Urban Meyer to Jacksonville Jaguars

Vic Mackey

Saban needs a talent advantage and more coaches to win….holy fuck. I need to quit this fuckin place because it will never get any better than that post. The greatest coach of all time is only the greatest of all time because his teams were just more talented. I reckon we should go ahead and let Belichik know that he ain’t the best either because it’s obvious coughlan has his number LOL. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Ignatius said:

I want urban to fail just so that the anti-NFL crowd can tell me again why the NFL is so backward in its thinking. The major success story in the college to NFL jump in modern times is Pete carroll, who runs the most old school team in the NFL….

Matt Ruhle is a fucking bad ass coach, college or NFL. He's one of the rare few that appears he can be very good at both.

16 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

lolwut? The NFL is backwards. Also said that Urban would be an unmitigated disaster there. They're not contradictory stances.

The NFL is all about scheming and coaching. No NFL coach ever has a talent mismatch like Saban has on a nearly weekly basis. The NFL might be slow to innovate but it is the biggest stage in all of football. That will never change.

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

An 0-4 start and already a scandal in the books. I would've said this was crazy just a few weeks ago but could Urban be headed towards "one-and-done" with regard to the NFL?

Honestly, are there odds on him not finishing the season?   Because I would take those right about now.

• 2 months later...

“I’m aware of it,” said Meyer. “I’m not in charge of it but I’ll watch and I’ll say, ‘what’s our thoughts here and what’s our thoughts there?’ Obviously, I didn’t do it there with James.”

What kind of head coach says that shit?

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2021/12/6/22821143/jaguars-urban-meyer-explains-james-robinsons-absence-rb-rotation

• Haha 1

How to get yourself fired 101? 

“According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, Meyer has been involved in ugly incidents at the team facility within the last two weeks.

One incident involved a heated argument between Meyer and veteran receiver Marvin Jones, who was so angry with Meyer that he left the team facility and had to be convinced to return by other staff members.

Another incident featured a staff meeting that had Meyer ripping into his assistant coaches, calling them losers and asking them to explain what they’ve ever won.

The report also casts doubt on Meyer’s claim that he wasn’t behind the benching of running back James Robinson last week and that Meyer delegates the running back rotation to his staff. According to the report, it was actually Meyer who ordered Robinson’s benching after a fumble. Robinson later went back into the game because quarterback Trevor Lawrence questioned Meyer on the sideline about why the team’s leading rusher wasn’t playing.”

21 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

How to get yourself fired 101? 

“According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, Meyer has been involved in ugly incidents at the team facility within the last two weeks.

One incident involved a heated argument between Meyer and veteran receiver Marvin Jones, who was so angry with Meyer that he left the team facility and had to be convinced to return by other staff members.

Another incident featured a staff meeting that had Meyer ripping into his assistant coaches, calling them losers and asking them to explain what they’ve ever won.

The report also casts doubt on Meyer’s claim that he wasn’t behind the benching of running back James Robinson last week and that Meyer delegates the running back rotation to his staff. According to the report, it was actually Meyer who ordered Robinson’s benching after a fumble. Robinson later went back into the game because quarterback Trevor Lawrence questioned Meyer on the sideline about why the team’s leading rusher wasn’t playing.”

The associated article: https://www.nfl.com/news/tension-boiling-over-between-coach-urban-meyer-jaguars-players-staff

• Hook 'Em 1

Meyer’s public statements would seem to intimate he has no interest in returning to college, but public statements he made a year ago about this time intimated he had no interest in returning to coaching and look how that turned out.  As for his performance in Jacksonville, maybe he is the problem, but it’s not like that franchise had any semblance of winning culture before he arrived.  My guess is college programs would be lining up to hire him if he showed the slightest interest in returning whether these programs already filled their positions or not.  We might find out just how committed Notre Dame really is to a Marcus Freeman or how interested Oregon really is in a Dan Manning depending on how things play out

Yeah, but I'd trade 2 Sarks, 3 Hermans, and a Strong for him to be here.  

We're going 7-5 next year, at best.  With an outside shot at the Cheez-It Bowl.  I can't blame Urban for not wanting to touch this shitshow.  He knows what we're all afraid to admit.  Low 4-star Texas football recruits aren't anywhere near as good as what we think they are.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, but I'd trade 2 Sarks, 3 Hermans, and a Strong for him to be here.  

We're going 7-5 next year, at best.  With an outside shot at the Cheez-It Bowl.  I can't blame Urban for not wanting to touch this shitshow.  He knows what we're all afraid to admit.  Low 4-star Texas football recruits aren't anywhere near as good as what we think they are.  

Yep.  Being a little bitch and a great CFB coach are not mutually exclusive 

I imagine Oregon's Uncle Phil has already reached out. That whole setup is tailor-made for an amoral douchebag who just happens to be a great CFB coach. Uncle Phil is cut from the same cloth and will spend what it takes to win the championship before he pushes off (he's in his mid-80s). With Riley going to USC, he's going to want to make a splash. 

(but UO still sucks) 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/1/2021 at 4:07 PM, Tex Pete said:

Plus Mack has bitch tits and looks like Mr. Haney. And you can hear Urban's clogged arteries straining to do their jobs. Nothing is sacred here. We call out flaws of theirs and ours. And we find flaws where there aren't any.

And none of us has ever wasted our time on any woman less than a 10. Unless we forgot our glasses Of Bourbon.

FIFY

ND is in no mood to hire another asshole after all those years with Kelly. For being so successful, there was very little if any outrage or sadness in South Bend when he bolted and something like euphoria in promoting Freeman. 

His next job might have to be somewhere a cut below what he's accustomed to. Urb'srep has taken some serious hits on and off the field so if he does come back it will in my opinion be at a second-tier power with no morals whatsoever. Auburn, aggy, Tennessee...somewhere along in there.

36 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

ND is in no mood to hire another asshole after all those years with Kelly. For being so successful, there was very little if any outrage or sadness in South Bend when he bolted and something like euphoria in promoting Freeman. 

His next job might have to be somewhere a cut below what he's accustomed to. Urb'srep has taken some serious hits on and off the field so if he does come back it will in my opinion be at a second-tier power with no morals whatsoever. Auburn, aggy, Tennessee...somewhere along in there.

Maybe Oregon waits for Urban?