A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Come to think of it, Trump's hands would most certainly have fit in those gloves.

They just slow-rolled the trial on Trump.  Damn you, Garcetti!

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

put couldn’t hold a knife with one hand

Much like a water bottle.

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Who is the jackass off camera laughing at that stale-ass "peekaboo" line?  Does Trump have  his version of a racist Ed McMahon?

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The words of the smartest president alive verbatim, "They put a man into that one who uh, went into the D.A's office."???   You know what it's called when you put a person inside a person into a person?  Russian Dolls, Mr. Trump.  Every accusation is a confession.

31 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Who is the jackass off camera laughing at that stale-ass "peekaboo" line?  Does Trump have  his version of a racist Ed McMahon?

Ha-ha yes!  You are correct, sir!  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Turn off? Sure. Turn back on? Fuck no.

Speaking of which, has anyone checked to see if he's stuck in evil mode like that Krusty doll on the Simpson's Halloween Special?

439488.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 2

56 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Who?

An very openly Christian actor who portrays an alpha male and uses lots of guns. Basically someone MAGA already had penciled in near the top of their hopefully unwoke Hollywood favorites

• Hook 'Em 7

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

MAGA going to have to jerk off to Reacher in private.

Or have someone else do it... Some sort of Reacher round 

Edited by NWBuck
  • Haha 3

I still can't believe that an entire generation of Americans, who grew up when you could live a great life in America with a shit job and a shit education, overwhelmingly voted for a six-time bankrupt failed businessman to become President. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I still can't believe that an entire generation of Americans, who grew up when you could live a great life in America with a shit job and a shit education, overwhelmingly voted for a six-time bankrupt failed businessman to become President. 

To be fair it’s like 2/3 of that generation, but yes.  There are some good ones. My parents. The @RomaVicta types, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ll defer to the gentleman from Alabama on the creation of racist portmanteaus. 

And not just any part of Alabama. 13 years of public schools in Selma. Go Saints. But I would have learned the racist stuff from elders who had been in minstrel shows.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

To be fair it’s like 2/3 of that generation, but yes.  There are some good ones. My parents. The @RomaVicta types, etc. 

My parents are pretty hardcore lib, my mom still clings to some churchy stuff but keeps it to herself.  My old man makes Bernie Sanders look like Richard Nixon.

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That Alan Ritchson article is a good read. Took me half an hour. But a good read. 

e65.gif

• Haha 6

29 minutes ago, Bookman said:

20 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

These posts balance out quite nicely. That so many boomers go for Trump after experiencing the 70s is sort of mind boggling but not too much so. Upper middle class-born Boomers were the yuppies of the 80s. They fell in love with Reagan and Gordon Gecko. That's when most of them picked their team. I'm at the same time as that group but, as Biff said, we were not a homogenized generation anymore than any generation is.

On facebook, I see that most of the girls from my high school have children and have become vocally Christian. Blessed this and blessed that. Some seem like good examples of what that religion can do; most seem to think we're blessed by having a great man like Trump in the lead. I can't tell if any are all the way Christian Nationalists, but I doubt many recognize or oppose that movement. 

I was never anything resembling a hippie. I was moderate and a bit hawkish in my college years. The spirit of tolerance, not taking things at their face value, and not trusting things done simply for tradition were a few values in there. They've stuck. I frankly think those are key values with millennials and those younger. 

I was also never a yuppie or a preppy. I did want to strip Iran off the face of the Earth, but I now think that was a bit harsh. I also know more about our history with that country. Reagan was the first presidential candidate that I despised. Nixon had to work at it for 5 years for me to see him as a villain.

Anyway, I think the Yuppies and neo-Christians of my group are the root of why the large number of Boomers find themselves backing an anti-republic, lying, failed game show host (all due respect to @WhatTheBuck) whom Jesus would kick in the nuts.

16 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

My parents are pretty hardcore lib, my mom still clings to some churchy stuff but keeps it to herself.  My old man makes Bernie Sanders look like Richard Nixon.

e65.gif

I've missed her.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

A very openly Christian actor who portrays an alpha male and uses lots of guns. Basically someone MAGA already had penciled in near the top of their hopefully unwoke Hollywood favorites

He’s in a movie currently in theaters, The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare, which is about killing Nazis, so MAGA was already conflicted.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

An very openly Christian actor who portrays an alpha male and uses lots of guns. Basically someone MAGA already had penciled in near the top of their hopefully unwoke Hollywood favorites

Fucking cracks me up when they wrongly assume someone is with them until they speak out.

Ritchson.  Swift. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Clueless Movie Aww GIF by filmeditor

MAGA going to have to jerk off to Reacher in private.

Interesting article.  Although Reacher may be kind of trite and he a bit wooden, he seems oddly likeable, but I wondered about his Christianity and other things.  Seems like a solid dude.