Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I'm active. I love being outside, doing stuff outside. I gravitate to cities/areas which support being outside. When I visit these areas, the biggest thing that stands out is the weather, the second biggest thing that stands out is that the people living in these areas are not fat as fuck. Texans are obese as fuck. The two go hand in hand. 

Rockies:

snowboard, ski, cross country ski, hiking in the winter;

hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, fly fish, camping in the summer. 

winter and summer: enjoy the fuck out of the scenery

year round fun. that's the lifestyle that i want to live.

To be fair, Texans are fat. Alabamans/Mississippians, Cajuns are the real obese ones. 

16 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

I was here for work and decided I wanted to be a fucking regard and marry a local. Long story short, the bitch cheated on me with my son's scout master, we got divorced, and I'm stuck here at least until my 8 yr old turns 18. 

At least the scenery is nice this time of year. 

That sucks.

But agree that spring and fall are amazing here... PA is underrated for that. And winters, at least in southeastern part of the state, have become quite mild now (climate change is here). Summers are swampy though, but that's true for most east coast.

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I'm active. I love being outside, doing stuff outside. I gravitate to cities/areas which support being outside. When I visit these areas, the biggest thing that stands out is the weather, the second biggest thing that stands out is that the people living in these areas are not fat as fuck. Texans are obese as fuck. The two go hand in hand. 

Rockies:

BBQ and Mexican foods must be damn good in Texas 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

BBQ and Mexican foods must be damn good in Texas 

doesn't suck.  The Missus and I are contemplating summering "elsewhere" once the youngest is out of the house in the next year or two.  My boss already ok'd it so I am counting the days

16 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Wrong board. Apparently. 

You're right. This board is about hilariously extending tangents because it's so damn funny. That and getting to a 1000 pages which is an epic achievement.

What could possibly be more entertaining than seeing the recruiting thread is "hot" and opening it up to find such interesting and hilarious tangent posting? 

I'm just one of those pathetic characters who doesn't care about your dog, your children, the weather where you are, or what you eat. I also don't find much humor in a wit vacuum.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The drive from the Denver airport is a mess. That’s the biggest downside. Real estate is a direct reflection of the quality of living. You show me a place with cheap real estate and tell me how badly you want to live there. The food scene has improved over the last ten years as more people have moved here. 
Fort Worth used to be the rare combo of cheap real estate and nice place to live (if neighborhood is chosen wisely) but the cheap real estate part is quickly coming to an end these days...some would say it's already there.

30 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Rockies:

Only thing I don't like about Colorado is it's landlocked.  Miss the ocean. Ok, the food isn't great either.  But weather, people and scenery are A level plus Denver is a day's drive to Texas.

43 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

I was here for work and decided I wanted to be a fucking regard and marry a local. Long story short, the bitch cheated on me with my son's scout master, we got divorced, and I'm stuck here at least until my 8 yr old turns 18. 

Dude, your life sucks!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Dude, your life sucks!

You don't have to tell me...I live it every day. 

What really sucks is that not long before I found out she was banging the scout dork, I was offered an engineering job in the Woodlands that I had to end up turning down. 

Edited by Lou_Sassle
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

This shit went way off the tracks. Might to need to rename this thread to “hey look, it’s a squirrel”

To the contrary, this is just a long-game setup to the football staff's upcoming foray into Colorado ski country to find us the next Jeremy Bloom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lou_Sassle said:

are you a character in mare of easttown?

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Will Campbell has been working up the energy to decommit for two months. Texas is all over him, but so is everyone else. There's some buzz that Texas would be one of the most likely destinations for him should he abandon the LSU grease fire. Maybe there's something to it.

Someone alluded to Ketchum getting wind of whatever it is and fucking it up, and that's the likeliest outcome. If Roach already knows something and is calling around blurting out whatever he knows looking for confirmation, word will eventually get back to fatfuck Ketchum. From there, it's minutes before he starts bloviating on whatever it is and eventually tips off the other staff to recommit the player asap. Our only hope is that Pluckers is having some sort aggressive special tonight regarding wings, vats of cheese, and bacon.

The PNW discussion makes me want to drop everything and move there. I've lived in Houston or Austin all my life and I fucking hate the heat and humidity. 

As a longtime south and east Texas resident, I concur.  Fuck the heat.  Fuck the humidity.  Fuck the endless summers.  I want a place with some grey and snow...

3 minutes ago, Soccer Dudes Dad said:

As a longtime south and east Texas resident, I concur.  Fuck the heat.  Fuck the humidity.  Fuck the endless summers.  I want a place with some grey and snow...

Old people and cocaine? Hate to break it to you broseph, but Florida is hot and humid too.

• Haha 3

You don't have to tell me...I live it every day. 
What really sucks is that not long before I found out she was banging the scout dork, I was offered an engineering job in the Woodlands that I had to end up turning down. 

I mean seems like you dodged a bullet

2 hours ago, Lou_Sassle said:

The mountains can fuck right the fuck off. I live in PA coal country mountains and I absolutely fucking hate it here. I would gladly sell one of my testicles on the black market to be able to move back to the gulf coast of Texas.

Spent a few years in NEPA. Wasteland of nothingness with great pizza 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting