A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

Without the ratfucking by Reagan and Nixon, trump wouldn't have had his couterie of bastards to do his dirty work for him. Shit, Roy Cohn taught trump himself!

Trump may have been the end result, but those two shitheads are a big part of why trump happened too.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah Reagan and his racist goon Lee Atwater are the spark that lit our current conflagration.
Reagan’s courting of Falwell and the religious right gave evangelicals political legitimacy and gave them power.

Reagan would be seen as a dirty lib by today’s current GQP but he’s definitely the founding father.

The man launched his presidential bid in Philadelphia, Mississippi and coined the term “welfare queen”, FFS.

I don't think he coined it, but I do think he raised that slur to national political discourse. Saying the quiet part out loud.

He got away with it like he did so much other hateful stuff that occured during to and subsequent to his watch because he was avuncular and, remarkably for someone not heroic, heroic to so many. America's absolute embrace of fraud.

Then the right starts ranting against Hollywood. Their favorite guy is a product of Hollywood. Two favorites if you count draft-dodging John Wayne. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Trump dying will be great for our country, but also hilarious because of the inevitable cocaine bender by Junior 

To be clear, Jr. is going to be celebrating, not mourning.  Oh, sure, he might be a little sad for a while.  And even more sad when he realizes there isn't nearly as much money as he thought.  He'll regret not partnering up with Jared to cozy up with the Saudis.  But ultimately it'll be freeing for him.  One less monkey on his back. 

To be clear, Jr. is going to be celebrating, not mourning.  Oh, sure, he might be a little sad for a while.  And even more sad when he realizes there isn't nearly as much money as he thought.  He'll regret not partnering up with Jared to cozy up with the Saudis.  But ultimately it'll be freeing for him.  One less monkey on his back. 

Bullshit. If there was a monkey on Jr’s back, he’d have tried to fuck it by now.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

In terms of celebrating deaths of American traitors, who holds the number 2 spot behind Trump? 

Cruz, Hawley, MTG, Boebert, Gohmert, Gosar, Guiliani?

That's the correct order right there ^^^

58 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

McConnell. 

Oh, wait: a challenger emerges.  

Nah, still Cruz, then Hawley.  McConnell is a scumbag but he keeps his mouth shut most of the time and will be gone -- retired or dead -- in 10 years.  Cruz and Hawley are in their prime and need to shut the fuck up.  

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

The turtle is the one who cratered both impeachment proceedings and denied witnesses and exhibits in the trial. He had the actual power to get some of the GOP to vote with the Democrats but instead he decided to work against the best interest of the country and to further the interests of our country‘s enemies. Fuck that guy. 

Yes, he's the most powerful of those mentioned but he's far more subtle in his methods. Cruz is just an outright fuckstick. Boebert is ultimately meaningless -- she's a little yippy dog that is annoying but will never amount to anything. MTG is more of an issue but not near the #2 behind DOTARD. This is a fun question, though.

Names missing so far would be Jim Jordan and Ron Johnson, Kevin McCarthy and Mark Meadows. In all honesty, #2 probably isn't a politician. It's Tucker Carlson.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

The turtle is the one who cratered both impeachment proceedings and denied witnesses and exhibits in the trial. He had the actual power to get some of the GOP to vote with the Democrats but instead he decided to work against the best interest of the country and to further the interests of our country‘s enemies. Fuck that guy. 

15 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yes, he's the most powerful of those mentioned but he's far more subtle in his methods. Cruz is just an outright fuckstick. Boebert is ultimately meaningless -- she's a little yippy dog that is annoying but will never amount to anything. MTG is more of an issue but not near the #2 behind DOTARD. This is a fun question, though.

Names missing so far would be Jim Jordan and Ron Johnson, Kevin McCarthy and Mark Meadows. In all honesty, #2 probably isn't a politician. It's Tucker Carlson.

His subtlety isn't a mitigating quality. It makes his treason worse because he does the most damage. The other clowns named all deserve their time on the gallows, but they're small potatoes compared to Moscow Mitch who has done a pretty good job of cloaking whatever shit he's done for China (and his own pockets) through his business marriage.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

His subtlety isn't a mitigating quality. It makes his treason worse because he does the most damage. The other clowns named all deserve their time on the gallows, but they're small potatoes compared to Moscow Mitch who has done a pretty good job of cloaking whatever shit he's done for China (and his own pockets) through his business marriage.

Yeah, don't mean to diminish all that Moscow Mitch has done. He's a real problem in that he subscribes to a lot of the GQP's terrible agenda and actually has the political know-how to get some of those things accomplished. He's not a total buffoon.

• Like 1

sinema. 

I mean, she’s a pathetic opportunist devoid of integrity and honor, but there are quite a few higher up on my list.

For one, Roger Stone is still walking around…

That said, I’m IN for this trip:

bar crawl where we all wear plastic trump masks and hit a lot of spots in west hollywood with unisex bathrooms where the doors lock.  i'll make a map.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Mitch McConnell, Tucker Carlson, Clarence Thomas, W, Dick Cheney, and Ted Cruz are all in the running for varying reasons.  But none of them is anywhere close to Trump.

Pretty much.  All of them are despicable one way or another, but Trump enabled each of them (save W and Cheney) the opportunity to double down.  

McConnell distanced himself from Trump, but at the same time, didn't put his foot on Trump's throat when he had the chance.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Kissinger is still alive ya know 

I just watched a “Dean Martin Celebrity Roast of Bob Hope” that occurred sometime in the 70’s.  They had Kissinger on a remote from DC.  Damn, he seemed fairly senior then.  And still kicking.  Amazing.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The campaign is a finely tuned machine, ready and able to answer to any crisis:

884562272_Screenshot2022-12-26at8_35_41PM.thumb.png.30c738b4a65b4d7e68d68c585bf28169.png

It's so utterly charming when he adorns any comment about a detractor with important adjectives like "unattractive."

She's also far more attractive than any of Klan Trump, and less enhanced.

Olivia Nuzzi Joins New York Mag As Washington Correspondent -- New York ...

The article in question. https://nymag.com/press/2022/12/donald-trumps-sad-lonely-run-for-reelection.html

References some early Trump stories in NY Mag that I'd like to dig up.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

14 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Here's where it ties to burial site and pissing on graves.  If he wants the pomp and circumstance of lying in state, that's gonna drive his death home for a lot of doubters.  There'll still be holdouts.  Likewise, if he wants to be buried at Arlington or a Presidential Library which falls under NARA protection...

Laughing uncontrollably gif 9 » GIF Images Download Uncontrollable laughter gif 1 » GIF Images DownloadLol 90s laughing GIF on GIFER - by Moramath

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

Here's Olivia Nuzzi's new article in the New Yorker that has Trump not very happy.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/donald-trump-running-for-president-2024.htmlimage.png.c9ada98426077c336b5a9ceff6f42fbe.png

It's a long but decent read, though there's not anything new in it.  It mostly just portrays him as pathetic and lonely.  Here's my favorite bit:

New York Magazine isn’t the New Yorker.  Both are excellent, and I subscribe to both, but yeah, vastly different.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Does he understand verb tenses?  As President?  I have total immunity?  Also, does he understand that you can’t commit any crime you want as President?  Heads of State have been brought up on crimes literally dozens of times.  I know he thinks his base will believe this shit, but does he actually believe it too?  

Here's one of those articles mentioned in the Nuzzi piece, from 1992.  https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/07/donald-ivana-trump-divorce-prenup-marie-brenner

I thought he was a piece of shit going back a long way.  I had honestly thought either I was wrong or he could stop being a total piece of shit for a little while to be President (I have a tendency to give people benefit of the doubt when I don't have first hand knowledge of their shittiness).  I was wrong.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Here's one of those articles mentioned in the Nuzzi piece, from 1992.  https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/07/donald-ivana-trump-divorce-prenup-marie-brenner

I thought he was a piece of shit going back a long way.  I had honestly thought either I was wrong or he could stop being a total piece of shit for a little while to be President (I have a tendency to give people benefit of the doubt when I don't have first hand knowledge of their shittiness).  I was wrong.

From that 1992 article:

Donald is a believer in the big-lie theory,” his lawyer had told me. “If you say something again and again, people will believe you.”

“One of my lawyers said that?” Trump said when I asked him about it. “I think if one of my lawyers said that, I’d like to know who it is, because I’d fire his ass. I’d like to find out who the scumbag is!”

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

Here's Olivia Nuzzi's new article in the New Yorker that has Trump not very happy.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/donald-trump-running-for-president-2024.htmlimage.png.c9ada98426077c336b5a9ceff6f42fbe.png

It's a long but decent read, though there's not anything new in it.  It mostly just portrays him as pathetic and lonely.  Here's my favorite bit:

Trump Doral, eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

From that 1992 article:

Donald is a believer in the big-lie theory,” his lawyer had told me. “If you say something again and again, people will believe you.”

“One of my lawyers said that?” Trump said when I asked him about it. “I think if one of my lawyers said that, I’d like to know who it is, because I’d fire his ass. I’d like to find out who the scumbag is!”

I think it was Paul Joseph Goebbels, Esq.

”A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth.”

If you assume that there is no hope, you guarantee that there will be no hope. If you assume that there is an instinct for freedom, that there are opportunities to change things, then there is a possibility that you can contribute to making a better world.”
-Chomsky

Repeating truth thousands of times, what’s wrong with that?

• Hook 'Em 2