Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

54 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

How does HWH avoid this if its allocated ahead of time for every O-lineman?

Because it's a standing opportunity for the offensive lineman room (scholarship OL that are academically eligible & in good standing - i.e. not suspended) at the University of Texas at Austin who opt in to the deal.  If you meet the eligibility criteria, you are able to opt in to the deal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

I thought everybody on Surly makes $1MM+ per year and fucks 10’s all day long.  Am I missing something?

dude, the "Panhandle 4" is not a myth.  Someone on Surly hit that.  Wasn't me, I dont go for anything less than a Panhandle 6

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Skinner not signing yet with Bama is interesting. I was also  told that billingsly was definitely in the plans in October so we shall see how this unfolds. Personally, I’d love to just go get the backup TE at Iowa or Wisconsin or something. We need a plus blocker there.

From my limited viewing of Billingsly, he is what Wiley dreams of being. He is a great receiving TE and is just not a fan of doing anything without the ball in his hands

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I personally think DMO is the most over-rated player on the team. He is a really talented, but he is just not very good at LB. He constant falls for any kind of eye candy. He is good when he is kept clean and can see ball, chase ball, but honestly most LBs are pretty good in that scenario. He just doesnt do LB things well and is slow to recognize 

When he got injured and Ford/Ghenda and even Tilman getting snaps together was a breath of fresh air seeing LBs running through gaps (even if it were the wrong ones).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

When he got injured and Ford/Ghenda and even Tilman getting snaps together was a breath of fresh air seeing LBs running through gaps (even if it were the wrong ones).

Ford was the one LB that would go forward. I hate watching the LBs play zone blocking schemes. They hang back and wait for the RB to pick a hole, by that time the double has effectively eliminated the DT and the climbing OL can easily get in the LBs way. If you want to see excellent ILB play, watch Arkansas LBs destroy Texas zone blocking. So aggressive filling holes and making the DL correct. 

5 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

That is sure what it sounded like on their latest podcast.  Who are the other finalists?  Anyone know?

I thought he was solid to tosu.. which why i was surprised when Gerry started Wednesday morning off by saying watch for Arbor.

At one point he was a heavy ou lean, then tosu.  I think he did visit Bama and aggy.

Don't even think he visited Austin this fall or anything either.

25 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

No no not me. I don’t want to get another great player. 

24 minutes ago, NoName said:

yes, i too would like to get the #38 overall composite recruit in the country

21 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I don't know about everyone else, but I would love to get a blowjob from Kate Beckinsale. 

Hey, I might be misremembering, but I thought some people were saying he wasn't looking as good his senior year and that they weren't fans of us pushing for him. But I could be thinking of someone else.

Seinfeld Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

42 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Just to give everyone an idea of how bad this is. I went to the class calculator and with 8 players I got a score of 161.46 or the 75th rated class in 2019 (obviously a bit skewed, because other classes have lost players, but you get the idea). Not sure you could get less out of a #3 ranked class if you tried. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

This is brilliant. And we should only recruit WR/LB hybrids for this room. Two-way players. We'd revolutionize the game... 

problem with that is conditioning. Very few players can go both ways because of conditioning. It’s all about conditioning. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting