2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Just a wag but I imagine King thinks the starting position is still his when he returns. They'd have to find someone who wouldn't require starting as a precondition, or else risk losing King too.

If their freshman chooses baseball, lots of laughs.

43 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

aggy fans treated Calzada like shit. Don't blame him one bit. He practically collapsed on the field for them... lord knows what goes on in their medical tent but he somehow came back multiple times. He beat Alabama and they still tell him he's the single reason for their crappy 8&4 season...like one hit King was going to be their savior.

(Note: they already are moving on past King for Weigman... King will be transferring after next season from aggy)

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Wonder if the door shut on Billy Bowman.  He committed to OU only for Riley to force him onto defense and then bolt for SC within a year 

I'm curious to see how ou plays this, they've traditionally been great at damage control. No one in media dares get after them based on what they've deserved. From Dusty to Mixon...What they did during the transition from Bob to Riley to keep that class together was ruthless, they play to win. They'll shame the hell out of these kids.

59 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Poor kid had to deal with that psycho fan base and their insane expectations. And now they are left with an injured FR INT machine and then an incoming true FR next year.

They got to go after a QB in the portal right?

I could see them going after Slovis or Rattler honestly. 

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Damn.  Wasn't going to wait around for the Spring game.  But I guess if I had the Oompa-Loompa screaming at me for not running his dinosaur offense the right way every time I jogged off the field I'd bolt too. 

Ok guys, I've seen enough. The preferred nomenclature for Jimbo Fisher is Ritz Bit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's a timeless story: Highly-rated recruit, off-field issues, commits to second-tier program, transfers down the ladder, fades into obscurity

Speaking of this, Ewers' recruit rating had me looking at the 2018 class. The consensus top 5 was

Trevor Lawrence (NFL #1 overall starting as rookie)
Justin Fields (NFL #11 pick, starting as rookie)
Xavier Thomas (projected 2022 first round pick)
Eyabi Anoma (just transferred to Tennessee-Martin)
Micah Parsons (NFL #12 pick, starting and starring as a rookie)

49637516.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Speaking of this, Ewers' recruit rating had me looking at the 2018 class. The consensus top 5 was

49637516.jpg

I enjoy a good where are they now. And what happened to them 

https://withthefirstpick.com/2020/06/08/former-five-star-recruit-eyabi-anoma-heading-fcs-ut-martin/

aggy fans treated Calzada like shit. Don't blame him one bit. He practically collapsed on the field for them... lord knows what goes on in their medical tent but he somehow came back multiple times. He beat Alabama and they still tell him he's the single reason for their crappy 8&4 season...like one hit King was going to be their savior.
(Note: they already are moving on past King for Weigman... King will be transferring after next season from aggy)

Evan Stewart, come on down!
  • Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

49637516.jpg

He didn't come to play school!

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)