Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m not sure that will work. I’m no Scholar of Potter, but I don’t remember a house who’s main tenets were paste eating and being bamboozled by doorknobs. 

It’s not a house; it’s a stadium…but I heard it had an issue with bats, and the outdoor fireplace wasn’t structurally sound.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

It’s not a house; it’s a stadium…but I heard it had an issue with bats, and the outdoor fireplace wasn’t structurally sound.

Aggy would be the Bulgarian Durmstrang Institute, the shitty boys wizardry school playing fake army.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

Did Texas A&M’s blatant cheating this cycle eclipse Ole Miss under Hugh Freeze? — Stephen R.

What was the driving force behind Texas A&Ms historic class? I know Jimbo Fisher built a strong recruiting organization but this haul sort of came out of nowhere. Is this a one off or should we get used to Texas A&M in the top five? — Jeff H.

When Harold Perkins of Cypress (Texas) Cy Park announced his commitment to A&M over the weekend, it gave the Aggies six five-stars and 16 top-100 prospects in the Class of 2022. And they could tie the record for the most five-star prospects in a single class if they land defensive lineman Shemar Stewart of Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace. The Aggies are about to sign the best class in modern recruiting history. That, of course, is the biggest story of this cycle.

Guess what? Everyone who is jealous of Texas A&M’s success has accused Fisher and his staff of cheating.

My hope was that baseless cheating accusations would die with the introduction of name, image and likeness. I, unfortunately, was wrong.

Nobody is saying cheating doesn’t happen in college football recruiting. Of course it does. But what proof do Stephen and the thousands of other people who make similar statements have? Or are these just angry comments because you’re blown away by what the Aggies are doing? In the NIL era, it is perfectly legal for boosters to set up whatever financial circumstances they want for the players on the team. Even if NIL money is the reason everyone is going to Texas A&M, is that against the rules? Are you mad players are making more money? Does it annoy you that your school isn’t paying as much?

Great recruiters always go above and beyond — hopefully within the rules — to squeeze the very most value they can out of every situation. If Texas A&M figured out a financial system that can benefit its athletes better than those at other schools, then why is that a bad thing? To me, in a world where it is legal, I’d just put that under the umbrella of top-notch recruiting.

I can bet one thing: If A&M’s class was built based solely off of NIL money, competing programs and coaches are aware of it and they’ll adapt in the next cycle to ensure A&M doesn’t run away with the top class once again. When someone is good at something, what happens? Others take note and try it, too.

Do I believe that NIL money has something to do with what has made Texas A&M a more attractive landing spot in this cycle? Sure I do. Texas A&M has always been a solid recruiting outfit, but Fisher and his staff are recruiting at a level that is making Alabama’s head turn. That’s a hard thing to do. But guess what? I also don’t think it’s bad. If rich people who support Texas A&M want to toss cash at athletes who haven’t performed yet, let them do it. It’s about time these players earned as much money as humanly possible. The hard part is that NIL deals aren’t public record so getting into specifics of who is getting what isn’t possible.

So when you ask what is the driving force behind Texas A&M’s class, it’s a lot of things. One, the Aggies have done a tremendous job in the Houston area. Fisher, who won a national championship at Florida State, has proven to be a very good recruiter. And in recruiting — a world where these prospects are friends and communicate daily — momentum is real. Texas A&M has all the momentum in the world. These guys want to play with each other, and this class is truly something special.

It’ll take a few more classes like this for Texas A&M to reach Alabama’s level in total talent, but it’s a nice start.

If you’re getting angry by what A&M is doing — which is certainly within the new rules of this sport — I’d challenge you to ask yourself why? I bet the answer is because your favorite school isn’t doing the same.

The good news for the angry people? Other programs will adapt, and the playing field will be evened out a bit. For now, I think Texas A&M deserves a pat on the back for doing whatever it can to bring this much talent into the program. If you’re bothered by it, that’s your problem.

For those who still think head national recruiting writer for the Athletic Ari Wasserman isn’t a honk…

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:
  Hide contents

Did Texas A&M’s blatant cheating this cycle eclipse Ole Miss under Hugh Freeze? — Stephen R.

What was the driving force behind Texas A&Ms historic class? I know Jimbo Fisher built a strong recruiting organization but this haul sort of came out of nowhere. Is this a one off or should we get used to Texas A&M in the top five? — Jeff H.

When Harold Perkins of Cypress (Texas) Cy Park announced his commitment to A&M over the weekend, it gave the Aggies six five-stars and 16 top-100 prospects in the Class of 2022. And they could tie the record for the most five-star prospects in a single class if they land defensive lineman Shemar Stewart of Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace. The Aggies are about to sign the best class in modern recruiting history. That, of course, is the biggest story of this cycle.

Guess what? Everyone who is jealous of Texas A&M’s success has accused Fisher and his staff of cheating.

My hope was that baseless cheating accusations would die with the introduction of name, image and likeness. I, unfortunately, was wrong.

Nobody is saying cheating doesn’t happen in college football recruiting. Of course it does. But what proof do Stephen and the thousands of other people who make similar statements have? Or are these just angry comments because you’re blown away by what the Aggies are doing? In the NIL era, it is perfectly legal for boosters to set up whatever financial circumstances they want for the players on the team. Even if NIL money is the reason everyone is going to Texas A&M, is that against the rules? Are you mad players are making more money? Does it annoy you that your school isn’t paying as much?

Great recruiters always go above and beyond — hopefully within the rules — to squeeze the very most value they can out of every situation. If Texas A&M figured out a financial system that can benefit its athletes better than those at other schools, then why is that a bad thing? To me, in a world where it is legal, I’d just put that under the umbrella of top-notch recruiting.

I can bet one thing: If A&M’s class was built based solely off of NIL money, competing programs and coaches are aware of it and they’ll adapt in the next cycle to ensure A&M doesn’t run away with the top class once again. When someone is good at something, what happens? Others take note and try it, too.

Do I believe that NIL money has something to do with what has made Texas A&M a more attractive landing spot in this cycle? Sure I do. Texas A&M has always been a solid recruiting outfit, but Fisher and his staff are recruiting at a level that is making Alabama’s head turn. That’s a hard thing to do. But guess what? I also don’t think it’s bad. If rich people who support Texas A&M want to toss cash at athletes who haven’t performed yet, let them do it. It’s about time these players earned as much money as humanly possible. The hard part is that NIL deals aren’t public record so getting into specifics of who is getting what isn’t possible.

So when you ask what is the driving force behind Texas A&M’s class, it’s a lot of things. One, the Aggies have done a tremendous job in the Houston area. Fisher, who won a national championship at Florida State, has proven to be a very good recruiter. And in recruiting — a world where these prospects are friends and communicate daily — momentum is real. Texas A&M has all the momentum in the world. These guys want to play with each other, and this class is truly something special.

It’ll take a few more classes like this for Texas A&M to reach Alabama’s level in total talent, but it’s a nice start.

If you’re getting angry by what A&M is doing — which is certainly within the new rules of this sport — I’d challenge you to ask yourself why? I bet the answer is because your favorite school isn’t doing the same.

The good news for the angry people? Other programs will adapt, and the playing field will be evened out a bit. For now, I think Texas A&M deserves a pat on the back for doing whatever it can to bring this much talent into the program. If you’re bothered by it, that’s your problem.

For those who still think head national recruiting writer for the Athletic Ari Wasserman isn’t a honk…

He asks for proof of cheating and offers zero proof that NIL is the correct reasoning

2 hours ago, Atari said:

You Are 38% Slytherin, 33% Gryffindor, 19% Ravenclaw, and 10% Hufflepuff!

Not really sure what that means other than Slytherin were the "dark semi-evil" house and all the heroes were Gryffindor.

You Are 55% Slytherin, 21% Gryffindor, 20% Ravenclaw, and 4% Hufflepuff!

try harder, work more, you’ll get there eventually. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

47 percent hufflepuff. My wife and kids are wearing off on me. I don’t know why the buzz feed test should be considered more conclusive than the one Rowling designed herself but whatever. 
who the hell was the chick on Saturday night live playing Hermione?  

I think it was Lindsay Lohan. 

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

47 percent hufflepuff. My wife and kids are wearing off on me. I don’t know why the buzz feed test should be considered more conclusive than the one Rowling designed herself but whatever. 

Because you probably like cars.  

cats aren’t good, toads at least taste like chicken and get you high as fuck if you find the right one.   Never tried owl but guessing it’s gamey

34 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The one on world of wizarding required an email and maybe even account setup. So buzzfeed. They only take what they can leech. 

Spoiler

Sounds like aggy threw a little of that "NIL" money at Mr. Wasserman. Bags arent enough, gotta counter BOMC as well you know..

5 hours ago, ousux said:
7 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:
Spoiler
  Hide contents

Sounds like aggy threw a little of that "NIL" money at Mr. Wasserman. Bags arent enough, gotta counter BOMC as well you know..

I mean it does make me mad that my school isn’t doing the same, yes, so he’s right. 

14 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

OK....can someone explain the difference in a 4* and 5* recruit?  Who decides the rating?

Per 247's system: 

110 - 101 = Franchise Player. One of the best players to come along in years, if not decades. Odds of having a player in this category every year is slim. This prospect has “can’t miss” talent.

100 - 98 = Five-star prospect. One of the top 30 players in the nation. This player has excellent pro-potential and should emerge as one of the best in the country before the end of his career. There will be 32 prospects ranked in this range in every football class to mirror the first round of the NFL Draft.

97 - 90 = Four-star prospect. One of the top 300 players in the nation. This prospect will be an impact-player for his college team. He is an All-American candidate who is projected to play professionally.

89 - 80 = Three-star prospect. One of the top 10% players in the nation. This player will develop into a reliable starter for his college team and is among the best players in his region of the country. Many three-stars have significant pro potential.

79 - below = Two-star prospect. This player makes up the bulk of Division I rosters. He may have little pro-potential, but is likely to become a role player for his respective school

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

I get up at 5:30a, decide to take a seat upon my throne and read about recruiting...

I open this thread about six pages back and start scanning...  See a tall recruit doing recruit stuff... Cool...  Keep scanning...  Lacrosse?  Ok. A recruit plays lacrosse... Cool... Keep scanning... Wtf are these dudes talking about? Wait.. the snuffaluffagus or what? What is this shit? Oh, ok, Harry Potter... Never saw it. Ok...  Wait, what? Harry Potter personality quiz?

Ok, nerds... I know it's the off-season, but can you contain yourselves? You are making me look even more suspicious, because I can't do the Harry Potter thing at all... And you should probably do less of it.

Yeah but which house do you belong to though?

Edited by westexhorn

13 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

What’s the latest on LTG? Isn’t he supposed to announce on Saturday?

his twitter follows are pretty heavily Colorado right now, with a couple of Texas commits sprinkled in as well as like 2 maryland folks: https://en.whotwi.com/freshboylarry3/friends

follows:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ce95c914f2f118e315928e36e478c465.png

image.thumb.png.936cf34029d65ab7a526fdcc73b04df5.png

13 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Why do I get an overrated JAG feeling about this cat? Likes like he’s dropped quite a bit in terms of rankings.  Can someone sell me on him as a take?

he's gone from a composite top 50  player to his current ranking of 189, as far as we know right now he isn't a take.

image.thumb.png.c2fe9d46e0161592ed40ed3653c2b949.png

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Snacks said:

I get up at 5:30a, decide to take a seat upon my throne and read about recruiting...

I open this thread about six pages back and start scanning...  See a tall recruit doing recruit stuff... Cool...  Keep scanning...  Lacrosse?  Ok. A recruit plays lacrosse... Cool... Keep scanning... Wtf are these dudes talking about? Wait.. the snuffaluffagus or what? What is this shit? Oh, ok, Harry Potter... Never saw it. Ok...  Wait, what? Harry Potter personality quiz?

Ok, nerds... I know it's the off-season, but can you contain yourselves? You are making me look even more suspicious, because I can't do the Harry Potter thing at all... And you should probably do less of it.

It’s why we can’t have nice things.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, if this shit is going to continue, I'm going to have to expound on my earlier post and I think we're going to have to give an official name for the denizens of the football board. A few options, off the top of my head:

House StumbleFuck
House HuffingGas
House WaterHead
House ShortBus
House DownGrade

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

This entire page is about Harry Potter and the aggy recruiting class.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

obviously psyching themselves up for their weekend Fantasy Dungeons and Dragons Draft. Where they all sit around on their macbooks, sipping frothy starbucks drinks and eating fucking granola.

This page has me yearning for more talk about brisket, craft beer, cheese puns, and geograpy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Snacks said:

QFT

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

This page has me yearning for more talk about brisket, craft beer, cheese puns, and geograpy.

And monkeys and strippers. 

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 1

You took the quiz and got hufflepuff, didn’t you? 
Ravenclaw here, and no..didnt take the test wilingly. Was forced by my now wife when we were dating a few years back.

So how about that aggy recruiting class huh? Seems like they got some decent players, but the imbeciles forgot the bread this time. Jimbo gonna have to go back Safeway or whatever shitty grocery they have in Collie station.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting