Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

1 hour ago, texastroubadour said:

Stud 🙄

you know how I know you arent a man yet?

... cause you dont know the greatness of Polk High and a single RB getting 4 TD in 1 game and being the single game scoring leader since 1966

you have to be this old to ride that train:

63c7aa0fe81ba.image.jpg?resize=1200,693

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

33 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I still can't wrap my brain around how the best DT in the country with possibly the second best DT in the country right next to him never get held by, checks notes, smaller and inferior talented guards/centers. Shitstain, I'd love to listen to your logic on that one. 

DUDE, stop calling him back in here.  Just when he's gone, you go and summon the shit-stain...

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

This is what I can't get past.

1. Texas' front 7 and backups have several NFL prospects - some possibly 1st day picks.
  2. Texas has played 10 games w/ Big 12 refs.  (I think this is correct.  Taking out Bama as I know that was SEC.)
  3. OU ran 80 plays against us, so I'm going with an average of 80 defensive plays a game.
  4. On any given play, there are between 3 and 10/11 blocks.  So, I'll go with an average of 6 blocks a play.
  5. 10 games X 80 plays X 6 blocks = 4,800 potential blocks.
  6. Apparently, *4,799 of them have been clean.

* I can't recall the exact # of holds called.  I know one was offsetting against Baylor.  I only recall one hold that was called and accepted.  

I'm sure my effort and math can be picked apart.  Regardless, there is no excuse for our team - giving 100% - to have to play above and beyond the 11 on the other side of the line.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

1. Texas' front 7 and backups have several NFL prospects - some possibly 1st day picks.
  2. Texas has played 10 games w/ Big 12 refs.  (I think this is correct.  Taking out Bama as I know that was SEC.)
  3. OU ran 80 plays against us, so I'm going with an average of 80 defensive plays a game.
  4. On any given play, there are between 3 and 10/11 blocks.  So, I'll go with an average of 6 blocks a play.

* I can't recall the exact # of holds called.  I know one was offsetting against Baylor.  I only recall one hold that was called and accepted.  

I'm sure my effort and math can be picked apart.  Regardless, there is no excuse for our team - giving 100% - to have to play above and beyond the 11 on the other side of the line.

okay, now do the same calculation for our peers, as in the top 4 contenders in the Big 12.    If our opponents' percentage of good blocks is 99.6% or something like that, get the same number for the peers.

I would imagine the % of peers' opponents would be something like 98% or less.  

Then, and this is drawing from my Stat for Paych class at UT in spring 1986, run a T-test based on the idea of disproving the null hypothesis, null hypothesis being the % should be within the standard error margin, etc.  (That old man was a pretty good stat. professor, but of course I've forgotten most of it.)

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

There is no mystery. Big XII refs let our opposing OLines hold with impunity. It is known.

Our guys still manage to wreck shop. They are that good.

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

okay, now do the same calculation for our peers, as in the top 4 contenders in the Big 12.    If our opponents' percentage of good blocks is 99.6% or something like that, get the same number for the peers.

I would imagine the % of peers' opponents would be something like 98% or less.  

Then, and this is drawing from my Stat for Paych class at UT in spring 1986, run a T-test based on the idea of disproving the null hypothesis, null hypothesis being the % should be within the standard error margin, etc.  (That old man was a pretty good stat. professor, but of course I've forgotten most of it.)

I thought about that.  Holding is called less overall in the Big 12 as compared to most conferences.  My argument is that it's going to have a far more negative effect on a team like TX.  Hence, point #1.

These motherfuckers. I once scoffed at people who believed there was some kind of collective agenda by officials to fuck over a team. Incompetent shit happens and people would take it personally. But this has been overt. Mar and his crew are openly antagonistic. They don't screw you by throwing the flag, although occasionally that's the case. But the most efficient way are the non calls, particularly interference and holding and spots. 

• Hook 'Em 3