Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wait a minute ... I must have been asleep for the past week. What is the slavery thing and why is DeSantis defending it?

They are rewriting Florida’s history curriculum to show that it was more like an apprenticeship.  Valuable job skills were learned.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

They could have had the vp spot locked up without exposing meatball as the fraud that he is

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that these two dumbfucks couldn't put 2 and 2 together and realize that the best chance for a Trump reelection, and the only chance that DeSantis ever had to win a future Presidential election was running on the same ticket in '24. 

Now it's too late. Ronnie has ruined his brand enough that the guy facing a half dozen indictments would never select him as his VP.

Edited by aggie08

9 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that these two dumbfucks couldn't put 2 and 2 together and realize that the best chance for a Trump reelection, and the only chance that DeSantis ever had to win a future Presidential election was running on the same ticket in '24. 

Now it's too late. Ronnie has ruined his brand enough that the guy facing a half dozen indictments would never select him as his VP.

we’re talking about dumb and dumber here

all team meatball had to do, kiss trump’s ass for the vp spot. Trump get thrown in jail and meatball is the R nominee 

14 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

They are rewriting Florida’s history curriculum to show that it was more like an apprenticeship.  Valuable job skills were learned.

And lots of white kids work for free now at internships. Pretty much like slavery. Don't hear them crying for money from mom and dad. Besides, all the slaves must be like really old now or something, probably retired with pensions by now.

7 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

And lots of white kids work for free now at internships. Pretty much like slavery. Don't hear them crying for money from mom and dad. Besides, all the slaves must be like really old now or something, probably retired with pensions by now.

Between their pensions and social security, they’re quite well off. 

• Drool 1

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously. And why? Why was it so important to re-raise the tired old “hey, slavery wasn’t ALL bad banner” again? What did it get you? What votes/support did it really garner that he didn’t already have? Just fucking dumb.

These guys have gotten so used to being mean racist pieces of shit just for fun, with no repercussions, that when it finally bites them in the ass, they’re utterly flummoxed.

You sound woke. 

I haven't exactly paid a lot of attention to Florida state politics.  Only in the last few months have I made it a point to see what DeSantis is doing.

Holy smokes, he is a dumbass.  Maybe not dumber than Trump, but it's a horse race for sure.

15 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I haven't exactly paid a lot of attention to Florida state politics.  Only in the last few months have I made it a point to see what DeSantis is doing.

Holy smokes, he is a dumbass.  Maybe not dumber than Trump, but it's a horse race for sure.

dumb and lost is not a good look. what gets trump by is he is dumb but confident. Rod is dumb and acts cocksure, but is clearly not confident. he either doesn't believe the lies/propaganda he spews, or more than likely he's just fucking out of his element. it's the same if Abbott were to really step out on the national stage. he's safe behind his big govner badge, but to the rest of the country he's a clown and doesn't connect with people well at all. 

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Damn I knew Trump would lay waste to meatball but the number of unforced errors is mind boggling.  I just hope there’s enough of Dion left to crawl up on that first debate stage so trump can eviscerate what’s left.    

Trump might not even be there, but the other candidates will easily and gladly peck at his liver like a wake of vultures. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

My favorite part of the NYT article on Trump's numbers in their most recent NYT/Sienna poll.

Yet Mr. Trump’s grip on the Republican Party is so strong, the Times/Siena poll found, that in a head-to-head contest with Mr. DeSantis, Mr. Trump still received 22 percent among voters who believe he has committed serious federal crimes — a greater share than the 17 percent that Mr. DeSantis earned from the entire G.O.P. electorate.

Trump Crushing DeSantis and GOP Rivals, Times/Siena Poll Finds - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

• Haha 4

Just now, Anastasis said:

If Biden and Desantis go head to head and uncle joe forgets to campaign in Wisconsin, are y’all gonna blame it on Russia?

No, just the useful idiots manipulated by the Russian into voting for Orangutan Jesus

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If Biden and Desantis go head to head and uncle joe forgets to campaign in Wisconsin, are y’all gonna blame it on Russia again?

If that's the general election decision, you realize that means one of two things has happened and a third thing resulted.  Trump is imprisoned or Trump is dead.  And the end result either way is my body is found having OD'd on heroin with my dick wedged into a bottle of creme de menthe on a Portuguese freighter. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If that's the general election decision, you realize that means one of two things has happened and a third thing resulted.  Trump is imprisoned or Trump is dead.  And the end result either way is my body is found having OD'd on heroin with my dick wedged into a bottle of creme de menthe on a Portuguese freighter. 

Even if Trump is imprisoned he's still going to with the GOP nomination unless they cook the RNC to steal it from him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

838c663236cd42985568774d70c3b5c3.gif

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Would you like to get some action on a wager like "One of the three (trump, biden, desantis) expire prior to inauguration day 2025."?  Cause depending on where you draw the line with the odds, I'd be willing to put something out there. 

5 hours ago, locodos said:

No, just the useful idiots manipulated by the Russian into voting for Orangutan Jesus

Propping up Trump and encouraging the media to cover him as a serious candidate was literally the DNC strategy through the primaries. But tell me more about Russian influence operations please.  

18 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Would you like to get some action on a wager like "One of the three (trump, biden, desantis) expire prior to inauguration day 2025."?  Cause depending on where you draw the line with the odds, I'd be willing to put something out there. 

Interesting bet.  According to an actuarial table I found, here are the life expectancies for each candidate:

Trump:  8.77 years

Biden:  7.31 years

DeSantis:  33.05 years

So, none would be "expected" to die in the next 18 months.  Will all three make it?  Possibly, but Biden and Trump are pushing it.  If I make the gross assumption that their odds of are dying equal 1.5 years divided by their life expectancy, I'd put the odds of each surviving the next 18 months at 0.794 (Biden), 0.829 (Trump) and 0.955 (DeSantis).  Multiplying them out, the odds of all three surviving the next 18 months could be estimated as 0.63-ish.  Obviously, this doesn't account for any medical or behavioral issues each might have.

Good bet on your part?  At even odds, I guess so.  (I'm winging it.)

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Interesting bet.  According to an actuarial table I found, here are the life expectancies for each candidate:

Trump:  8.77 years

Biden:  7.31 years

DeSantis:  33.05 years

So, none would be "expected" to die in the next 18 months.  Will all three make it?  Possibly, but Biden and Trump are pushing it.  If I make a gross assumption that their odds are dying are 1.5 years divided by their life expectancy, I'd put the odds of each surviving the next 18 months at 0.794 (Biden), 0.829 (Trump) and 0.955 (DeSantis).  Multiplying them out, the odds of all three surviving the next 18 months could be estimated as 0.63-ish.  Obviously, this doesn't account for any medical or behavioral issues each might have.

Good bet on your part?  At even odds, I guess so.  (I'm winging it.)

Trump is a brain damaged fat fuck that eats like shit. Biden has a history of multiple brain aneurysms. DeSantis could get got before a Secret Service detail is provided by any number of lunatics from #bothsides. I don't know the math to set those odds, but feels like it needs to be well north of +200 considering that all of these individuals are getting the best medical care possible if something goes off the rails.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I bet I screwed that up.  The odds of reaching the actuarial life expectancy are probably 50%, so I should have used double the life expectancy as the "zero chance" estimate.  Even that is flawed.  I hate statistics.  Good thing I never really need to use it.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I bet I screwed that up.  The odds of reaching the actuarial life expectancy are probably 50%, so I should have used double the life expectancy as the "zero chance" estimate.  Even that is flawed.  I hate statistics.  Good thing I never really need to use it.

Actuaries are witches. 

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I find it hard to believe that the fat tub of goo would be expected to live to be 86 years old. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Propping up Trump and encouraging the media to cover him as a serious candidate was literally the DNC strategy through the primaries. But tell me more about Russian influence operations please.  

Ok, lets start off with why you thought Trump was a good candidate/president, please be specific

1 hour ago, locodos said:

Ok, lets start off with why you thought Trump was a good candidate/president, please be specific

Our system is not designed to optimize the "goodness" of the candidates for a weighing by the electorate. Trump only had to be a better candidate/campaigner relative to his opposition.  Jesus. 2016 is a case study in American dysfunctional politics flying the plane into the mountain. But sure, keep perseverating on Russia. That's the way we get out of this for sure. Honest self-reflection is not really an American political trait.