CWS Game 12: Texas vs. Mississippi State 6:55 CDT First Pitch

sidis

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

I drink fast

I just don't even understand how "running out of beer" is possible?  

I mean, when I hit the beer fridge hard  I might run out of my favorite beer, and then the second choice, and maybe even 3rd best, but I still always have at least a couple cases of my backup Westvleteren lying around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I bet you $100 his abuelita doesn’t pronounce it like that. You want to go tráfico a grandmother of the guy who saved the game?

Not one person called him eevahn this whole season until Omaha. They get pronunciation cards in the booth. The players ok those cards for LHN. It's eyevan. 

5 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I bet you $100 his abuelita doesn’t pronounce it like that. You want to go tráfico a grandmother of the guy who saved the game?

Probably, but in Texas, you never know ...

4 minutes ago, b_p said:

Look, I get it.  But two walks and a Melendez bomb don't undo how he let things get out of hand in the bottom of the 8th.

Do you know what "out of hand" means? I wouldn't call the other team tying the game only to get immediately answered the game getting "out of hand". 

• Hook 'Em 2

When witt walked those guys I turned off the game and went to my bedroom and watched the stat cast from my phone. Left it off until the home run. 
Will not turn the game back on this evening in fear of jinxing it. You’re welcome 

Don’t lie. You’re just making the smarter choice than the rest of us and going to sleep

6 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Rookie mistake.

FYI.

total wine has 12 packs of Real Ale products (Fireman’s 4, Devils Backone, Atlas IPA, etc) all for 12.99.

can’t beat that price man. 

A 12-pack of Devil's Backbone for 12.99 is a darn good deal.  

Almost as good as when HEB sold 6-packs of Primus for $6.48.

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

This game is just so boring.  I mean no pretend sword play or dancing around on the mound!!!

UNWATCHABLE!

BRING BACK "NEW BASEBALL"!!!!!!!!

Lulz. He pimped the shit out that homer and it was awesome! 

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

This game is just so boring.  I mean no pretend sword play or dancing around on the mound!!!

UNWATCHABLE!

BRING BACK "NEW BASEBALL"!!!!!!!!

you realize that melendez's reaction to his bomb was very much "new baseball" right?

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Because that shit needs to be GIFd...

jYqgQz.gif

At the crack of the bat: "Could it?"

When Ivan skipped out of the box: "Oh, I think it c-..."

Then the bat flip: "...will!!"

And finally, as the camera changed to follow the ball: "Say goodnight to this one!"

Edited by Braff Zacklin

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

you realize that melendez's reaction to his bomb was very much "new baseball" right?

Not at all.  Bat flips have been around forever and a day.  Nothing new about it and been part of the game for a long, long time.

Good try though.

Edited by Cajun

well we are still on track to do this the hardest way possible.  Pierce bailed out.  hope this is short and Nixon can go.  I'm not sure I trust anyone else to throw strikes with this ump.

Ump should be pissed at MSU coach for the bullshit delaying.

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Do you know what "out of hand" means? I wouldn't call the other team tying the game only to get immediately answered the game getting "out of hand". 

even Pierce would admit he left Witt in too long.