Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

2 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Every bit of this.  CDC answered the question and he answered it honestly.  Was Herman still the Head Coach at Texas in ‘21?

Yes, yes he was. Until he wasn’t. 

BB3C5F63-7208-46F0-8BCC-B7BBE2163489.thumb.jpeg.29b6bd13c833f643a742e876924ef857.jpeg

Also, the idea that the AAS is the only paper in history who has ever expected a vote of confidence to be worth the paper it was printed on is downright hillarious.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Every bit of this.  CDC answered the question and he answered it honestly.  Was Herman still the Head Coach at Texas in ‘21?

Yes, yes he was. Until he wasn’t. 

BB3C5F63-7208-46F0-8BCC-B7BBE2163489.thumb.jpeg.29b6bd13c833f643a742e876924ef857.jpeg

"Who are three people who've never been in my living room, Alex."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Roach also teasing big news

This is a meme where the guy (Soulja boy) says “he stole my flow” in reference to a different rapper trying to copy his style. 

It’s more a gif of frustration than excitement. 

-you local gen z

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

Not saying it isn't, just saying I'm not sure that 30% completion rate is all on the WR coach. 

I think the receivers take a big leap forward when they’re confident the ball will get to them following their effort. Imagine putting maximum effort to get free for years only to be disappointed when you have to slow down or come back for the ball, if it’s even catchable. I love Sam, but hitting the open receiver, in stride, rarely occurred.

• Hook 'Em 1

DrummBeat: More on Dennis Simmons...

VIP

Back To Topics

Brandon Drumm

Posted on 92 secs, V I P, , User Post Count: 0

92 secsVIP

As Horns247 reported, Andre Coleman is being retained as WR coach at Texas.

I will add that sources very close and well-placed to Dennis Simmons tell me that the Texas job was very much in consideration and that talks were serious. He was offered over 750k. That I can confirm.

I’m also told that Simmons informed Riley at that point and that Riley, even on vacation, was in daily conversations with Simmons telling him that OU would do whatever is necessary to keep him.

I would be lying if I said this wasn’t something to be nervous about because it was if you were in an OU fan. However, Simmons told Riley he was sticking around in Norman before he, himself, left for his family vacation on Saturday, according to sources.

I briefly exchanged texts with a well-placed source on Saturday that spoke of Simmons and ended the conversation saying “boomer” hinting that he was most likely staying.

This is good news as Simmons is a key fixture on the Sooners staff and the fact he has landed Mario Williams, Jalil Farooq, Cody Jackson, Talyn Shettron and Luther Burden in the 2021-2022 OU recruiting classes. All top WRs and highly sough after four and five-star recruits. Simmons is also one of the main recruiters for five-star Raleek Brown. One of the Sooners top 2022 targets and has helped OU lead on him for some time.

Expect Simmons to get a nice bump in pay over next few seasons and POTENTIALLY additional coaching titles.

All in all, very good news for Riley and OU

5 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

DrummBeat: More on Dennis Simmons...

VIP

Back To Topics

Brandon Drumm

Posted on 92 secs, V I P, , User Post Count: 0

92 secsVIP

As Horns247 reported, Andre Coleman is being retained as WR coach at Texas.

I will add that sources very close and well-placed to Dennis Simmons tell me that the Texas job was very much in consideration and that talks were serious. He was offered over 750k. That I can confirm.

I’m also told that Simmons informed Riley at that point and that Riley, even on vacation, was in daily conversations with Simmons telling him that OU would do whatever is necessary to keep him.

I would be lying if I said this wasn’t something to be nervous about because it was if you were in an OU fan. However, Simmons told Riley he was sticking around in Norman before he, himself, left for his family vacation on Saturday, according to sources.

I briefly exchanged texts with a well-placed source on Saturday that spoke of Simmons and ended the conversation saying “boomer” hinting that he was most likely staying.

This is good news as Simmons is a key fixture on the Sooners staff and the fact he has landed Mario Williams, Jalil Farooq, Cody Jackson, Talyn Shettron and Luther Burden in the 2021-2022 OU recruiting classes. All top WRs and highly sough after four and five-star recruits. Simmons is also one of the main recruiters for five-star Raleek Brown. One of the Sooners top 2022 targets and has helped OU lead on him for some time.

Expect Simmons to get a nice bump in pay over next few seasons and POTENTIALLY additional coaching titles.

All in all, very good news for Riley and OU

All 9.95’ers, regardless of location and affiliation, sound the same.

Edited by 90's_Horn

11 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Please stop putting Gabe from TFB tweets in here. He knows absolutely nothing. I actually don’t even think he’s that involved with TFB anymore.

Yeah this. If Gabe is really implying that an hour ago Sark had gotten someone to agree to join the staff in Austin with him, we were all set to announce right before kickoff, then Saban got word and officially convinced the coach to stay...all in the locker room before hours before they kick off the national championship game...well that's all just fucking stupid fan fiction.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Mark Quinn off the list of DC's

FRISCO, Texas -- Dan Quinn has reached agreement with the Dallas Cowboys to become the team's next defensive coordinator, according to a source.

Quinn takes over for Mike Nolan, who was fired last week by coach Mike McCarthy, and inherits a defense that had one of the worst seasons in Cowboys history.

39 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

So we struck out on our 2 WR coach targets and are punting til next year?

Simmons decides to stay with Sooners (was probably only ever fishing for a raise), Wiggins is a no, can't really get Tee Martin because of the scandal / ongoing investigation and then the USC guy is really not THAT dramatic an upgrade if at all over Coleman.. I can see in that circumstance just giving Coleman his shot with this different scheme and less ass surrounding him at other coaching positions.

I do think we need to land big at TE coach, though. Flood is a solid recruiter but I'm not sure he can be 'the guy' to drive shit home and Coleman / Drayton are competent but not needle pushers. 

25 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Yeah this. If Gabe is really implying that an hour ago Sark had gotten someone to agree to join the staff in Austin with him, we were all set to announce right before kickoff, then Saban got word and officially convinced the coach to stay...all in the locker room before hours before they kick off the national championship game...well that's all just fucking stupid fan fiction.

If anything at all maybe some player we were hoping to flip declared he is sticking with Bama / going there instead but I fully agree its dumb as fuck to believe that Saban would risk pissing off or alienating the guy about to call his championship game by dramatically flipping a coach from him an hour before kickoff 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

Brandon Harris. JW Walsh. Ishmael Aristide. <--- those 3 guys are more active in talking to recruits than all of the other coaches at Texas and aggy combined. they just can't go on the road officially. 

Like Huff? That rule was always going to be impossible to enforce and has been roundly ignored everywhere. Most schools official accounts have been posting practice videos with all of these guys coaching for years. 

Replying several hours late, but I was busy.  IIRC, a few years ago one of Bama's in-house compliance officials reported to Saban that analysts were coaching and doing things not allowed by the rule book. Saban reportedly yelled at them never to bother him again and may have had this person reassigned.

I think the receivers take a big leap forward when they’re confident the ball will get to them following their effort. Imagine putting maximum effort to get free for years only to be disappointed when you have to slow down or come back for the ball, if it’s even catchable. I love Sam, but hitting the open receiver, in stride, rarely occurred.

Define rarely. Then provide me data. Not only Sam but for others.

Then Black and Schooler had been here for months and weeks. Moore missed most of last year. Smith, Whittington hurt lots. Covid year means fewer reps for everybody. So that pretty much leaves you Eagles. Now go rewatch and see how many hit him in stride. Absolutely there were a number that weren't. Do those considerations in any way support your theory?

You know that guy Duvernay.
How did he fail to drop so many balls? Guess it was the complete lack of faith in the QB delivering. He had to have been stutter stepping and cutting his routes short all the time. And obviously he's so damn talented that he's whipping ass in year 1 of the NFL. Same for Johnson and Humphrey. I hope they all kick butt, but they aren't day 1 picks for a reason.

You don't love Sam. You're just another gimp who thinks he knows more than he does. Like all of us here.

So here's my dumbass take. This year Sam didn't trust his receivers. Didn't trust them to be in the right spot, didn't trust them to finish their routes, didn't trust them to catch. May explain holding on to the ball some. May explain him deciding to throw deep too often (but most often into single coverage). His completion percentage this year is the outlier of the last 3 years. Why? Actually, It's several things but your supposition is not one of them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1