A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

To properly obtain a search warrant, you must have probable cause that a crime has been committed and evidence of said crime will be found at the searched premises.  That goes a bit beyond mere suspicion.

Surely, you aren't advocating that DOJ go all Louisville PD/Houston PD and make up shit to get a search warrant. 

Durham brought two loser cases and lost.  But he had probable cause to indict the two cases or they never would have made it to trial.

This is what happens when you don't carefully nail shit down.

The one sure way to insure that Trump never suffers consequences is to bring some half-assed, politically motivated prosecution, where the charged crimes aren't supported by the law or the provable facts, i.e. pull a Durham.

DOJ prosecutors have said they slready have enough evidence to charge Trump with obstruction. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

To properly obtain a search warrant, you must have probable cause that a crime has been committed and evidence of said crime will be found at the searched premises.  That goes a bit beyond mere suspicion.

Surely, you aren't advocating that DOJ go all Louisville PD/Houston PD and make up shit to get a search warrant. 

Durham brought two loser cases and lost.  But he had probable cause to indict the two cases or they never would have made it to trial.

This is what happens when you don't carefully nail shit down.

The one sure way to insure that Trump never suffers consequences is to bring some half-assed, politically motivated prosecution, where the charged crimes aren't supported by the law or the provable facts, i.e. pull a Durham.

Did I not just recently see photo evidence of people moving boxes of docs to his other properties?  

40 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

DOJ prosecutors have said they slready have enough evidence to charge Trump with obstruction. 

But they are going to charge him with everything related, and there are at least two other crimes under consideration.

And, enough to charge is not the same as enough to convict.  But I think they're damned close.

You can't do this piecemeal.  That's a Durham-type move.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

But they are going to charge him with everything related, and there are at least two other crimes under consideration.
And, enough to charge is not the same as enough to convict.  But I think they're damned close.
You can't do this piecemeal.  That's a Durham-type move.

We can’t do it at all. That’s a “functioning Republic”-type move. And we aren’t that.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We can’t do it at all. That’s a “functioning Republic”-type move. And we aren’t that.

If we were at a point where GarlandCo declined prosecution on this and 1/6, I might agree.  Or worse, did some namby-pamby shit like let the FBI Director announce the decision. But we're not there yet.

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

Edited by TwiceHorn

11 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

DOJ Prosecutors Have Evidence To Charge Trump With Obstruction In Mar-A-Lago Case—But Still Unclear If They Will, Report Says

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2022/10/19/doj-prosecutors-have-evidence-to-charge-trump-with-obstruction-in-mar-a-lago-case-but-still-unclear-if-they-will-report-says/amp/

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhh!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

As I have predicted, rumors are swirling that Trump wants to "settle" the Mar A Lago dispute.  https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/19/politics/trump-mar-a-lago-second-search/index.html

He's feeling the heat, losing his attempts to be dilatory, so, true to plan tendency (there's never a plan with this asshole) he's going to try to "settle."  Except crimes don't work that way, Donald.

Of course it works that way. Black guy with pot “settles” for 25 years to avoid life, white ex president who incited an insurrection and stole nuclear secrets “settles” for a fine and community service shaking hands at mar-a-lago. Remember that old Chapelle's Show sketch? 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

8 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

he still won’t get it.

he wouldn’t have done shit for israel if he saw it playing out this way. 

also 27% seems high. 

And the fact that TFG doesn't recognize that American Jews for the most part care far more about issues that actually affect their day to day lives and their children's futures than whether the U.S. embassy to Israel is located in Tel Aviv or 30 miles away in Jerusalem says everything about his complete lack of understanding of anyone apart from himself.  Aside from also being antisemitic itself, assuming that everyone who's Jewish only cares about Israel to the exclusion of everything else.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

he still won’t get it.

he wouldn’t have done shit for israel if he saw it playing out this way. 

also 27% seems high. 

I don’t know. I think he did it more to please his evangelical Christian base than American Jews. Plus he had Jared in his ear who was always willing to do uncle Bibi’s bidding, a guy who like Trump is also a far-right asshole who hated Barack Obama. Plus Netanyahu knows how to manipulate Trump too, just drop a few compliments about his strength and leadership and you can get whatever you want.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t know. I think he did it more to please his evangelical Christian base than American Jews. Plus he had Jared in his ear who was always willing to do uncle Bibi’s bidding, a guy who like Trump is also a far-right asshole who hated Barack Obama. Plus Netanyahu knows how to manipulate Trump too, just drop a few compliments about his strength and leadership and you can get whatever you want.

People like Trump and evangelicals still dislike Jews, but the whole fundamentalist eschatology requires the continued existence of Israel, so that's what that's all about.  Plus, dirty Jews in the Middle East are still better than dirty Ay-rabs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

People like Trump and evangelicals still dislike Jews, but the whole fundamentalist eschatology requires the continued existence of Israel, so that's what that's all about.  Plus, dirty Jews in the Middle East are still better than dirty Ay-rabs.

Yep. They need the Jews to rebuild the Temple so Jesus can return and send them all to Hell. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Don't that Saudis have some yellow cake we can use as an excuse to invade?

If only Colin Powell was still alive to speak at the UN.

<sigh>

First, Powell never mentioned yellowcake in his UN speech.

Second, George Tenet is still around. He’s the one who said the intelligence was a “slam dunk.” There’s a reason Powell made Tenet sit behind him at the UN.

Third, the speech was produced in Dick Cheney’s office and provided to Powell just four days before his scheduled address. His staff at State told him that a lot of the intelligence was questionable. He was in a tough spot. Hindsight is 20/20 and he has since said he should’ve resigned. But the CIA Director said it was a slam dunk and the President wanted him to go make the case for war. In the end he was a good soldier and followed orders. He got used because he’s a credible and respected source and it turned out to be the low point of his career. But Bush, Cheney, Tenet, and others deserve a lot more blame than he does.

I wish the tired old trope of blaming Powell for the UN speech would die. Like I said, he got used. They weren’t his lies. He was just made to read them. And he later went on to endorse both Obama and Clinton because he’d seen firsthand what had become of the Republican Party.

Finally, nothing in Powell’s speech was an excuse to invade. We were always going to invade. We would’ve invaded if Powell hadn’t given his speech. That was just used as cover. We would’ve invaded even if 9/11 had never happened. That was just an excuse. The invasion of Iraq was discussed at Dubya’s first cabinet meeting. It was inevitable.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

<sigh>

Second, George Tenet is still around. He’s the one who said the intelligence was a “slam dunk.” There’s a reason Powell made Tenet sit behind him at the UN.

Third, the speech was produced in Dick Cheney’s office and provided to Powell just four days before his scheduled address. His staff at State told him that a lot of the intelligence was questionable. He was in a tough spot. Hindsight is 20/20 and he has since said he should’ve resigned. But the CIA Director said it was a slam dunk and the President wanted him to go make the case for war. In the end he was a good soldier and followed orders. He got used because he’s a credible and respected source and it turned out to be the low point of his career. But Bush, Cheney, Tenet, and others deserve a lot more blame than he does.

I wish the tired old trope of blaming Powell for the UN speech would die. Like I said, he got used. They weren’t his lies. He was just made to read them. And he later went on to endorse both Obama and Clinton because he’d seen firsthand what had become of the Republican Party.

Finally, nothing in Powell’s speech was an excuse to invade. We were always going to invade. We would’ve invaded if Powell hadn’t given his speech. That was just used as cover. We would’ve invaded even if 9/11 had never happened. That was just an excuse. The invasion of Iraq was discussed at Dubya’s first cabinet meeting. It was inevitable.

You're saying they set up the black guy? Does George Tenet have Bellmont on his resume? Circa 2013-2014 maybe?

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

<sigh>

I agree with you that Tenet, Cheney, etc all were beating the drums of war before 911 and that just ramped everything up. I disagree that Powell was a naive good soldier though. You don't get to where he did by being that politically naive. He knew the reason they wanted him was for the credibility factor. If his staff said the intelligence was suspect, he knew what he was doing.

15 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

You're saying they set up the black guy?

It’s hard not to wonder if that wasn’t part of it. And I know that the core insiders in the Bush/Cheney administration were a bunch of white guys. Powell and his deputy Dick Armitage used to complain that State was often kept out of the loop. But it’s also true that Powell had a distinguished reputation and made for a convincing messenger. Imagine Bush up there reading that speech. Powell had a lot more gravitas. And, I suppose, to a certain extent he was expendable. 

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Can you be compelled to give DNA in a civil case?

Possibly. Texas R Civ P provides a mechanism to compel a physical examination based on relevance. Not sure whether NY has a similar provision but I imagine it does. 

Whether a DNA test to ID Trump as possible assailant falls within the rule is an interesting question. 

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I agree with you that Tenet, Cheney, etc all were beating the drums of war before 911 and that just ramped everything up. I disagree that Powell was a naive good soldier though. You don't get to where he did by being that politically naive. He knew the reason they wanted him was for the credibility factor. If his staff said the intelligence was suspect, he knew what he was doing.

He wasn’t naive but he wasn’t malevolent either. He’s said his job was to give the President his best advice behind close doors and then to go out and enact the President’s policy. I don’t think he should be judged by his worst day. The problem started at the top.

Of course, he also used a private email server and advised Hillary about using one of her own. But no one cared when he did it.

16 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

giphy.gif

I think he interrupted an appearance by Hillary to say this. It's his darkest moment as president.

Edit to add:

Can someone be compelled to give DNA evidence?

I don't know.

Is it compulsion if you play Ivanka's best whispery voice over a speaker and show a picture of her where her nipples are evident beneath her clothing?

Then you just subpoena Trump's pants.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 1

So there they were in Maralago after the long drive in the U-Haul from Washington DC. Eric and Don Jr. were dutifully carrying in the boxes from the White House. Ivanka and Jared were helping Melania open the boxes and put things away.

"Very hectic moving out," says Melania. "Very disorganization."

Eric takes a red outlined envelope and starts chewing on it.

"Eric, that's not a hot dog!" barks Ivanka. Eric sadly slinks away looking for a hot dog.

"What is top secret?" asks Melania as she wipes the saliva off the envelope. 

Jared twitches and scratches an itch beneath the armor plate he wears over his suit. "Mom-"

"Never call me that!" shouts Melania, her angry eyes barely visible through their slits.

"Sorry. These top secret envelopes are old. We were just re-using them to reduce waste. I'll just gather them up and put them in my briefcase. They have very innocent papers that I want to show the Saudis."

"Thank you,, Jared. You are so helpful."

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

So there they were in Maralago after the long drive in the U-Haul from Washington DC. Eric and Don Jr. were dutifully carrying in the boxes from the White House. Ivanka and Jared were helping Melania open the boxes and put things away.

"Very hectic moving out," says Melania. "Very disorganization."

Eric takes a red outlined envelope and starts chewing on it.

"Eric, that's not a hot dog!" barks Ivanka. Eric sadly slinks away looking for a hot dog.

"What is top secret?" asks Melania as she wipes the saliva off the envelope. 

Jared twitches and scratches an itch beneath the armor plate he wears over his suit. "Mom-"

"Never call me that!" shouts Melania, her angry eyes barely visible through their slits.

"Sorry. These top secret envelopes are old. We were just re-using them to reduce waste. I'll just gather them up and put them in my briefcase. They have very innocent papers that I want to show the Saudis."

"Thank you,, Jared. You are so helpful."

Worst Penthouse Forum letter ever...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, speed817 said:

Worst Penthouse Forum letter ever...

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I think he interrupted an appearance by Hillary to say this. It's his darkest moment as president.

Edit to add:

I don't know.

Is it compulsion if you play Ivanka's best whispery voice over a speaker and show a picture of her where her nipples are evident beneath her clothing?

Then you just subpoena Trump's pants.

^This one wasn't bad though.  Shitty ending, however.

• Haha 1

Remember when a young kid (his name was Kalief Browder, rest in power) was thrown into Riker's on allegations he stole a backpack, held without trial for three years, and then committed suicide? 

Dotard's probably strolling the links at MAL right now, a free man despite mountains of highly incriminating evidence of multiple crimes and coverups.

Justice delayed is justice denied.

• Rage+1 8

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement