The Surly Official 2020 I voted thread.

immamac

2 minutes ago, AngryDragon said:

Voted in Allen today. Waited about 30 minutes. Was happy to see minorities constitute about half of the line. The GOP needs to burn in hell. 

Which place did you go? How many booths available? Surprised the city hall building is not a early voting location this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Covri said:

Which place did you go? How many booths available? Surprised the city hall building is not a early voting location this year.

At the Allen ISD service center. Plenty of booths available but took a while because they were only letting in a certain amount of people due to social distancing. They were moving the line pretty fast though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I mailed mine in a week or two ago. Received text confirmation that it's been received and good to go. My wife's went in the mail today. The only R to get a vote on either ballot was on a local election where we both know the D candidate. I voted for him but she thinks he's of questionable character, so she voted for the R candidate there.

• Hook 'Em 6

I'll cross-post this with the "Voter Suppression" thread.

So I went this morning to my spot in Houston. Literally no wait at the walk in line, strolled right in. Interestingly, since we never received the mail-in ballots we requested, I had to fill out some paperwork to void that ballot. Problem is, guys said they were unfamiliar with the process and they had just gotten new instructions yesterday. Also, their software was glitchy. That being said they figured it out, and it took about 10 minutes to square away. Went and voted.

Interestingly, also germane to suppression, is that despite yesterday's orders by the Texas courts, the drive in line was still operating. There were about 15-20 cars in the tents or in line waiting to vote using that method. Interesting considering the court ruling. 

D all the way down, get bent motherfuckers. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Dropped my ballot last week, received notification from the BOE of it being received and processed. Voting Blue in PG County is nbd.   Only difficult question was on a gambling expansion, voted no. Great Success!

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I want to vote so bad but my car died a week ago and not sure when I'm getting it back. Closest location is an hour walk. (I will happily walk an hour to vote if it comes to that). Or Lyft.

tenor.gif?itemid=13761885

Edited by thepop
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, thepop said:

I want to vote so bad but my car died a week ago and not sure when I'm getting it back. Closest location is an hour walk. (I will happily walk an hour to vote if it comes to that). Or Lyft.

tenor.gif?itemid=13761885

No access to a bicycle? Shit man, you can probably get one at a pawn shop for $20. What about rollerblades? You seem like a rollerblades kinda guy. 

Voted in the Flawn this morning (UGL for you old fucks). Line was around half the building when things opened at 7, but I walked over from my office in Main at 8:30 and there was no line at all. I guess things are so efficient when everyone is only hitting the Dem button.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

No access to a bicycle? Shit man, you can probably get one at a pawn shop for $20. What about rollerblades? You seem like a rollerblades kinda guy. 

Biking on southwest parkway...prolly not a good idea

58 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Voted in the Flawn this morning (UGL for you old fucks). Line was around half the building when things opened at 7, but I walked over from my office in Main at 8:30 and there was no line at all. I guess things are so efficient when everyone is only hitting the Dem button.

Are you being literal with the comment relating to the Dem button? There wasn't a straight ticket option for me in Houston. I had to vote for each race which took some time. Is Austin offering straight ticket?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Are you being literal with the comment relating to the Dem button? There wasn't a straight ticket option for me in Houston. I had to vote for each race which took some time. Is Austin offering straight ticket?

Since Texas no longer has straight ticket voting, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say no.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's a 1/3 chance we voted at the same location, and yeah, no straight ticket. I enjoyed every single rotation of the wheel and Enter associated with the dem party candidates. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As others have stated, I was being facetious. 

3 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Voted in Cedar Park over lunch yesterday. Easy breezy1d3f91170d5ac00bbd302b140859897a.jpg

I have that shirt, same color even. Two chicks asked to take a picture of it in the grocery store parking lot the other day.

No pics. You don't want, think extra heavy, hairy, patchouli hippie types.

Anyway, I rolled by the polling location about 7:45 this am, the olds were already lining up, so maybe tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

First time to post on Surly; I used to post once in a while on the old site. Dittmar Rec Center is the polling location closest to me. I went there about 7:30 this morning, and it looked like there were 200-300 people in line outside, so I passed. Went just before 10:00 this morning, and there were probably 50 people in line. Start to finish, about 30 minutes in line, in nice weather. Voted D across the board. Suck on that, President Dunning-Kruger.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I voted the shit out of that ballot

Did you go home and baste the shit out of that roast too?

Anyways, I voted this morning. Literally took 20 minutes to leave the house and to return...of course I did this at 7 A.M...take note.

• Hook 'Em 1