A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

I know the preferred choice is him dropping dead before the election but how sweet would it be for him to be in prison after another Biden ass kicking and him seeing a viral recording of Pete Davidson plowing Melania & Ivanka to orgasmic bliss?

When you say Pete Davidson, you mean Hunter Biden, right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

I know the preferred choice is him dropping dead before the election but how sweet would it be for him to be in prison after another Biden ass kicking and him seeing a viral recording of Pete Davidson plowing Melania & Ivanka to orgasmic bliss?

What’s happened to Pete Davidson that he’d ever settle for those skanks? Make it Michael Cohen. Or better yet, Hunter Biden.

I see atomheartbevo had the same thought. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

I know the preferred choice is him dropping dead before the election but how sweet would it be for him to be in prison after another Biden ass kicking and him seeing a viral recording of Hunter Biden's massive cock Pete Davidson plowing Melania & Ivanka to orgasmic bliss?

FIFY

[edit] Damnit, atomheartbevo already beat me to it.

Edited by Superhero

What’s happened to Pete Davidson that he’d ever settle for those skanks? Make it Michael Cohen. Or better yet, Hunter Biden.
I see atomheartbevo had the same thought. 

Why would Pete fuck Michael Cohen.
  • Haha 1

It's crazy what's going on the trump bond. Further investigation and journalism have turned up some crazy shit that no mere middle class person would never have access to:

The little-known insurance company that rescued Donald Trump by providing a last-minute $175 million bank fraud bond isn’t just unlicensed in New York; it hasn’t even been vetted by a voluntary state entity that would verify it meets minimum “eligibility standards” to prove financial stability.

Perhaps even more troubling, the legal document from Knight Specialty Insurance Company doesn’t actually promise it will pay the money if the former president loses his $464 million bank fraud case on appeal. Instead, it says Trump will pay, negating the whole point of an insurance company guarantee, according to three legal and bond experts who reviewed the contract for The Daily Beast.

“This is not common… the only reason this would be done is to limit the liability to the surety,” said N. Alex Hanley, an expert in how companies appeal enormous judgments.

These two points, noted here for the first time, validate the New York attorney general’s concerns that Trump is trying to avoid a financial punishment that could be catastrophic to his riches and reputation.

“There are many questions here, and that short piece of paper gives very little comfort,” said Maria T. Vullo, who was formerly New York’s top financial regulator.

“I believe this paper isn’t worth much and there are more shenanigans behind it,” said one former regulator, who’s intimately familiar with industry norms but spoke only on condition of anonymity.

So trump is pushing a week past his bond date, has submitted a false and fraudulent bond that doesn't do what he says it does, and is facing zero fucking consequences for it.

There's a different set of rules and laws for you if you're rich enough. It's fucking enraging.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's crazy what's going on the trump bond. Further investigation and journalism have turned up some crazy shit that no mere middle class person would never have access to:

So trump is pushing a week past his bond date, has submitted a false and fraudulent bond that doesn't do what he says it does, and is facing zero fucking consequences for it.

There's a different set of rules and laws for you if you're rich enough. It's fucking enraging.

Except Trump ain't getting away with much here. And the fact is no middle class person is going to get hit with a 454m judgment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

What suit size is that? 58 Long? For fucks sake, has his team no tailor on retainer.

In fairness, Trump probably has had an tailor or two in his life.  Trouble is, he probably stiffed them, paid half or whatever and no one wants to work with him at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Except Trump ain't getting away with much here. And the fact is no middle class person is going to get hit with a 454m judgment. 

If a normal dude gave the court a fraudulent bond, for any amount there should be fucking consequences. There certainly would be for a regular Joe. Change the order of magnitude to "thousands" from "millions", and tell me that it's normal and to be expected that a court would not care about a defendant delaying and denying their ruling (in a fraud case!!) via fraud? 

Jesus titty fucking Christ, its like every time trump breaks the law or lies to the court, every goddamn attorney goes all Westworld and says "that doesn't look like anything at all to me". Just fucking stop being so fucking blase about this man destroying the public trust in equal justice. 

Just a galaxy-brain level of missing the forest for the trees. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

22 minutes ago, Captainant said:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/businessman-behind-trumps-ny-bond-says-he-charged-him-low-fee-2024-04-05/

Hankey said he now feels Knight did not charge Trump enough because of New York Attorney General Letitia James' subsequent scrutiny of the bond, as well as the media attention around it.

Mr. Hankey? Touche', simulation.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

If a normal dude gave the court a fraudulent bond, for any amount there should be fucking consequences. There certainly would be for a regular Joe. Change the order of magnitude to "thousands" from "millions", and tell me that it's normal and to be expected that a court would not care about a defendant delaying and denying their ruling (in a fraud case!!) via fraud? 

Just a galaxy-brain level of missing the forest for the trees. 

I see that you are proffering that legal doctrine from Old English common law that says if your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle. Well played.

You do realize the interests that the court most cares about is the party prevailing in the lawsuit who is being protected by the bond, don’t you? And therefore a bond is preferable to no bond if at all possible to fix it, because the purpose is to protect E. Jean Carroll…..and not to do negative things to Trump to make you happy?

Also, it doesn’t make any difference if it’s a fraud case or not a fraud case. Only in your noggin does the technical issue of bond adequacy get enhanced because of the underlying nature of the lawsuit. Either the court will deem that it meets the technical requirements of a bond in New York or it won’t.   Nobody has to rule on that in  a time span that satisfies you personally. 

Your whole stick about a “fraudulent” bond is laughable.  It may not be adequate, but if it’s not, it’s just inadequate.  Only in your fever dream can you prove that Trump had intent to not meet the technical requirements of the bond. I guarantee you that stupid fuck played no part in that. He would not understand the process if you explained it to him.

BTW, I just looked up New York bond cases, and the first two I found involved challenges to an appeal bond, where the decision took about six months. I understand that you personally demand that the courts rule on this within weeks, but the courts don’t seem to care what you think. Because they are treating this like any other case in most respects. 

• Hook 'Em 2

He could go to jail tomorrow and still get 80 million votes. Priority number one is to defeat him in the election in the few states that matter. He's going to be convicted and the money judgments against him will be affirmed. There's no doubt there in my mind, it's going to take time though. He just can't become president again despite how horrible half the people in this country have become.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I see that you are proffering that legal doctrine from Old English common law that says if your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle. Well played.

You do realize the interests that the court most cares about is the party prevailing in the lawsuit who is being protected by the bond, don’t you? And therefore a bond is preferable to no bond if at all possible to fix it, because the purpose is to protect E. Jean Carroll…..and not to do negative things to Trump to make you happy?

Also, it doesn’t make any difference if it’s a fraud case or not a fraud case. Only in your noggin does the technical issue of bond adequacy get enhanced because of the underlying nature of the lawsuit. Either the court will deem that it meets the technical requirements of a bond in New York or it won’t.   Nobody has to rule on that in  a time span that satisfies you personally. 

Your whole stick about a “fraudulent” bond is laughable.  It may not be adequate, but if it’s not, it’s just inadequate.  Only in your fever dream can you prove that Trump had intent to not meet the technical requirements of the bond. I guarantee you that stupid fuck played no part in that. He would not understand the process if you explained it to him.

BTW, I just looked up New York bond cases, and the first two I found involved challenges to an appeal bond, where the decision took about six months. I understand that you personally demand that the courts rule on this within weeks, but the courts don’t seem to care what you think. Because they are treating this like any other case in most respects. 

Nevermind that trump was able to lower the amount of the judgement and bond because of his fraudulent representation to the court that nobody would originate paper for him, yeah? We are sering a legal application of his "firehose of falsehoods" rhetorical/propaganda strategy. It relies on the courts moving slowly and deliberately, so that trump only needs to do a couple frauds at a time to keep the clock running. And then even IF he's found to have been fraudulent, he can simply point his firehose of falsehoods at the appeals process to get a fresh shot clock. 

Trump is exploiting a systemic vulnerability in the legal system, and carrying out what is effectively a legal DDOS attack. In my world, if your system locks up and dies from a DDOS, you need to improve protections against bad actors. Not double down on #trusttheprocess

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Perhaps even more troubling, the legal document from Knight Specialty Insurance Company doesn’t actually promise it will pay the money if the former president loses his $464 million bank fraud case on appeal. Instead, it says Trump will pay, negating the whole point of an insurance company guarantee, according to three legal and bond experts who reviewed the contract for The Daily Beast.

There's that damned Disclaimer Paragraph revered throughout the business and legal world, again. Trump is a fucking genius!

Knight SIC, prompted by God knows who: Mr. President, sir, we'd like to insure your bond.  But that would be crazy. We would, however like to help you to avoid paying the money the corrupt Never-Trumpers decided you owed.

Trump: I gotta a claus you wouldn't believe. Lawyers, big important lawyers. tell me it's a great clause like nobody has ever seen before. You use it so you don't have to pay people you agreed to pay. You tell them you'll pay, they you show them the Disclaimer Clause. 

Knight SIC: So we say we'll pay your bond, and--

Trump: But then you don't have to. You say you'll pay. I get bond. I get elected and pardon myself. We're as golden as the chandelier in the Mar A Lago shitter.

24 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Nevermind that trump was able to lower the amount of the judgement and bond because of his fraudulent representation to the court that nobody would originate paper for him, yeah? We are sering a legal application of his "firehose of falsehoods" rhetorical/propaganda strategy. It relies on the courts moving slowly and deliberately, so that trump only needs to do a couple frauds at a time to keep the clock running. And then even IF he's found to have been fraudulent, he can simply point his firehose of falsehoods at the appeals process to get a fresh shot clock. 

Trump is exploiting a systemic vulnerability in the legal system, and carrying out what is effectively a legal DDOS attack. In my world, if your system locks up and dies from a DDOS, you need to improve protections against bad actors. Not double down on #trusttheprocess

You always toss out facts like that daily beast article (good article, thanks) and then declare that the court should rule on the bond immediately because the other side should lose without a hearing because you read an on-line article and its true.  That’s my beef. No one has said that his bond is adequate. So you going on and on and on about how there are no consequences to the suspicious bond is premature. Come back and rant when the court approves the bond and I’ll join you. 

Finally, if you rely on articles in magazines and newspapers for what is really going on in any legal case you will find yourself disappointed. Journalists are known for rushing to get articles out.  And if they’re not lawyers, they don’t really know what’s going on and often misstate the law - or the facts - or both.  I lean towards assuming the Trump camp is telling a lie on anything - but just because I think that doesn’t mean that the justice system needs to immediately leap into action and rule against him because his enemies want a quick conviction. That’s not how this works.

Finally, not disclosing an actual valid offer to fund the appeal bond at a higher amount would be on his lawyers, not Trump. I could offer to do the same thing, but it doesn’t make a difference if I offer, the crucial point would be do the people who issue bonds feel that the person who is the surety have the type of assets that they want. I have no idea about the granular details of the bond search process and the timing and the validity of the surety to meet the bond companies requirements, so until I do, I’m gonna sit back and wait to see what happens.

that is why the court has hearings

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Finally, not disclosing an actual valid offer to fund the appeal bond at a higher amount would be on his lawyers, not Trump.

again-there-you-go-again.gif

Yes yes we all know, trump can do nothing wrong. And if something is done wrong, its his lawyers fault. We know.

28 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I could offer to do the same thing, but it doesn’t make a difference if I offer, the crucial point would be do the people who issue bonds feel that the person who is the surety have the type of assets that they want. I have no idea about the granular details of the bond search process and the timing and the validity of the surety to meet the bond companies requirements, so until I do, I’m gonna sit back and wait to see what happens.

The problem is that the trump team LIED when they told the court they could not secure a bond, and the court issued an order to lessen the penalty under that false pretense. His bondsman was even willing to bond the higher cost! But trumpco LIED to get a $300,000,000 fucking discount. 

But ya know, that doesn't sound like anything at all to me like trump. No way he might have directed his lawyers do to something illegal. He's never done that before. Nosirseebob.

30 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

that is why the court has hearings

Hearings don't make a shit when the defendant lies like fish swim, and the court remains overly credulous for a con man

22 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Yes yes we all know, trump can do nothing wrong. And if something is done wrong, its his lawyers fault. We know.

The problem is that the trump team LIED when they told the court they could not secure a bond, and the court issued an order to lessen the penalty under that false pretense. His bondsman was even willing to bond the higher cost! But trumpco LIED to get a $300,000,000 fucking discount. 

But ya know, that doesn't sound like anything at all to me like trump. No way he might have directed his lawyers do to something illegal. He's never done that before. Nosirseebob.

Hearings don't make a shit when the defendant lies like fish swim, and the court remains overly credulous for a con man

Pretty sure that every judge who has heard live testimony from him has deemed him not credible. If you want to be upset that perjury isn't prosecuted enough, I'm with you, because it very rarely gets invoked, and I think it's a problem, but it's not limited to celebrities, it's a problem across the board, in my opinion. He's also under scrutiny for his lies about the process in trying to secure a bond. He's fucked. It's going to take time, but he's not going to get away with anything, except maybe with Cannon. And like I said, the legal stuff is secondary to me, he needs to lose the fucking election. Afterward, let the system play out, he'll probably die before any real consequences, but death will be glorious.

Binary outcome...either Commander Dipshit realizes how stupid he looked staring straight up at the last eclipse and stays quiet today, or he'll spend the totality (which admittedly won't be over his neck of the woods) sending out all caps Truth Social posts about how Joe Biden let this 'darkness' happen to our great country.  

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9522lgbaj6lhqox72ddkb5

3 hours ago, dcbc said:

Looks like Truth Social's losses today are eclipsing single-day losses for last week.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/08/trump-media-stock-drops-more-than-10percent-to-open-trading-week.html

Would you say that Trump's DJT profits have been ...

... eclipsed?

yeahhhhh-shades-on.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Dammit, we shoulda started a hashtag today or made some hats instead of the "Everything Trump Touches Turns to Shit" to "Everything Trump Touches gets Eclipsed"  Some promo glasses or something.  Dammit, we gotta step our merch game this year.  We could buy a suite for Surly at football.  

5 hours ago, Captainant said:

trump lies all the time, zero consequences 

Edited by tx 3 putt

8 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Your whole stick about a “fraudulent” bond is laughable.  It may not be adequate, but if it’s not, it’s just inadequate.

Is it not incumbent upon the issuer of the bond to know whether it is adequate or not before submitting it? Seems pretty fucking crazy if not. Also, wouldn’t knowingly submitting an inadequate bond be fraud?

• Hook 'Em 4

On 4/2/2024 at 11:02 PM, Bullneck said:

image.thumb.png.1a5e3172c2d75f7a378dc0f91ba059bd.png  No way this model got paid a penny in royalties for this.   Probably isn't even aware her picture was used.

On 4/3/2024 at 12:44 PM, Horn Dog said:

We missed Valentines Day but how about we make some heart candy but only with messages like "MAGA" , "Trump #1",  "No Immigrants".  Buy for $5 and sell for $19.99.  Make it so!

image.thumb.png.9aaf8ad7c62e883d7abdfd94ca0367a6.png

Make them in the shape of crosses and you'd quadruple your sales.  

On 4/4/2024 at 7:19 AM, bluto said:

Juan is/was always their way of saying they were balanced but he is really just their punching bag. 

Yep. He's the 2020's version of Alan Colmes. Both of them are smart guys. Fox intentionally gives Juan Williams the same yellow makeup they used to give Colmes, which makes him look weak and sickly. They then set him up to be dunked on by idiots, whose points are more effective the less sense they make, but it all starts with presenting the sickly, weak liberal. 

32 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Is it not incumbent upon the issuer of the bond to know whether it is adequate or not before submitting it? Seems pretty fucking crazy if not. Also, wouldn’t knowingly submitting an inadequate bond be fraud?

lawyers should always do everything correctly. But they don’t. And if they don’t, the courts do not usually leap to fraud as an assumption. Courts usually assume you are an incompetent dumbass. 

“Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence”