A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

16 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

"There it is folks, dig in. It's not getting any warmer. There's a cardboard cutout of me by the door you can get a picture while you leave. There, fulfilled all the obligations on the invite -- got food, some candles, take a picture. No refunds."

Trump's Fast Food Photo Op Tops This Week's Internet News | WIRED

I’ve got the worst fucking caterers 

8 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Garland prosecuted Ted Kaczynski and Timothy McVeigh;

What work did Garland do in these cases that was remarkable?  I’m curious as this is a frequent talking point to bolster Garland’s credentials.  McVeigh was caught shortly after the bombing and Unabomber was turned in by his brother.  What am I not seeing?

11 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

this was measured and designed to have Trump speak out first, and let him stick himself in a box.  predictably, that's exactly what he did and ended up making a fool of himself with a multitude of new rationales/lies

Oh, the master strategy was to let Trump set the narrative in the public sphere? 

You are free to disagree but this looks like Mueller all over again.  Too little, too late.  Wheels of justice turn slow (unless you’re Reality Winner).  Blah blah blah.  

I want you to be right but the evidence over time in front of me tells me something different. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What work did Garland do in these cases that was remarkable?  I’m curious as this is a frequent talking point to bolster Garland’s credentials.  McVeigh was caught shortly after the bombing and Unabomber was turned in by his brother.  What am I not seeing?

Oh, the master strategy was to let Trump set the narrative in the public sphere? 

You are free to disagree but this looks like Mueller all over again.  Too little, too late.  Wheels of justice turn slow (unless you’re Reality Winner).  Blah blah blah.  

I want you to be right but the evidence over time in front of me tells me something different. 

you evidently were pinning your hopes on this prosecution being a big secret somehow, as though that was ever a possibility.

now it is something that is "too little too late," whatever that might mean here.  

if you are just generally skeptical that he'll ever see punishment, that's fine.  i am too.  but your efforts to identify why are flailing.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

if you are just generally skeptical that he'll ever see punishment, that's fine.  i am too.  but your efforts to identify why are flailing.

Trump is walking freely among us and inciting his supporters to political violence. 

12 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:
18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

you evidently were pinning your hopes on this prosecution being a big secret somehow, as though that was ever a possibility.

Nope, I think the plan was to retrieve the stolen documents and then maybe prosecute some low level guy for negligence. 

None of the big January 6 conspirators/organizers have faced meaningful consequences.  

Garland let the statute of limitations expire on all of Trump’s obstruction crimes while in office.   

There is not a lack of evidence. 

There isn’t a missing smoking gun. 

It just a corrupt system trying to sustain itself. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Comparing impeachment shit or arguably criminal indictment of a sitting President to a DOJ case that is as close to fitting all elements as humanly possible is not well argued.   You are apples and potato-ing this something fierce. 

As long as stupid Maggots stroll the earth you can get a hung jury, true.   But that does not mean we won’t see a trial - and a prolonged focus tv event  reveal of his lies and illegality.    

That might….might….be enough to change election results regardless of conviction.   

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

"There it is folks, dig in. It's not getting any warmer. There's a cardboard cutout of me by the door you can get a picture while you leave. There, fulfilled all the obligations on the invite -- got food, some candles, take a picture. No refunds."

Trump's Fast Food Photo Op Tops This Week's Internet News | WIRED

image.thumb.png.025e7156f6738cadcced67f9eb02defa.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Comparing impeachment shit or arguably criminal indictment of a sitting President to a DOJ case that is as close to fitting all elements as humanly possible is not well argued.   You are apples and potato-ing this something fierce. 

As long as stupid Maggots stroll the earth you can get a hung jury, true.   But that does not mean we won’t see a trial - and a prolonged focus tv event  reveal of his lies and illegality.    

That might….might….be enough to change election results regardless of conviction.   

Look, I don’t even like my own opinion but I ain’t going to lie either. At this point Garland needs to indict Trump or resign but I suspect neither will happen. 

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

this was measured and designed to have Trump speak out first, and let him stick himself in a box.  predictably, that's exactly what he did and ended up making a fool of himself with a multitude of new rationales/lies.

Plus he got a couple of his followers killed in the process. 

18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

At this point Garland needs to indict Trump or resign but I suspect neither will happen. 

It's amazing how much of a moron you truly are. 

Nothing is ever good enough for you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Even if Trump is never indicted he had shit he shouldn’t have.  Which certainly makes indictment more likely but that we got this stuff back is paramount. 

Is it all back?  Do they know everything that was given to him?  Maybe there’s a duffel bag of papers in a hvac vent that they missed. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is it all back?  Do they know everything that was given to him?  Maybe there’s a duffel bag of papers in a hvac vent that they missed. 

Sure.  All that.  Keep investigating as it makes indictment more likely.  But indictment is secondary to getting shit back and making sure he doesn’t have it.  

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

Now we know why people like Jon Sale are turning him down. He wants to get the documents back and won't accept that they aren't his to keep. 

It’s a work. He’s trying to negate mens rea by making people think that he legit believes that he won the 2020 election. It’s a cynical ruse at best. If he really is telling lawyers that, then that means he’s just like a bad combination of Andy Kaufman, Alan Dershowitz and Terry Bollea: never off the work.

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i 100% disagree with this take.  

this was measured and designed to have Trump speak out first, and let him stick himself in a box.  predictably, that's exactly what he did and ended up making a fool of himself with a multitude of new rationales/lies.

when stupid decides to speak, give him a stage and stay outta the way.

second, they knew what they had and were going to get, and there's absolutely no explaining that away.

Garland prosecuted Ted Kaczynski and Timothy McVeigh; he knows what he's doing and how to line up all the right targets in sequential order in big cases.  and you can bet your ass he's done that here 50-fold.   

he knows you don't try to fry this particular fish until it's absolutely certain it's going to be dropped in the grease.

A quiet assassin, not a gloryguts politician.

Just the man for the job.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

I know this has been done to death and then some, but my lord imagine the reaction on the right if Obama served fucking McDonalds in the White House. 

And also done to death is imagining how bad every President before Obama would get it. Obama definitely had it bad and worse, but there is an expectation of Presidents and First Ladies to host dignitaries and notable citizens with grace and style.

I dont really know how different it was, but I think the formalities at the White House were greatly curtailed during dotards stay. He gets tired at night and his wife cant converse in English. He’s awkward and hates people.

Maybe a pipedream, but I want a President like Michael Douglas in American President - smarter than me, more considerate than me, better looking, and bagging prime Annette Bening. And feeling guilty that one Libyan janitor’s about to be collateral damage in a US missile strike.
  • Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, immamac said:

You are trolling and in here talking about shit you have no idea about like it's fact and arguing with people who are telling you that this is how history has shown you have to deal with something this serious. 

We can't be cool because you are being very fucking uncool. Your opinion is heard. Stop blathering and contesting people like it's fact. 

Happy Thank U GIF by Shark Week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

You are trolling and in here talking about shit you have no idea about like it's fact and arguing with people who are telling you that this is how history has shown you have to deal with something this serious. 

We can't be cool because you are being very fucking uncool. Your opinion is heard. Stop blathering and contesting people like it's fact. 

Becool Uncool GIF - Becool Uncool Therealhousewives ...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I'm being serious here...may be the right wing whackos were right and he is a Russian troll?

Why exactly are ex-presidents allowed to pack up whatever they want from the oval office  and take it out of the WH unscreened?  They should be allowed to take the clothes on their backs, their toothbrush and nothing else on move out day.  Everything else should be packaged, screened, and re-screened by the FBI prior to delivery months later.  

37 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Why exactly are ex-presidents allowed to pack up whatever they want from the oval office  and take it out of the WH unscreened?  They should be allowed to take the clothes on their backs, their toothbrush and nothing else on move out day.  Everything else should be packaged, screened, and re-screened by the FBI prior to delivery months later.  

It all goes back to we don’t have to be like that, because a president would never behave in such a way. 

and it worked for over 200 years. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

44 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

From what I've heard, because he was so convinced he was going to be able to hang on to his throne, there were few preparations made to actually move the fuck out.  So when he did, they threw shit together chaotically.  There were numerous people who told him not to take that shit, and he told them to fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Not trolling. 

if I can’t speculate about the malfeasance of my government on a Texas Longhorns political talk message then what the hell is anyone doing here?

Don’t worry, I’ll post less anyway. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It all goes back to we don’t have to be like that, because a president would never behave in such a way. 

and it worked for over 200 years. 

Yep.  People are like, "the PRA has no teeth."  Well, no one thought it needed any, it was just an administrative provision to make it clear that the stuff of presidents belongs to the people via the National Archives, and that's it.  It never occurred to anyone that it needed "teeth."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not trolling. 

if I can’t speculate about the malfeasance of my government on a Texas Longhorns political talk message then what the hell is anyone doing here?

Don’t worry, I’ll post less anyway. 

Your desperation combined with your posting style ultimately ends up poisoning any worthwhile contributions you make here and many find you annoying as fuck as a result.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Maybe a pipedream, but I want a President like Michael Douglas in American President - smarter than me, more considerate than me, better looking, and bagging prime Annette Bening. And feeling guilty that one Libyan janitor’s about to be collateral damage in a US missile strike.

well yeah, we’d all like to live in the sorkinverse. 

I remain fascinated about the possible plans Trump had for some of our most classified secrets. Why would he pick and choose which secrets he would keep and which ones he would surrender. It’s unfathomable that a POTUS would act to recklessly.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement