Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

I think we can all agree aggy really is better off in the SEC, given that Mond is probably the 3rd or 4th best QB in that conference. Even in a down year for Big 12 QBs, he wouldn't be top half here.

I'm not as down on Hornsby as a player as most folk are these days, but it does certainly look like the hobbit is lucking his way into an upgrade. If King wants to go there, he has a pretty good chance to be a three year starter.

Liucci on the radio this morning. Just said that King is the best QB in the state, and better than Card. This is months after saying Hornsby & Card were the 2 best in state. Mind you, King's tape hasn't changed since then. 

What a bunch of dipshit rubes.

I would have preferred King to Card and said as much early in this cycle. That considered, neither is a can't-miss wizard. There's been some lamenting on here lately that King will fall into -ATM's lap and that it is some sort of coup. The dude is a poor man's white version of Deondre Francois. He might be outstanding, but he's more than likely going to be a middle of the road guy. Better than butthole stink by the names of Calzone or Foster, sure. The next Jameis Winston? No. 

• Like 2

Just now, Thiefery said:

Am I nuts for thinking that J. Jackson will be a better QB than both Card and King..put together when it's all said and done?

No. I want Texas to sign him in the worst possible way, and part of that is my belief that he could be perfect for Herman's system at QB.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No. I want Texas to sign him in the worst possible way, and part of that is my belief that he could be perfect for Herman's system at QB.

Yeah, Jackson’s gotta be like top 5 best players we’re after. I’d have him up there slightly below guys like Evans and Ringo. He’s such a great athlete that he’s almost a can’t miss, because he could work out at like 5 different positions.

as to QB, he’s got a great arm and he’s been progressing a lot with the finer parts of the position. When you look at what Herman was able to do with guys like Braxton Miller and Greg Ward, it’s hard to imagine that Herman couldn’t make it work with Jackson, who’s probably a better passer than both those guys with a similar level of athleticism. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

.269a71922d632c5eecfc38dca0b17c98.jpg39a51a6148878ad67f00645d42753b87.jpg03412cf19729addf0a232c2aa66a556e.jpg6caa4345a7c82cbc437bf438f20d777c.jpg98e7871d269e3856b2ee576cbf18815f.jpg431f8040bb2f8ae8e0a1d560b619ac45.jpgc0ab21e4e95436ccba549f72650046d6.jpg

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

That is a perfect illustration of straight up bullshit. Theres a possible reality where Texas thinks Eaton is ours to lose, but hes plan c for us, at best. Fuck off aTm.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

That is a perfect illustration of straight up bullshit. Theres a possible reality where Texas thinks Eaton is to lose, but hes plan c for us, at best. Fuck off aTm.

And 4 OTs are their "#1". That'll really come in handy when they miss on 3/4.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, Jackson’s gotta be like top 5 best players we’re after. I’d have him up there slightly below guys like Evans and Ringo. He’s such a great athlete that he’s almost a can’t miss, because he could work out at like 5 different positions.

as to QB, he’s got a great arm and he’s been progressing a lot with the finer parts of the position. When you look at what Herman was able to do with guys like Braxton Miller and Greg Ward, it’s hard to imagine that Herman couldn’t make it work with Jackson, who’s probably a better passer than both those guys with a similar level of athleticism. 

So OJ McClintock 2.0?

1:31:00 - 1:35:30

Looch name drops Tim Brewster saying he got a text from him saying '#TheHill is lit', then goes into the Hornsby commitment. This leads him to throw shade at Vince Young and his deranged revisionist history with, "contrary to popular belief, not developing as a passer is why he isn't in the NFL anymore, not because of Jeff Fisher." And of course, aggy didn't lose Hornsby, Jimbo just didn't want him anymore. 

1:35:30 - 1:39:30

"Haynes King is becoming an east Texas legend, getting into that Johnny Manziel mode." and also, "Most people who have watched both have said Haynes King is better than Hudson Card."

1:54:45 - 2:04:30

Gabe is "shocked" at the 21 point underdog aggy is at Clemson. Looch, though, has a SHOCKING prediction about how that game will go. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/1Qr4XfG6HQk/0117209-vwdz.mp3

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Looch name drops Tim Brewster saying he got a text from him saying '#TheHill is lit', then goes into the Hornsby commitment. This leads him to throw shade at Vince Young and his deranged revisionist history with, "contrary to popular belief, not developing as a passer is why he isn't in the NFL anymore, not because of Jeff Fisher." And of course, aggy didn't lose Hornsby, Jimbo just didn't want him anymore. 

"Haynes King is becoming an east Texas legend, getting into that Johnny Manziel mode." and also, "Most people who have watched both have said Haynes King is better than Hudson Card."

Gabe is "shocked" at the 21 point underdog aggy is at Clemson. Looch, though, has a SHOCKING prediction about how that game will go. 

Imagine pretending that Jeff Fisher wasn't the issue when he killed every QB he touched since McNair. He made the second best young QB in the league look like a bust. Like Jesus if you make Goff look like a bust and are a perennial 7-9 guy just maybe you should get the blame for sucking when a QB that ignores you on his way to a RotY and 2 Pro Bowls is broken by you.

22 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

maybe A&M will beat THEM by 21!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I hope we use him in a 2007 Florida Tim Tebow short yardage package early on, and then slowly add more to his place. He's not a great QB at this point, but he's special as a runner, he's an alpha, and he has a big arm, and he can help our short yardage efficiency early on 

Regarding Sayles saying all three DL are Texas vs A&M battles, Super K thinks LSU is running second for Broughton and Princely right now

I'd take Texas over the field for each individually right now, although I'm not sure if I'd say it's more likely than not that we land all three

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

Looch says he was getting "The Shocker" when he heard the prediction of how the game would go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Agree, I think he would stick at QB and have a great career here.  

@GlenFromTheMailRoom  I haven't paid attention to discussions about Card to WR, but he is a great one.  Running in space he's fun to watch and he has sticky hands. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fud said:

Regarding Sayles saying all three DL are Texas vs A&M battles, Super K thinks LSU is running second for Broughton and Princely right now

I'd take Texas over the field for each individually right now, although I'm not sure if I'd say it's more likely than not that we land all three

I hope we keep recruiting others and I am sure we are. Seems to be some drama with Princely, EJ mentioned something about Broughton recruitment having a new person in the process that has made things interesting. 

aggy loses preferred walk-on QB to ohio state.....

Ohio State has added another quarterback to its 2019 roster.  Jagger LaRoe, who spent last season at Texas A&M, announced Sunday on Twitter that he is transferring to Ohio State. 

A native of Colleyville, Texas, LaRoe did not see any playing time in his lone season with the Aggies. A preferred walk-on, LaRoe comes to Ohio State as a redshirt freshman with four remaining years of eligibility, and under recent NCAA transfer rule changes, he is immediately eligible to play since he was a walk-on at Texas A&M.

Before Texas A&M, LaRoe threw for 3,029 yards and 33 touchdowns with only five interceptions in his senior season at Colleyville Heritage High School. He transferred to Colleyville after playing at Bishop Lynch in Dallas as a high school junior.

Ohio State now has six quarterbacks on its roster for the 2019 season, also including scholarship players Justin Fields, Gunnar Hoak and Chris Chugunov (who each also transferred from other Power 5 schools) and walk-ons Danny Vanatsky and JP Andrade.

Edited by LTtxfan

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

aggy loses preferred walk-on QB to ohio state.....

Ohio State has added another quarterback to its 2019 roster.  Jagger LaRoe, who spent last season at Texas A&M, announced Sunday on Twitter that he is transferring to Ohio State. 

A native of Colleyville, Texas, LaRoe did not see any playing time in his lone season with the Aggies. A preferred walk-on, LaRoe comes to Ohio State as a redshirt freshman with four remaining years of eligibility, and under recent NCAA transfer rule changes, he is immediately eligible to play since he was a walk-on at Texas A&M.

Before Texas A&M, LaRoe threw for 3,029 yards and 33 touchdowns with only five interceptions in his senior season at Colleyville Heritage High School. He transferred to Colleyville after playing at Bishop Lynch in Dallas as a high school junior.

Ohio State now has six quarterbacks on its roster for the 2019 season, also including scholarship players Justin Fields, Gunnar Hoak and Chris Chugunov (who each also transferred from other Power 5 schools) and walk-ons Danny Vanatsky and JP Andrade.

I wonder which 2021 5 star he’s friends with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1