Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

8 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I think others are right.  This is radicalization.  How the fuck did things go off the rails so much?  How did so many people lose their way?  And to lose their way for Donald Trump of all fucking people.  Donald Trump, who is the biggest fraud on the planet.

They lost their way because the people that rule over them have completely lost THEIR way. They desperately latched on to someone they (incorrectly) perceived to be an outsider because they (correctly) perceived that the insiders were worthless. The politicians and media whores can cry as many crocodile tears about our precious democracy as they want- ultimately it is their own shitty behavior that has led to all of this

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Meanwhile, TexAgs: 20?  40?

"Reputable" sites like them and TigerDroppings have to be pillaging through their Q threads and purging the truly heinous, potentially incriminating stuff right? 

@immamac, are there any repercussions when some of us go way, way, way out of line and somebody notices? Just advertisers?

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

"Reputable" sites like them and TigerDroppings have to be pillaging through their Q threads and purging the truly heinous, potentially incriminating stuff right? 

@immamac, are there any repercussions when some of us go way, way, way out of line and somebody notices? Just advertisers?

Wait, are you asking if we should look at who advertises on TexAgs, a website somewhat tied to Texas A&M athletics, and that has sponsored a thousand+ page Qanon thread pushing sedition for a long time?  

And we should look at who advertises on Tiger Droppings as well?  

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Wait, are you asking if we should look at who advertises on TexAgs, a website somewhat tied to Texas A&M athletics, and that has sponsored a thousand+ page Qanon thread pushing sedition for a long time?  

No, no, no, I would never suggest such a thing. Just asking questions, of course.

24 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

i haven't laughed that hard about Olive Garden since MadTV put out this skit.  

It's one of those weird cultural phenomenons like Subway.  Why is it everybody makes fun of Olive Garden but when you make fun of Applebee's or Chili's......you're being elitist?  Olive Garden is actually the cheapest of the three.  

1 minute ago, immamac said:

We moderate immediately. There is nothing on the board right now that doesn't need to be on the board and if it is buried so deep that no one with mod privileges has seen then how the fuck is anyone else gonna find it? 

Who you talkin at?

45 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Northloop - I think he was answering this. 

43 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

It's been awhile but back during the Impeachment stuff, the txag site had some stuff that made me uncomfortable regarding Nancy Pelosi. It wasn't someone making a threat that they themselves would do X, but that somebody should do X and they would cheer. I'm not well versed in what the official line for that type of thing is, but they do seem rather lax in allowing some types of material that I've not seen over here. They don't allow certain criticisms of the coaching staff as far as I can tell, but the professors seem fair game and I suppose it's that they don't want to lose their cash cow, but when there was a controversy over a minority professor with some comments he made regarding race relations I was taken aback at the vitriol and worse, that very very few people bothered to question the source material (Campus Reform) and its agenda and then look at the original source and the context. I mean, critical thinking and assessment are supposed to be benchmarks of education, but it wasn't a good impression I got. I've fallen into that trap myself, thanks to social media and my own laziness, but I do try to not double down if I've made an assumption in error.

48 minutes ago, Wayne said:

She is raising legal funds on Givesendgo. How do we get this taken down?

https://www.givesendgo.com/Jennycudd

On January 6th, I went to DC to support President Trump & fight for fair elections. At the Capitol, I went inside the building along with several hundred people through an open door. I did not destroy any property or partake in violence of any kind. Patriots don't do that. An emotional video I made that night has gone viral & been taken massively out of context. Cancel culture has attacked my small businesses & those associated with me. I've received over 7 death threats & 1000+ 1star reviews from cancel culture across the country. My employees are scared. I've been calling an American terrorist. I love my country, President Trump, the Constitution, & the Christian principles our country was founded on. God made me a fighter not a coward, & I refuse to let cancel culture destroy my life, my business, or my country. I would appreciate any help you can provide in order to hire an attorney to fight back against defamation & the ongoing assault on my character. If you cannot contribute, please pray. God bless the U.S.A.!

She fucked around but hasn't learned anything yet.  She has only begun the find out part.

Patriots don't storm the Capitol.

Edited by TexasEd

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

when there was a controversy over a minority professor with some comments he made regarding race relations I was taken aback at the vitriol and worse, that very very few people bothered to question the source material (Campus Reform) and its agenda and then look at the original source and the context. I mean, critical thinking and assessment are supposed to be benchmarks of education, but it wasn't a good impression I got. I've fallen into that trap myself, thanks to social media and my own laziness, but I do try to not double down if I've made an assumption in error.

TexAgs is so damned lucky that aggy minority athletic recruits don't see what those people are posting.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Tigerdroppings is freaking the fuck out after Trump's banning and Parler getting pulled. "This is it, guys!" It's just the tits to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1

Might be worth it if a bunch of patriots brought those two websites to the attention of Sleeping Giants on Twitter.

They’ve done a phenomenal job of getting advertisers to pull business from similar sites.

They’re the ones who have been hammering Apple to remove Parler and it worked.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Just in case it hasn't been posted, the Yelp reviews of Becky's Flower Shop in Midland and its owner Jenny Cudd are great:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/beckys-flowers-midland

First one:

" don't get the poor reviews.  This woman will knock down walls for you. Literally!   It would take an act of Congress to stop her.  She specializes in funeral flowers, and if the corpse isn't available, she'll gladly provide you free of charge with one she's killed herself.  Furthermore, each flower arrangement comes with personally selected knickknacks she's gathered from her most recent round of breaking and entering .  Come on in and remember, Blue Lives Matter except when your storming Capitol Hill!

You’re 

14 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Kelly "e". She never stood a chance

She's pulled her name from the Texas Bar site, but her husband and the law firm in Granbury is still up there.

12 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Who do we write or call to ensure this twat doesn't get buried with military honors?

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

TexAgs is so damned lucky that aggy minority athletic recruits don't see what those people are posting.

I’m pretty sure that they’ve heard enough similar content by the time they are hs seniors that it wouldn’t be a shock to them, sadly. But to your point, yes, I’ve wondered as much myself. 

As insurrectionists stormed the U.S. Capitol this week, a few figures stood out. One man, clad in a combat helmet, body armor, and other tactical gear, was among the group that made it to the inner reaches of the building. Carrying zip-tie handcuffs, he was captured in photographs and videos on the Senate floor and with a group that descended on Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office suite. In a video shot by ITV News, he is seen standing against a wall adjacent to Pelosi’s office, his face covered by a bandana. At another point, he appears to exit the suite, face exposed, pushing his way through the crowds of demonstrators.

A day after the riots, John Scott-Railton, a senior researcher at Citizen Lab, at the University of Toronto’s Munk School, notified the F.B.I. that he suspected the man was retired Lieutenant Colonel Larry Rendall Brock, Jr., a Texas-based Air Force Academy graduate and combat veteran. Scott-Railton had been trying to identify various people involved in the attack. “I used a number of techniques to hone in on his identity, including facial recognition and image enhancement, as well as seeking contextual clues from his military paraphernalia,” Scott-Railton told me. Brock was wearing several patches on his combat helmet and body armor, including one bearing a yellow fleur de lis, the insignia of the 706th Fighter Squadron. He also wore several symbols suggesting that he lived in Texas, including a vinyl tag of the Texas flag overlaid on the skull logo of the Punisher, the Marvel comic-book character. The Punisher has been adopted by police and Army groups and, more recently, by white supremacists and followers of QAnon. Scott-Railton also found a recently deleted Twitter account associated with Brock, with a Crusader as its avatar. “All those things together, it’s like looking at a person’s C.V.,” Scott-Railton said.

Two family members and a longtime friend said that Brock’s political views had grown increasingly radical in recent years. Bill Leake, who flew with Brock in the Air Force for a decade, said that he had distanced himself from Brock. “I don’t contact him anymore ’cause he’s gotten extreme,” Leake told me. In recent years, Brock had become an increasingly committed supporter of Donald Trump, frequently wearing a Make America Great Again hat. In the days leading up to the siege of the Capitol, Brock had posted to social media about his plans to travel to Washington, D.C., to participate in Trump’s “Save America” rally. Brock’s family members said that he called himself a patriot, and that his expressions of that identity had become increasingly strident. One recalled “weird rage talk, basically, saying he’s willing to get in trouble to defend what he thinks is right, which is Trump being the President, I guess.” Both family members said that Brock had made racist remarks in their presence and that they believed white-supremacist views may have contributed to his motivations.

In an interview, Brock confirmed that he was the man in the photos and videos. He denied that he held racist views and echoed Trump’s baseless claims of election fraud, saying that he derived his understanding of the matter principally from social media. He told me that he had gone to Washington, D.C., to demonstrate peacefully. “The President asked for his supporters to be there to attend, and I felt like it was important, because of how much I love this country, to actually be there,” he said. Brock added that he did not identify as part of any organized group and claimed that, despite the scenes of destruction that day, he had seen no violence. When he arrived at the Capitol, he said, he assumed he was welcome to enter the building.

Brock denied that he had entered Pelosi’s office suite, saying that he “stopped five to ten feet ahead of the sign” bearing her title that insurrectionists later tore down and brandished. However, in the ITV video, he appears to emerge from the suite. Brock said that he had worn tactical gear because “I didn’t want to get stabbed or hurt,” citing “B.L.M. and Antifa” as potential aggressors. He claimed that he had found the zip-tie handcuffs on the floor. “I wish I had not picked those up,” he told me. “My thought process there was I would pick them up and give them to an officer when I see one. . . . I didn’t do that because I had put them in my coat, and I honestly forgot about them.” He also said that he was opposed to vandalizing the building, and was dismayed when he learned of the extent of the destruction. “I know it looks menacing,” he told me. “That was not my intent.”

A lot of these guys being ex-military bums me out. It's easy to say that they just want to play soldier here at home too. But these were probably angry, disillusioned at our country vets heading in the wrong direction, even before Trump. They've of course been radicalized in the Obama/militia era and now with shit like Q, but I'd like to understand more about how we've failed them.  A topic for another day.

8 hours ago, Tuco said:

I don't think the government will pursue charges against most of them.  They will focus on the few folks who are well documented doing obvious crimes.    Of the asshats who get rounded up, most will get probation and some prohibition on future actions.  There will be a few obviously violent assholes (like the guy chasing the cop up the stairs) who will get some jail time out of it.  But those aren't the real leaders.  In the end, most of the middle/upper class mainstream Trumpsters will just come out if it with an interesting story.  I would have preferred to see them all zip tied to a fence, then taken to jail, and then figure out how they are getting bailed out.

Fuck that. Jail time for all. They can do it. Send a message.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

As insurrectionists stormed the U.S. Capitol this week, a few figures stood out. One man, clad in a combat helmet, body armor, and other tactical gear, was among the group that made it to the inner reaches of the building. Carrying zip-tie handcuffs, he was captured in photographs and videos on the Senate floor and with a group that descended on Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office suite. In a video shot by ITV News, he is seen standing against a wall adjacent to Pelosi’s office, his face covered by a bandana. At another point, he appears to exit the suite, face exposed, pushing his way through the crowds of demonstrators.

A day after the riots, John Scott-Railton, a senior researcher at Citizen Lab, at the University of Toronto’s Munk School, notified the F.B.I. that he suspected the man was retired Lieutenant Colonel Larry Rendall Brock, Jr., a Texas-based Air Force Academy graduate and combat veteran. Scott-Railton had been trying to identify various people involved in the attack. “I used a number of techniques to hone in on his identity, including facial recognition and image enhancement, as well as seeking contextual clues from his military paraphernalia,” Scott-Railton told me. Brock was wearing several patches on his combat helmet and body armor, including one bearing a yellow fleur de lis, the insignia of the 706th Fighter Squadron. He also wore several symbols suggesting that he lived in Texas, including a vinyl tag of the Texas flag overlaid on the skull logo of the Punisher, the Marvel comic-book character. The Punisher has been adopted by police and Army groups and, more recently, by white supremacists and followers of QAnon. Scott-Railton also found a recently deleted Twitter account associated with Brock, with a Crusader as its avatar. “All those things together, it’s like looking at a person’s C.V.,” Scott-Railton said.

Two family members and a longtime friend said that Brock’s political views had grown increasingly radical in recent years. Bill Leake, who flew with Brock in the Air Force for a decade, said that he had distanced himself from Brock. “I don’t contact him anymore ’cause he’s gotten extreme,” Leake told me. In recent years, Brock had become an increasingly committed supporter of Donald Trump, frequently wearing a Make America Great Again hat. In the days leading up to the siege of the Capitol, Brock had posted to social media about his plans to travel to Washington, D.C., to participate in Trump’s “Save America” rally. Brock’s family members said that he called himself a patriot, and that his expressions of that identity had become increasingly strident. One recalled “weird rage talk, basically, saying he’s willing to get in trouble to defend what he thinks is right, which is Trump being the President, I guess.” Both family members said that Brock had made racist remarks in their presence and that they believed white-supremacist views may have contributed to his motivations.

In an interview, Brock confirmed that he was the man in the photos and videos. He denied that he held racist views and echoed Trump’s baseless claims of election fraud, saying that he derived his understanding of the matter principally from social media. He told me that he had gone to Washington, D.C., to demonstrate peacefully. “The President asked for his supporters to be there to attend, and I felt like it was important, because of how much I love this country, to actually be there,” he said. Brock added that he did not identify as part of any organized group and claimed that, despite the scenes of destruction that day, he had seen no violence. When he arrived at the Capitol, he said, he assumed he was welcome to enter the building.

Brock denied that he had entered Pelosi’s office suite, saying that he “stopped five to ten feet ahead of the sign” bearing her title that insurrectionists later tore down and brandished. However, in the ITV video, he appears to emerge from the suite. Brock said that he had worn tactical gear because “I didn’t want to get stabbed or hurt,” citing “B.L.M. and Antifa” as potential aggressors. He claimed that he had found the zip-tie handcuffs on the floor. “I wish I had not picked those up,” he told me. “My thought process there was I would pick them up and give them to an officer when I see one. . . . I didn’t do that because I had put them in my coat, and I honestly forgot about them.” He also said that he was opposed to vandalizing the building, and was dismayed when he learned of the extent of the destruction. “I know it looks menacing,” he told me. “That was not my intent.”

Yeah his storytelling sounds reaaaal plausible. 

Enjoy jail asshole.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1