The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

6 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Months ago I said he would lie and claim to get it, recover without problems, then use it to support his position that it’s no big deal. But this close to the election has me thinking it’s probably true. It’s one of the only things that could’ve provided a big enough distraction to bury everything else, but it seems like the negatives outweigh the positives. He’s generally bulletproof proof, and nothing about taxes, the debate, Proud Boys, Melanie hating Christmas, etc was hurting his base.

Also, Trump doesn't really hatch plans like this. He's an improvisational asshole, not a schemer. If he tried to fake COVID, he wouldn't take the necessary measures to ensure things like preventing staff leaks.

Edited by ndawg

What's the old Catholic parable about the man on the roof of his house during the flood?  God sent him a news warning, a guy on a boat offering him help, and a helicopter to fly him to safety...but he thought Trump would save him?  

Maybe I'm just naïve and lack any strategic or political instincts, but those who are saying, especially on the first page or two that this is overwhelmingly likely a ruse or gambit sound very deranged. Either Trump has broken people's brains or people are really so traumatized by the last 4 years that people are losing their rational minds. There should be rejoice at this, not inventing fake conspiracy to be upset about this unless that is how conditioned your neural networks have become due to being so abused by Trump over the last 4 years.

There is nothing good about faking or having this virus, as many have mentioned, for an obese elderly person who cannot afford to not keep on the offensive and trying to force Biden into a mistake in the last leg of this election.

He's woefully behind and will lose and covid-19 is going to be a 10 second run-off penalty when there are only 9 seconds left in the game.

All that being said, yes there is a chance that this happens so we should brace ourselves for the possibility:

*Covid-19 enters the chat*

"I'd like to see Trump wiggle his way out of this one now that will definitely lose the election and possibly even die"

*Trump recovers and somehow has enough votes to claim gray-area/fuzziness and no clear winner on election day and sow confusion and chaos*

"Ah, well, nevertheless. Remember that time we impeached him which was about the most worthless, toothless, paper tiger thing, but we did it?"

Edited by Rougarou
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I can't believe that this administration would ever admit Trump tested positive for COVID unless he was clearly looking and feeling unwell. 

I wouldn’t put it past Jared and Ivanka to falsely tell Trump he has it so he can just stay home and shut the fuck up before the election. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

CNN reporting just now that a WH staffer and journalist have now tested positive

We are reaching the point where it will be easier to announce which administration officials do not have Covid-19. 

I try to live by the Golden Rule, y'know, do unto others and all that. I certainly wouldn't want to catch the virus, so I shouldn't wish it on others. It's just wrong. And of course if nothing else it's in bad taste. And it's too easy - an uncontested layup - to pick on such an obvious target. Like wrestling a quadriplegic. 

All that being said, it's really, really hard to resist saying that if anybody deserved to get the virus and suffer horribly, it's the Dotard. See you in hell....

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

The symptoms are much much worse in the 2nd week than the first

He’ll likely be in a pool of his own filth by the OU game

This.  When I woke up on August 1 with fever I actually worked Monday through Wednesday of the following week and thought that it wasn't bad.

By the next week I wanted to die.

Granted I had a bad case, but anecdotally I would suspect Trump to be out of his mind with fever this time next week.

I’m giving any republican or likely conservative diagnosis a “ like” or a “ hook’em” because they’re all a bunch of science denying anti mask wearing shit heads. They’re the reason it got so bad in the US in the first place, so they should share in the pain and suffering.

hopefully mike lee has symptoms and can’t make it to the confirmation of Barrett. Asshole.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

You know what?  Fuck that noise.  The man has consistently failed to take the steps needed to combat this disease, because he thought doing so would damage the economy and lower his chances at reelection.  He is personally morally culpable for the deaths of 210,000 Americans.  If he dies of the 'Rona, it'll be the most perfectly ironic death in the history of irony.

Fify.  He doesn't give a shit about the economy, either.  Except to the extent it helps him get re-elected, or in other circumstances, makes him money.

He'd tank the economy if he thought it would win the election for him.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

McEnany just spoke to reporters. She wasn't wearing a mask. She was asked why Trump went to the New Jersey fundraiser after finding out that Hope Hicks has Covid-19. She said White House Operations said it was okay to go, because the New Jersey event was an outdoors event.

It was an indoors event. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There is a full blown outbreak at the White House. 

This.  It's a complete disaster.  They've been  ushering Amy Comey Barrett to meet with half the GOP caucus this week.  There's no telling how far this thing is spreading.  If I were Pelosi, I'd immediately send the house home.

4 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

With this administration, "mild symptoms" probably means they just intubated him. Seriously. 

He could have Covid & Ebola shooting out of his eyeballs, and they will say mild symptoms. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread