Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

It was a bad call, but I wouldn't call it ludicrous. Of course I might be thinking that because I'm at my Cowboy-loving inlaw's house and I'm tired of everyone whining about it.

This may be one in which the officials angle was not that great. Peoples-Jones had a terrible cut on his break and not entirely due to the jersey grab.

And to heck with Baker, they were assisted in making the playoffs last year due to horrific non-call in their favor last year.

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He’s below average when fully healthy.  When banged up and missing weeks of practice, he’s this guy.  Can use his millions he stole on endorsement deals to sleep better.  His agent needs a raise. 

He needs to be exiled to a leper colony. His tiny dick fell off a long time ago. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

He needs to be exiled to a leper colony. His tiny dick fell off a long time ago. 

I mean I know you think he sucks and he does but his life is slightly better than those relegated to a leper colony.  You don’t pay that money back.  He will be ok, as much as that pisses you off.  I’m watching his midget buddy make a career in the NFL too.  What a world.  

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

I mean I know you think he sucks and he does but his life is slightly better than those relegated to a leper colony.  You don’t pay that money back.  He will be ok, as much as that pisses you off.  I’m watching his midget buddy make a career in the NFL too.  What a world.  

He’ll never be OK. He’s Baker Mayfield. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

not sure who the worst 1.1 QB from OU is:  Sam Bradford or Baker Mayfield.

Sam was a good dude with a little talent, who was super injury prone.  Baker is an obnoxious walk on that has made it much further than he should have, being that he has 2 star talent…but he’s still not to Bradford’s level.  

• Hook 'Em 6

3 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Sam Bradford seems like an infinitely better person than Baker. Zero comparison.

Without a doubt. Other than him being a Sooner(and that’s a HUGE ‘other than’), I have no dislike for Bradford. From what I know of him, he’s a classy guy. 

I wouldn’t pay Baker Mayfield to unclog my toilet. 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

One year left on Cleveland contract, then it's one of 3 choices:

1. Franchise Tag
  2. New Contract
  3. Release as UFA

"Mayfield is signed through 2022. He’s due to make more than $18.5 million next season, the option year of his rookie contract."

Mayfield being released next year is gonna be fucking delish. The piece of shit Brown fans will be booing and flipping him off by late October when his shitty play has them wasting yet another season of great defense and ground game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

One year left on Cleveland contract, then it's one of 3 choices:

1. Franchise Tag
  2. New Contract
  3. Release as UFA

"Mayfield is signed through 2022. He’s due to make more than $18.5 million next season, the option year of his rookie contract."

The Browns picked up the option last spring so he's going to be a Brown through next year as the $18.5 million is fully guaranteed. They are either going to trade him to some sucker team or just let him walk after 2022 IMHO.

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Mayfield being released next year is gonna be fucking delish. The piece of shit Brown fans will be booing and flipping him off by late October when his shitty play has them wasting yet another season of great defense and ground game. 

Seriously, even with that D, OL, and rushing attack, they still can't win. When you have all of that going that well and you still can't pass the ball consistently, it's not too hard to figure out what or who the problem is.

And look at their division! The Ravens are the only consistent threat. The Bengals are just now trending right with Burrow, Chase and Mixon (piece of shit). The Steelers are stuck in reverse until Ben finally retires after this season.

Watch him end up in Washington. Snyder might be dumb enough to make that happen.

21 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

And look at their division! The Ravens are the only consistent threat. The Bengals are just now trending right with Burrow, Chase and Mixon (piece of shit). The Steelers are stuck in reverse until Ben finally retires after this season.

Watch him end up in Washington. Snyder might be dumb enough to make that happen.

Tee Higgins is also only 22.  The Bengals offense should only get better. 

4 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

As a #1 overall pick he's clearly a bust. As a QB in the NFL he's probably got another decade in him, bouncing from various teams and oscillating between starter and back-up. He's basically a more unlikable Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Do the unlikeable, irritating qbs get the same number of chances as the hard working and quiet ones of similar talent level?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do the unlikeable, irritating qbs get the same number of chances as the hard working and quiet ones of similar talent level?  

That's a good point and I almost edited to add, Baker will need to adjust his ego settings and become a more team-friendly, fun-loving, socially enjoyable teammate, which I do think happens when your wings have been clipped as a #1 overall bust. Fitzpatrick grew a beard and had fun with his chains and teammates as alter ego Fitzmagic, once he embraced his lot in NFL life, so who knows.

The other metaverse alternate reality is that Baker could take his lumps and humble himself and find an extremely respectable and productive (and surprising) 2nd act in a different scenery that claws back his legacy as a bad #1 bust. Basically the Alex Smith playbook from his time at SF to what he was able to do in KC.

Edited by TurkeyChew

42 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yes, just like unlikeable coaches keep getting chances.  It’s mind boggling.  It’s almost like most of the people involved in this sport have varying levels of brain injury.  

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

The other metaverse alternate reality is that Baker could take his lumps and humble himself and find an extremely respectable and productive (and surprising) 2nd act in a different scenery

Grease trap cleaner at Golden Corral?

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

As a #1 overall pick he's clearly a bust. As a QB in the NFL he's probably got another decade in him, bouncing from various teams and oscillating between starter and back-up. He's basically a more unlikable Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Pretty much this. If Cleveland doesn't contend next year then he'll probably be traded for draft picks but only if the Browns eat some of the contract. 

He's the very definition of "serviceable". 

The thing is, he's surrounded by dudes in Cleveland so teams are going to wonder how he'll do on a team that isn't as loaded as the Browns. 

On 12/25/2021 at 9:41 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

Sam was a good dude with a little talent, who was super injury prone.  Baker is an obnoxious walk on that has made it much further than he should have, being that he has 2 star talent…but he’s still not to Bradford’s level.  

Sam Bradford seemed like he sucked.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

One Baker's biggest problems is his coach is a fool.

Chubb ran 17 for 126. He should never have less than 25 when healthy and Baker is his QB.

That was painful to watch as a dumbass who had money on the Browns.  They covered in the end, but I was yelling at my TV the entire game.