Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

For all intensive purposes, Looch’s comments should give aggy piece of mind. It would be unfair to make the Elk the escape goat for the deep-seeded problems Jimbo left. Recruiting is a doggy dog world and the Elk will soon prove whether he’s run these roads enough to pass mustard. 

Irregardless, its a mute point that aggy is but a prawn in the game of chess that is big boy foosball.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Teryor said:

Fong reported today that they had an in-home last week. Guess that didn't move the needle

Did Elko recruit much when he was DC for aggy? I thought I read that he didn't do much recruiting. Maybe Jimbo was trying to hide him.

I just don't see him resonating in any way with recruits. I'd like to see his close record starting from this year. I bet it will suck.

Plus he looks like the type of person who would take a giant shit in a recruit's home. Those were fun times.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

Did Elko recruit much when he was DC for aggy? I thought I read that he didn't do much recruiting. Maybe Jimbo was trying to hide him.

I just don't see him resonating in any way with recruits. I'd like to see his close record starting from this year. I bet it will suck.

Plus he looks like the type of person who would take a giant shit in a recruit's home. Those were fun times.

odd that you don't think this guy would resonate with recruits:

Nothing But Trouble (1991)

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

For all intents and purposes, Looch’s comments should give aggy piece of mind. It would be unfair to make the Elk the escape goat for the deep-seated problems Jimbo left. Recruiting is a doggy dog world and the Elk will soon prove whether he’s run these roads enough to pass mustard. 

Are you saying The Elk is fleecing the sheep?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Non-CFB types wondering why the top searches from the 'burbs of Houston:

#3 WHAT the heck is Syracuse?

#2 WHERE the heck is Syracuse?

#1 HOW MUCH MONEY do these dang Syracusians have??  

Syracuse is a historic city on the Italian island of Sicily. The city is notable for its rich Greek and Roman history, culture, amphitheatres, architecture, and as the birthplace and home of the pre-eminent mathematician and engineer Archimedes. Living in Syracuse is about 10% cheaper than other parts of Italy. There's some old money there, but it seems doubtful they would be able to support a top-tier NIL operation.

About Sicily - Reservations services (NO FEES!) for Holiday Rentals, Tours  and more in Sicily - Rentals Italia

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Syracuse is a historic city on the Italian island of Sicily. The city is notable for its rich Greek and Roman history, culture, amphitheatres, architecture, and as the birthplace and home of the pre-eminent mathematician and engineer Archimedes. Living in Syracuse is about 10% cheaper than other parts of Italy. There's some old money there, but it seems doubtful they would be able to support a top-tier NIL operation.

About Sicily - Reservations services (NO FEES!) for Holiday Rentals, Tours  and more in Sicily - Rentals Italia

Buddy, I wouldn't mind livin' in Pizza Merinara that's some good eatin' right there. Didn't know Argentina was so close to It'ly, tho

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This is chinpubes, right? Holy shit the balls on him to type that after what A&M did in 2022. 

But that’s different. Aggy’s only success, such as it is, has been when they were illegally paying players. They want THOSE rules so they can cheat. They can’t afford to play by THESE rules and it isn’t fair. 

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Are you a college DB? Can you fog a mirror? Mike Elko has an offer in your mailbox.

Lol, I watched this guy get toasted by WMU on MACtion some random Tuesday night. It’s interesting that they apparently used a photo from what I assume was a previous year, because he wore #3 this year. I know that because I saw CMU, remembered how shitty that D was (particularly in the secondary), and rechecked the roster.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Melko apparently ate most of the coffee cake and just sat there eating and heavily breathing while whichever assistant that was with him spent the entire meeting talking shit about Florida.

Yeah, but did he take a giant shit & clog their toilet?

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Pretty sure he takes giant shits wherever he goes. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm sure aggy will still recruit fairly well based on $ but I think @closetojumpingput it best. A lot of people really underestimated how good of a recruiter Jimbo was. A disaster of a coach but that guy was an elite recruiter. 

Top 5 was his ceiling and top 10 was his floor. I'm far from sold that Elko's ceiling in recruiting is top 5. 

I think #1 Best Ever Recruiting Class in History was his ceiling.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Anytime someone uses that in my presence, I give them a "who farted?" look and then turn my head. It's not even worth a verbal response. Absolute childishness.

I heard an older guy use "t-sip" the other day. I just laughed and said "wow yall still say that?" He started blathering about "old army" or some nonsense and i just got out of there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I have to tell you, I don't know if I can handle this if it is true. They are speculating on the aggie 247 board that, because Elijah Robinson is still an employee at Texas A&M and because he is currently the active head coach, his in-home visit to McKinley may count as ATM's official head coach in-home for that recruit. I mean, surely not, right? But, if so, hahahahahahahahahaaha!!

Oh snap.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have to tell you, I don't know if I can handle this if it is true. They are speculating on the aggie 247 board that, because Elijah Robinson is still an employee at Texas A&M and because he is currently the active head coach, his in-home visit to McKinley may count as ATM's official head coach in-home for that recruit. I mean, surely not, right? But, if so, hahahahahahahahahaaha!!

I mean that makes sense. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spindletop said:

Robinson is coaching their bowl game right? The decision to let him stay on when he's already working for another school is baffling.

It works out when people have integrity, like Choate. Elijah Robinson is a mercenary just like the vast majority of his players. They're getting exactly the treatment they warrant.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dear sweet baby Jesus, please make this true.