a virus will be excruciating

• Hook 'Em 2

More likely than not he survives this just fine, even being an older overweight person.  Compared to the average person who gets COVID, they caught it relatively early, and he'll have the best medical care in the world.

23 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

"Mild Symptoms" is what Boris Johnson had for a few days before he got rushed to the ICU.  Boris Johnson is also almost 20 years younger than Trump.

The fact they are even admitting he has symptoms is a big deal.

He's sick. And fat and old. 

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, Howie Mandel is a germaphobe.  Trump just doesn't like touching people of color or any inanimate object that isn't, for some strange reason, gold plated.  

Howie Mandel has OCD I think he's said. That can have a spectrum of issues, and germs are one of them.

It's going to play havoc with the next two weeks depending upon how it progresses. I'm with @Goredho watch what the other hands are doing while everyone else is following this one.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

If he really is addicted to adderall this could be a rough ride for him. If the docs let him stay on it that could put tremendous stress on his heart if the viremia hits him hard, and if they make him stop it the withdrawal while fighting a virus will be excruciating

This is no joke.  Adderall withdrawals while fighting off any viral infection, much less COVID-19, will be miserable.

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I'll be shocked if this even gets remotely serious for Trump.   Sure he's "high risk" but he's not a normal citizen.  He's getting the best healthcare imaginable including almost certainly already starting a Remdesivr regimen.  

Noted fatty and 20 years Trump's junior Boris Johnson was in a UK hospital for a week due to COVID-19.  When your patient doesn't give a shit about his health and swings a golf club once or twice a week for exercise, "the best healthcare" won't guarantee it doesn't become serious.  One of the only things that could help him is they caught it very early.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SizzleChest said:

Noted fatty and 20 years Trump's junior was in a UK hospital for a week due to COVID-19.  When your patient doesn't give a shit about his health and swings a golf club once or twice a week for exercise, "the best healthcare" won't guarantee it doesn't become serious.

Yeah, I looked up Boris Johnson and was surprised he was that much younger than Trump.  He had a rough ride and it scared him straight in regards to his health.  

2 hours ago, troph said:

the way you evaluate a statement for lying is you compare it to the facts.  if you jump straight to the conclusion it's a lie and look for motivations for the lie, you'll always find something.  That's how conspiracy theories gain traction.  There is NO verifiable fact or circumstance to suggest this is false.  there are plenty of facts to suggest it is true.  let's not be dumb Americans here.

This is a healthy, reasonable way to go through life and you’re probably right that he has it. But any statement he makes is far more likely to be a lie than the truth, so those set of facts point to it being a lie. The smart default with him is to assume everything he says is a lie. I still think his the < 5% of the time that he’s being truthful,  but still.

9 hours ago, lemonlime said:

It's not that I think he's ever truthful.  He lies every time he opens his mouth.  And, honestly, who the fuck knows.  But lying about having a highly contagious virus a month before the election feels like too stupid a lie to put forward.  He can't have rallies.  Can't campaign.  Hell, unless everyone the entire administration on it, he's got a bunch of staff that will quarantine.  Maybe some congresspeople who should be campaigning need to quarantine.  Hell, his staff met with Amy Barrett this week.  Would she potentially quarantine after this news?  Senators who want to push her through?  His children who were also on that plane?

This.

1. It takes away his prime Narcissistic fuel, the campaign trail rallies.  Twitter is way down the list as a fuel source.  

2. Trump did not tweet the announcements for Hope Hick or he and Melania.  They were written by a staffer.  He probably did not want it announced in either case and is likely fuming that his staff took over.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mole said:

This is a healthy, reasonable way to go through life and you’re probably right that he has it. But any statement he makes is far more likely to be a lie than the truth, so those set of facts point to it being a lie. The smart default with him is to assume everything he says is a lie. I still think his the < 5% of the time that he’s being truthful,  but still.

Too many people have access to the test results for him to successfully lie about it

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Too many people have access to the test results for him to successfully lie about it

I don’t disagree, but we also have pictures of the inauguration, and the Mueller Report, and video footage of him giving comfort to neo-Nazis, and Helsinki, and a Rhodes Scholar Supreme Court selection, and...

15 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

He tested negative. 

I don't believe many (any?) of these govt officials are under any legal obligations to disclose their medical conditions. Now if it's someone that is in the public view almost daily, it would be obvious if they abruptly stopped their appearances. Hopefully they would stop, if they tested positive.

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Why the fuck is our country so dumb?

why the fuck do people have a fucking problem wearing a mask?

i wear a fucking mask at work for 6-12 hrs a day every day. For the last 9 fucking years. Its fucking simple as shit

Well a career in armed robbery isn’t for everyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawndoh said:

It's the president. He doesn't have to go to a hospital, that's bad optics.

They would bring a hospital to him and set up a full hospital room in the white house somewhere in the middle of the night.

Kind of reminds me of what they were bringing through the front door earlier in the week at night.

Months ago I said he would lie and claim to get it, recover without problems, then use it to support his position that it’s no big deal. But this close to the election has me thinking it’s probably true. It’s one of the only things that could’ve provided a big enough distraction to bury everything else, but it seems like the negatives outweigh the positives. He’s generally bulletproof proof, and nothing about taxes, the debate, Proud Boys, Melanie hating Christmas, etc was hurting his base.

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread